Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6605

post #99061 of 134863


Steins GAte realism pic

 

What is the verdict, do you guys like or no like?

 

She looks very European/Western in this one though


Edited by bowei006 - 12/29/13 at 10:17am
post #99062 of 134863
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

 

 

What is the verdict, do you guys like or no like?

 

She looks very European/Western in this one though

 

I like it, but it almost gives me the creeps.

post #99063 of 134863
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post
 

 

I like it, but it almost gives me the creeps.

Yeah the face she is making does..

post #99064 of 134863

Found out Caustic updated to version 3. (in case you don't know, it's a musicmaking app. Not sure if it's on iOS as well, I only use Android)

 

What they added? Aside from some UI redesigns and some new effects:

- A chip synth

- A pad synth

- An organ synth

- An FM synth

- A fuc.king modular synth (!)

 

Sure, they are probably pretty simple, compared to normal computer software. But on phone/tablet?

 

And let's not forget what it had in previous versions: A drum machine, a 303 clone, a sample-based synth (which can act as a soundfont player) and a substractive synth.

So yeah, it's pretty damn well-featured.

 

 

 

post #99065 of 134863

Warata

 

NSFW possibly. Hilarious crossplaying.

 

http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm22277010

post #99066 of 134863
Just watched ep 21 of Shinsekai Yori. Definitely not going the way I initially expected it.
It's getting pretty morbid and complicated right now.
post #99067 of 134863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Just watched ep 21 of Shinsekai Yori. Definitely not going the way I initially expected it.
It's getting pretty morbid and complicated right now.

Yeah, it is quite a good show. I still get eye cancer during the early episodes though -_-

post #99068 of 134863

Anyone still watching Strike the Blood? I should have dropped it long ago, but I'm still hanging on because of Kojou's harem (º﹃º). Damn nice collection, probably the only one where I like all the girls.

post #99069 of 134863

Didn't even start that show lol :D

post #99070 of 134863
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Steins GAte realism pic

 

What is the verdict, do you guys like or no like?

 

She looks very European/Western in this one though

Hmmmmmmmmm. Not sure what to think of it.
I mean, it looks super good but is this really the Kurisu we all know and love?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Just watched ep 21 of Shinsekai Yori. Definitely not going the way I initially expected it.
It's getting pretty morbid and complicated right now.

Wasn't it morbid and complicated the whole time?
 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The whole part with the rat-person queen (before and after her enslavement) freaked me out.
Just one example.
Lots and lots of pretty extreme scenes in this anime.
post #99071 of 134863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Hmmmmmmmmm. Not sure what to think of it.
I mean, it looks super good but is this really the Kurisu we all know and love?

 

Wasn't it morbid and complicated the whole time?
 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The whole part with the rat-person queen (before and after her enslavement) freaked me out.
Just one example.
Lots and lots of pretty extreme scenes in this anime.

Yeah tha'ts what probably alienates most people from that pic. That it isn't KURISU that we all know and love :D

 

I especially loved how SSY

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Uses the Meerkats themselves to be a theme/metaphor for humans. This was such a big awesomeo moment when I realized what they did. That they 'faked' us into thinking the psychic humans we see in SSY were represenative of us. When in reality, their toying with, interactions with the meerkats along with the actions of the meerkats were in itself a pronuciation of human kind and human history
post #99072 of 134863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Wasn't it morbid and complicated the whole time?

  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The whole part with the rat-person queen (before and after her enslavement) freaked me out.

Just one example.

Lots and lots of pretty extreme scenes in this anime.

Yep but Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Once the ogre girl came in and the assualt on the human village(s) it reached an entirely different level.
post #99073 of 134863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


Yep but Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Once the ogre girl came in and the assualt on the human village(s) it reached an entirely different level.

Almost forgot about that....gave me the creeps.


What to do, what to do....
I still want to know how Persona 4 ends but I can't decide whether I should sit through the last twelve episodes of the mediocre anime or just go and read a summary somewhere :/

post #99074 of 134863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


Yep but Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Once the ogre girl came in and the assualt on the human village(s) it reached an entirely different level.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think that that was also a metaphor in itself. The meerkat(represented as humans) usage of the Gods 'weapons' or tool against the gods.

Because before the rebellion, we see the Meerkats evolving. Evolving from fiefdom towards the gods to building up modern structure. They overthrew their monarchs, set up democratic representation, and also well structured familial systems. We then see them evolving in weaponry, and armor, along with the ability to built architecture and buildings. 

And thus just like human history. At some point then, the meerkats then rebell to free themselves fromt he idea of a 'god' using gods weapons. This is a metaphor for modern weaponry and indepdence. Ancient civilizations saw thunder as a god. They saw nature as a place as a possible God. There are various ideas of what a God was in our human ancient civilization. But look at today. Human kind is dominating over the natural world. Human kind with its nuclear weaponry sets forests in flames, and takes the lives of those in its path.

 

You can read the above spoiler. There is no ending spoilers in it.

 

But yeah, its metaphors like this that allow me to look past the eye cancer and go. Wow.

post #99075 of 134863
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think that that was also a metaphor in itself. The meerkat(represented as humans) usage of the Gods 'weapons' or tool against the gods.


Because before the rebellion, we see the Meerkats evolving. Evolving from fiefdom towards the gods to building up modern structure. They overthrew their monarchs, set up democratic representation, and also well structured familial systems. We then see them evolving in weaponry, and armor, along with the ability to built architecture and buildings. 


And thus just like human history. At some point then, the meerkats then rebell to free themselves fromt he idea of a 'god' using gods weapons. This is a metaphor for modern weaponry and indepdence. Ancient civilizations saw thunder as a god. They saw nature as a place as a possible God. There are various ideas of what a God was in our human ancient civilization. But look at today. Human kind is dominating over the natural world. Human kind with its nuclear weaponry sets forests in flames, and takes the lives of those in its path.

You can read the above spoiler. There is no ending spoilers in it.

But yeah, its metaphors like this that allow me to look past the eye cancer and go. Wow.

Aren't they meant to be naked molerats? They do look like it.
Plus, they even said in the anime that instead of naked molerats it would have been better if humans experimented with meerkats because they look less ugly (or something along the lines of that).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge