Well, I just pulled the trigger and made my deposit/preorder for the A8 and D8. I am very happy with my A18/D18 and have high hopes for these new units.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAnedio D1 DACtagged by System, 6/2/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 6/2/12
- categoryDedicated Source Componentstagged by System, 6/2/12
- productEastern Electric MiniMax Dactagged by System, 6/2/12
- productMatrix Quattro Dactagged by System, 6/2/12
- productweiss audio DAC202tagged by System, 6/2/12
- productWyred4Sound DAC-2tagged by System, 6/2/12
- productYulong D100tagged by System, 6/2/12
- productYulong Sabre D18tagged by System, 6/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best DAC from $1500 to $2500 (or so) Can anything beat the Eastern Electric Minimax? Last post on 4/29/16 at 5:56pm in High-end Audio Forum
- best DAC under 1000$ + question Last post on 12/22/15 at 10:14pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Balanced DACs $600 - $1600, the segment explodes Last post on 8/8/13 at 11:13pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Help with selecting a DAC Last post on 8/17/12 at 11:11am in Computer Audio
- What headphone DAC/Amps use the ESS Sabre DAC chip? Last post on 10/3/12 at 11:48pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Yulong Sabre D18 thread: reviews, impressions, discussion (full review added 2/5) - Page 36post #526 of 10329/20/12 at 6:57pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #527 of 10329/20/12 at 8:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by colour97
nuts : recently i got HD800 and ref 1, do you think A18 could drive 800?
if possible , please give review : A18 pair
ed with D18.
D18 paired with master 5,
and A18 paired with ref 7.1
if above combination can make some chemical reaction, i will buy one. Now i am using D18 paired with master 6 as pre amp, 300 B tube amp as power amp to get the most from d18.
Do you change the fuse of D18?
I have already done this, in this thread. Here is the link post #413 http://www.head-fi.org/t/586153/yulong-sabre-d18-thread-reviews-impressions-discussion-full-review-added-2-5/405
I haven't heard the 800 with the a18 but as mentioned, the 800 was the reference can by yulong while he developed the amp. & after hearing both separately, I would say the synergy woud most likely be pretty good. The 800s would love that Sound sig I would think.post #528 of 10329/20/12 at 8:32pmpost #529 of 10329/20/12 at 8:33pm
omg, the d8/a8 would be my dream setup. I'm off to put a deposit - and to think I was just about to buy the new Denefrips DAC-10D.
Might try that one out a bit later, looks impressive.post #530 of 10329/20/12 at 9:24pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by rawrster
It seems there's a void here but understandable void since I would imagine there would be compromises for a balanced dac at this price range. Would you say at this price range the Yulong is the best balanced dac disregarding the signature of the dac? I was looking at the quattro dac but not sure about that as well as the digital link iii from ps audio or of course the new schiit dac but not sure about their dacs yet.
Also the D8 and A8 may be available. I just saws a thread from grant fidelity the north america seller: http://www.head-fi.org/t/628317/yulong-a8-and-d8-pre-order-invitation-order-by-oct-31st-only
Well, the usual disclaimer applies here since of course I haven't heard everything out there. And also there's new stuff coming out every day. But I'd say yes, this is the best balanced DAC available for this price in my opinion. It is very, VERY enjoyable.
Interesting news about the D8 and A8 being available for purchase by us mere mortals. I bet that makes an obscenely good combo.post #531 of 10329/21/12 at 1:21amQuote:
How much deposit to you have to pay and how do you do it?....peterpost #532 of 10329/21/12 at 1:30ampost #533 of 10329/21/12 at 6:42ampost #534 of 10329/21/12 at 7:29amQuote:
Same price as buying D18 and A18. So deposit for A8 is 899.00 and deposit for D8 is 699.00. Balance owing to be deterimined at the time of shipping. I contacted Grant Fidelity for making the deposit. Rachel will help you out.
Edited by mrcasey - 9/21/12 at 7:31ampost #535 of 10329/21/12 at 8:26amQuote:
Thanks,I understand,now.......Thanks for your reply....peterpost #536 of 10329/21/12 at 8:41amThread StarterIf I understand the proportion properly, the A8 and D8 look like full size components right? Since the A18 is like a compact half size unit and the A8 is essentially two of them.... That's a big unit. Not that it's a problem, I'm just thinking out loud.post #537 of 10329/21/12 at 9:30am
Obviously this is a pre production model but the A8 definately looks bigger than the A18. It looks to be built beefy with thick aluminum.
I am speculating the D8 on the other hand will likely not require much more extra space that the D18. I would think there is a chance Yulong will include a built in USB converter on this model since cost savings is not a concern for this design. Regardless, I hope the D8 comes in a matching enclosure to the A8 even if it is mostly empty space so they pair nicely like the A18/D18 set.
Edited by mrcasey - 9/21/12 at 9:38ampost #538 of 10329/21/12 at 10:07am
Paid deposit on D8/A8 combo. Can't wait! I can think of nothing better than a supercharged version of the d18/a18. Such a great pairing already.
I concur with the sig pros too, they were the only can (I had) that didn't sound awesome on it. Too sensitive i think and just bad synergy.
I also hope he goes a similar route with the d8 and has dual mono design in the matching case.
Now for the arduous wait......post #539 of 10329/21/12 at 10:10am
- Yulong Sabre D18 thread: reviews, impressions, discussion (full review added 2/5)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Hifiman HE 560 3 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 36 seconds ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 55 seconds ago
- › WTB Schiit Sys 1 minute ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 1 minute ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 2 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear