Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6608

post #99106 of 125314
http://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/1ty4mq/my_sister_want_an_easy_multiplayer_and_cheapfree/

Half the thread cant read.

OP doesnt like TF2 and sets criteria.

Top comments are on TF2 being God of FPS and other recommendations dont fit criteria (Planetside 2)

..........
post #99107 of 125314

Shinsekai Yori was one of those anime I was glad I motored through. I just took everything at face value though since my ADHD didn't really let me ponder on the other details and metaphors before I got derailed. I really love how Shinsekai showed humanity's impact on the world as it really expresses how we're completely ignorant to how we directly impact the world as we live out our lives. As for the meerkat/human situation in it could be interpreted in so many ways I don't even want to get started with that discussion. 

post #99108 of 125314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post

Oh sh.it, Schumacher had a skiing accident. What's worse, he's in a bad condition - his head injury looked minor, but turned out worse. Luckily, the doctors were prepared for such thing and were able to spot it fairly early. Still, they had to get a specialist neurosurgeon from Paris for that.


:-/

We have a saying here in Germany: "Sport ist Mord."
Go figure.

This has to be some act of divine Karma balance or something.
He never had a serious accident throughout his whole racing carrier so....

post #99109 of 125314
Yes! Project M 3.0's mod for Super Smash Brother's Brawl. I got it running on my Wii U with a USB drive since my original Smash Bros. Brawl disc is scratched, rendering some playable characters unplayable. It turns out that my hard drive does have to be powered with a Y-split cable. Luckily the hard drive came with such a cable and I can just plug the extra power part of the Y-split cable into the Wii U's unused port right under the main one for USB game loader hard drives.





I got the process down on video...now to put it together. >.>
post #99110 of 125314
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Yes! Project M 3.0's mod for Super Smash Brother's Brawl. I got it running on my Wii U with a USB drive since my original Smash Bros. Brawl disc is scratched, rendering some playable characters unplayable. It turns out that my hard drive does have to be powered with a Y-split cable. Luckily the hard drive came with such a cable and I can just plug the extra power part of the Y-split cable into the Wii U's unused port right under the main one for USB game loader hard drives.





I got the process down on video...now to put it together. >.>


Oh yes, please load that video up so I might finally understand what ungodly things you did to your poor consol.



I'm baffled.
There is not a single real Yakuza focused anime out there!
Is the Japanese government banning them or what?
Super weird.

post #99111 of 125314

Has anyone watched NANA? I've been meaning to pick it up because of Golden Time

post #99112 of 125314
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/1ty4mq/my_sister_want_an_easy_multiplayer_and_cheapfree/

Half the thread cant read.

OP doesnt like TF2 and sets criteria.

Top comments are on TF2 being God of FPS and other recommendations dont fit criteria (Planetside 2)

..........
TF2 is as cheap and easy as you can get really.
Computer Science: Go would be my second alternative (or Computer Science: Source). That's pretty much mah high school game for PC.
post #99113 of 125314
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post



Steins GAte realism pic



What is the verdict, do you guys like or no like?

She looks very European/Western in this one though

I thought Kurisu is supposed to look slightly Western, since I assume that she's a mixed race. But either way that looks awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


Nope, I care about tension, characters, plot, and art mainly.
Tension is really high here, which is good. Characters are good, but perhaps slightly on the boring side; definitely not shallow though.
Art is top notch. Seriously, it's the best I've seen in a long while.
Plot is complex, yet without any apparent large plotholes. Produces quite a bit of tension, and is so far not that predictable. I was able to predict a few things, but not as much as usual.

Considering that tilpo is like my smarter more capable doppelganger, I have to agree here. Especially the art. I still don't get what's the "cancer" in the art is. What I feel like is that too much of you guys that complains on getting eye cancer seems to be too used to uguu diabetes art :P But really the art direction is the best part. Note I say direction; much like how the art direction SHAFT usually does gives me boners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Finished watching Shinsekai Yori.

It was excellent. Then ending was good as well. Like any show it wasn't perfect, but I'd honestly put it in the highest tier of stuff I've watched.
It's a solid 10/10. It moved me, it amused me, and it kept me at the edge of my chair for the majority of the sitting.

The characters had no particular annoying traits, seemed realistic, and the major characters had deep personality traits. Like any good show (imo) the villains turn out to have a perfectly solid reasoning for their actions, and I was able to emphasize with them quite well.

The plot was set in a post-apocalyptic dystopia, which always needs some good justification of how the situation came into being. They did this well without hindering the plot, or seeming unrealistic (i.e. giving room for huge plot holes)

The art was top notch. They eyes were a bit too diabetic, but it didn't really bother me at all.

The plot was good. It had a clear and constant pace and covered a lot of ground; it was paced perfectly for a 25 episode anime, a lot of stuff happened but the pace wasn't so high that too much detail was lost or confusion was caused. The beginning may have been a bit slow on the other hand.
It had some interesting themes, and caused a good amount of tension. Unfortunately, some of the tension was horror-like (i.e. like the one you feel in horror movies), which to me always feels a bit forced; kinda annoys me when watching it, but it was only prevalent for 2-3 episodes.
The ending was good too. I wasn't really left with any burning questions, and there was no Deus Ex going on either.

But I kind of remembered something that seems like a plothole from earlier in the show, but I can't remember what. Maybe I should put this under "marathon rewatch" list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

Just finished re-watching Toradora; always a good one

This too. My first not sucky, cave-my-brain-in harem that I actually can like. Oddly enough (maybe predictable) all other SoL romcom harem anime after that is just sht.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkong View Post

Shinsekai Yori was one of those anime I was glad I motored through. I just took everything at face value though since my ADHD didn't really let me ponder on the other details and metaphors before I got derailed. I really love how Shinsekai showed humanity's impact on the world as it really expresses how we're completely ignorant to how we directly impact the world as we live out our lives. As for the meerkat/human situation in it could be interpreted in so many ways I don't even want to get started with that discussion. 

Even if you didn't stop and think of metaphors, the show does its job very well to provide tension and interest without it. That goes to show how good it is actually in storytelling.
GuP marathon going well last night, burned through 5 episodes until my eyes feel swollen in bed lolollolololololo.
post #99114 of 125314
Woah, Caustic 3 is free? That's odd, considering the features that you described @Accoun. I expected to pay for it.
post #99115 of 125314
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Woah, Caustic 3 is free? That's odd, considering the features that you described @Accoun. I expected to pay for it.

The base is. You pay for ability to save and export.
You can try out everything else, though. Nothing else is locked.
post #99116 of 125314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post


The base is. You pay for ability to save and export.
You can try out everything else, though. Nothing else is locked.

LOL that's like saying.... reason (by propellerhead) is free.

post #99117 of 125314
I'm not saying it is. Jgray asked if it is, I told how it looks.

(and it's better than other mobile DAWs, at least the big ones. AFAIK both Cubasis on iOS and FL Studio Mobile cost premium and don't allow to try before buying in any way)
post #99118 of 125314
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post


I thought Kurisu is supposed to look slightly Western, since I assume that she's a mixed race. But either way that looks awesome.
Considering that tilpo is like my smarter more capable doppelganger, I have to agree here. Especially the art. I still don't get what's the "cancer" in the art is. What I feel like is that too much of you guys that complains on getting eye cancer seems to be too used to uguu diabetes art :P But really the art direction is the best part. Note I say direction; much like how the art direction SHAFT usually does gives me boners.
But I kind of remembered something that seems like a plothole from earlier in the show, but I can't remember what. Maybe I should put this under "marathon rewatch" list.
This too. My first not sucky, cave-my-brain-in harem that I actually can like. Oddly enough (maybe predictable) all other SoL romcom harem anime after that is just sht.
Even if you didn't stop and think of metaphors, the show does its job very well to provide tension and interest without it. That goes to show how good it is actually in storytelling.
GuP marathon going well last night, burned through 5 episodes until my eyes feel swollen in bed lolollolololololo.

I know she is a mix...but that slutty look...gosh

post #99119 of 125314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Woah, Caustic 3 is free? That's odd, considering the features that you described @Accoun. I expected to pay for it.

The base is. You pay for ability to save and export.
You can try out everything else, though. Nothing else is locked.

That I feel is actually the best way to sell your software. It's like the demos of yore, which has fallen out of favour in recent times from what I can see.
post #99120 of 125314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post

I'm not saying it is. Jgray asked if it is, I told how it looks.

(and it's better than other mobile DAWs, at least the big ones. AFAIK both Cubasis on iOS and FL Studio Mobile cost premium and don't allow to try before buying in any way)

True true.
What do you usually do on a mobile DAW anyway?
Personally I find it annoying to use even a single-screen PC let alone a mobile...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge