Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6662

post #99916 of 152004
Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexBlast View Post
 

 

Well looking at it, the series compositor worked on the original and Evol while the director only worked on Sousei no Aquarion.

 

I really hope it won't go to tears like Evol did.

 

BTW, finally finished Valvrave and I think it's a very fitting  ending for an anime that is a roller coaster of emotions.

Go to tears? Explain without spoilers plese. I didn't finish EVOL

 

Valvrave..yep...GC of 2013 for sure. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

It was good. Better than expected, but nothing mindblowing.
Unlike Space Dandy....



First episode of Nobunaga the Fool is out....hmmm not sure if I should give it a try. It sounds really meh.

I'll give it a try :/

post #99917 of 152004

Okay, watching it right now.

Sure...draw everything as precisely as possible except Northern Europe.

post #99918 of 152004
Finished Uchouten Kazoku.

Decent show. It's set in a world where tengu and tanuki alike blend into the daily busy life of Kyoto. The characters are a little boring, and to be honest I found it a bit boring on the whole. In the later half of the series a plot and a bit of tension suddenly crept in. The plot was good, but I hate the use of a greedy/evil flat antagonist. The art was good, OP/ED were decent.
I was mostly bored with the first half, and the second half was quite entertaining, though still below expectation.

7/10.
post #99919 of 152004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Okay, watching it right now.

Sure...draw everything as precisely as possible except Northern Europe.

Lollolol. The proximity and weirdness of Northern Europe is funny

post #99920 of 152004

http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/1uh99q/japanese_animator_on_space_dandy_condemns_english/

 

Japanese Animator on Space Dandy condems the English Dub of the show for being incorrect at some parts. Those parts were important story elemtns to characters and what not.

 

SUBS FTW.

post #99921 of 152004
50 more posts left.

Welp, I guess we'll pass 100k in my sleep then. Such a shame.
Can't really stay up longer too. As it is I'll have 7 hours of sleep, since I need to get up early again from now on (until summer vacation :S)
post #99922 of 152004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Finished Uchouten Kazoku.

Decent show. It's set in a world where tengu and tanuki alike blend into the daily busy life of Kyoto. The characters are a little boring, and to be honest I found it a bit boring on the whole. In the later half of the series a plot and a bit of tension suddenly crept in. The plot was good, but I hate the use of a greedy/evil flat antagonist. The art was good, OP/ED were decent.
I was mostly bored with the first half, and the second half was quite entertaining, though still below expectation.

7/10.

 

I still want to see this show. I missed it last year when it came out.

post #99923 of 152004
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Go to tears? Explain without spoilers plese. I didn't finish EVOL

 

Valvrave..yep...GC of 2013 for sure. 

 

 

Let's say that Evol was crap and cannot even touch the magnificence of the first Aquarion, even with a 10 mile stick.

 

What's GC again?

 

Just finished the first episode of Nobunaga the Fool. It doesn't show much and I don't really know what's going on because it's just a clusterf*** of different eras and different technologies mashed up into one. I mean mechas in what looks like the Edo era? It really doesn't give a crap about being period correct.

 

And LOOK AT THEM TUBEZ!!!

Surely the art director for this anime must've been heavily inspired by those very, very old drawing that predicts how the year 2000 will look like. Maybe he's a fan of Jules Verne?

It's interesting nonetheless.


Edited by VortexBlast - 1/5/14 at 2:56pm
post #99924 of 152004
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Lollolol. The proximity and weirdness of Northern Europe is funny

Super messed up. Don't even know where to start.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/1uh99q/japanese_animator_on_space_dandy_condemns_english/

 

Japanese Animator on Space Dandy condems the English Dub of the show for being incorrect at some parts. Those parts were important story elemtns to characters and what not.

 

SUBS FTW.

Subs ftw!

 


Did not make it through the whole Nobunaga episode.
Really not my cup of tea.
:confused_face:

post #99925 of 152004

I heard a few people compare Nobunaga the Fool to Horizon...I nearly threw up.

post #99926 of 152004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

50 more posts left.

Welp, I guess we'll pass 100k in my sleep then. Such a shame.
Can't really stay up longer too. As it is I'll have 7 hours of sleep, since I need to get up early again from now on (until summer vacation :S)

 

Good night sweet prince. Here's looking at you kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexBlast View Post
 

 

Let's say that Evol was crap and cannot even touch the magnificence of the first Aquarion, even with a 10 mile stick.

 

What's GC again?

 

Just finished the first episode of Nobunaga the Fool. It doesn't show much and I don't really know what's going on because it's just a clusterf*** of different eras and different technologies mashed up into one. I mean mechas in what looks like the Edo era? It really doesn't give a crap about being period correct.

 

And LOOK AT THEM TUBEZ!!!

Surely the art director for this anime must've been heavily inspired by those very, very old drawing that predicts how the year 2000 will look like. Maybe he's a fan of Jules Verne?

It's interesting nonetheless.

Yep, I like  :D

 

GC is Guilty Crown :D But now that Valvrave pulled a GC, we can refer to stuff as pulling a Valvrave as well! :gs1000smile:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Super messed up. Don't even know where to start.

 

Subs ftw!

 


Did not make it through the whole Nobunaga episode.
Really not my cup of tea.
:confused_face:

I'll give it a try, I think I may like it

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post
 

I heard a few people compare Nobunaga the Fool to Horizon...I nearly threw up.

Horizon, did you like that show? Many said that it was mainly for those that read the manga or LN(forgot which) which was why it was so confusing

post #99927 of 152004
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

GC is Guilty Crown :D But now that Valvrave pulled a GC, we can refer to stuff as pulling a Valvrave as well! :gs1000smile:

 

 

Oh I see. At least GC has excellent art design whereas Valvrave is just meh on the art. I'll just make an exception for the mechas though.

 

I will now try Noragami. What do you think of that anime?

post #99928 of 152004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

It was good. Better than expected, but nothing mindblowing.
Unlike Space Dandy....



First episode of Nobunaga the Fool is out....hmmm not sure if I should give it a try. It sounds really meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post
 

 

nope, sounds like you got some sort of bias lol

actually yeah, not so excited about it now :l

 

Feels like it's going to pull a seed.

 

No meng, I ain't got no bias. Just've been looking for something to watch that's mecha for a long time. 


Edited by MrViolin - 1/5/14 at 3:14pm
post #99929 of 152004
Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexBlast View Post
 

 

Oh I see. At least GC has excellent art design whereas Valvrave is just meh on the art. I'll just make an exception for the mechas though.

 

I will now try Noragami. What do you think of that anime?

On the imperial scale. 5.2/10 (where 5 is the average aggregate of all anime, on someone's normal chart, this is a 7.2/10)

 

It's slightly, just very slightly above anime. Read the description and you should know what the anime is going to basically be like. It's one of those, two partner fighting demon anime.

 

However it had pretty good flow throughout the episode. It is serious 60% of time and funny(or trying to be) the other 40%. IT has enough of a serious bone in it from what I can see right now to keep me interested( I really don't like action trying to be comedic). 

 

Very similar in feel to Sankarea + some generic duo fighting monster anime =Noragami

post #99930 of 152004
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

On the imperial scale. 5.2/10 (where 5 is the average aggregate of all anime, on someone's normal chart, this is a 7.2/10)

 

It's slightly, just very slightly above anime. Read the description and you should know what the anime is going to basically be like. It's one of those, two partner fighting demon anime.

 

However it had pretty good flow throughout the episode. It is serious 60% of time and funny(or trying to be) the other 40%. IT has enough of a serious bone in it from what I can see right now to keep me interested( I really don't like action trying to be comedic). 

 

Very similar in feel to Sankarea + some generic duo fighting monster anime =Noragami

 

It is very well animated that's for sure.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge