Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6513

post #97681 of 154074
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post


Virtual Box? Dropbox?

i mean from some game.... it looks so familiar to some splash screen i have seen hundreds of times but i can't remember what it is from....

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Holy sheet. Magcargo... o.0

O_O

post #97682 of 154074
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Well I own the first generation aluminum unibody MacBook, before they labeled it "Pro" and the first generation Retina Display MacBook Pro. The design of the non-Retina Display ones hasn't changed...like at all over the 4 years they had it before the Retina Display update came along. XD


Anywho, if you have access to an Apple Store, you can go ahead and try to browse the Web on Safari. From my experience, the 13-inch model tends to feel sluggish next to the 15-inch one with the dedicated graphics card. I was going to get the 13-inch Retina Display since my 2008 MacBook was a 13-incher as well, but it just felt slow compared to the 15-inch one, not to mention getting hot when running the Apple Store animation/demo/"wallpaper" thing which is really really lame.
My 15 in tends to run really hot, for basic browsing and streaming. Is that normal?
Mine runs hot with Adobe Crash Player and playing games. Other than that, it doesn't really get hot unless it's in the sun or the brightness is high. Oh, or when running the crap iMovie '11.
Edited by miceblue - 12/16/13 at 11:55pm
post #97683 of 154074
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Mehh, Bebop later...

 

Why not get the ipad mini with reteyenuh display? It's pretty much the same thing as the Air except smaller and $100 less.

Too small for taking notes :3. And the color reproduction isn't as good.

 

 

I'm really tempted to go and put my entire anime collection on the iPad though. 128 gb of anime sounds fun to play with :3

Lol, fair enough. I'm impressed by the Air for sure, just too poor to go out and spend another $750 on another 64GB model.

 

Meh, 128GB is way overkill, unless you plan to go overseas for months and not have access to an internet for months. Not only that, but it's still not powerful enough to play 1080p 10 bit anime files, which is totally lame.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 

Yay~! :D

 

Wait what? As Michelle noted, that's the older fatter MBP, is it not?

post #97684 of 154074

Seems like it won't kill me after all.

Cooking breakfast after being awake for over 20 hours is just odd.
post #97685 of 154074
Speaking of cooking...

Holy schiit molecular gastronomy for the total win!


I totally made sodium alginate beads in one of my bioengineering lab classes since they can be used to model a drug release from those softgel capsule pills.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/adv.21276/abstract;jsessionid=BDC915A94072BE230B6002DB817C10A0


Wah, they have a molecular gastronomy restaurant in Japan.


Or Washington D.C.

Edited by miceblue - 12/17/13 at 12:26am
post #97686 of 154074
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Wait what? As Michelle noted, that's the older fatter MBP, is it not?

It's a MBP, just MBP. Period. lol

post #97687 of 154074
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Speaking of cooking...

Holy schiit molecular gastronomy for the total win!


I totally made sodium alginate beads in one of my bioengineering lab classes since they can be used to model a drug release from those softgel capsule pills.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/adv.21276/abstract;jsessionid=BDC915A94072BE230B6002DB817C10A0


Wah, they have a molecular gastronomy restaurant in Japan.
 

Wow, you took that photo?

 

Must be a nice camera.

post #97688 of 154074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post


Seems like it won't kill me after all.

Cooking breakfast after being awake for over 20 hours is just odd.

Mmm, that looks pretty good!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Wait what? As Michelle noted, that's the older fatter MBP, is it not?

It's a MBP, just MBP. Period. lol

Didn't you already have a MBP though?

post #97689 of 154074
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Mmm, that looks pretty good!

 

Didn't you already have a MBP though?

He's trying for the harem route!

post #97690 of 154074
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post


Wow, you took that photo?

Must be a nice camera.
It's nothing too fancy. I took the photo with a Nikon Coolpix S6000, which was on sale for around $150 when I got it ~4 years ago. It's a discontinued model now. >.>
http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-S6000-Vibration-Reduction-Silver/dp/B0034XKECE
post #97691 of 154074
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

 

Didn't you already have a MBP though?


Well, It's dying (randomly shuts down and crashes) and it doesn't have USB3.0 which makes it pretty annoying to transfer large files.

post #97692 of 154074
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 


Well, It's dying (randomly shuts down and crashes) and it doesn't have USB3.0 which makes it pretty annoying to transfer large files.

Pretty annoying....poor you has to use USB 2.0 like 90% of the worlds population.

post #97693 of 154074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Pretty annoying....poor you has to use USB 2.0 like 90% of the worlds population.

Not anymore~! :D

But seriously.. once you get that 200+MB/s USB3.0 thumbdrive or ext. HDD.... using 2.0 again is pretty annoying indeed.
Imagine having to use those airplane headsets when you're used to whatever audiophile headphone you're using now.

post #97694 of 154074
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 

Not anymore~! :D

But seriously.. once you get that 200+MB/s USB3.0 thumbdrive or ext. HDD.... using 2.0 again is pretty annoying indeed.
Imagine having to use those airplane headsets when you're used to whatever audiophile headphone you're using now.


I know what you mean :3


This is awesome, you people should listen to it:
 

Woah, I did not notice that this video has over 3.6 million views!
Does that mean there is still hope for humankind?!


Edited by Tom Yum Goong - 12/17/13 at 2:29am
post #97695 of 154074

Most people don't put those ports to any use

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge