or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6381

post #95701 of 157375
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Fuuuuuu....I hate multi-stranded wires like the ones used in pretty much all battery clips.

frown.gif

Yes, but single strand wire is less pliable and still likely to fall off like that after a while.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post
 

^ I'm listening to that right now; friggin amazing!

 

For some reason, it reminds me of:

 

 

Ah my childhood. XD

Lmao, I read the title as breast wars in my probably still somewhat asleep state... >_<

 

oh gosh, looks like I have to watch WA2 when I get home. I stayed up last night catching up on monogatari SS, which as usual was freaking glorious!

post #95702 of 157375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

University Website?

It's more credible in seeing that you are a University student maybe. 

How come?
I have a @uu.nl email address. Everyone at least here in the Netherlands should know that means Utrecht University.
Why would something like @uu.edu be more credible? Sure it has a fancy '.edu', but it distinguishes education as something special, which is something to which I object. Then again I don't really care either. I'll just find it stupid, but not for any particularly good reason.

Basically, having a .edu address in the states is the easiest way for companies to verify that you are a student so that they can give you discounts on stuff.


Edited by mechgamer123 - 11/23/13 at 2:39pm
post #95703 of 157375

Yay CleverBot...

post #95704 of 157375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


How come?
I have a @uu.nl email address. Everyone at least here in the Netherlands should know that means Utrecht University.
Why would something like @uu.edu be more credible? Sure it has a fancy '.edu', but it distinguishes education as something special, which is something to which I object. Then again I don't really care either. I'll just find it stupid, but not for any particularly good reason.

Oh I see what you mean now by that.

 

It's for the reason that Eve wants the edu address. It's easier for companies to see the edu than to record every single educational address I guess

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post
 

Yay CleverBot...

 

That was quite amusing

post #95705 of 157375

I know, you people don't like Metal, but I will post this video here anyway.
It is by my second favorite Band ever, Alcest.
You might be a bit surprised ;)

(Spoiler: No screaming dudes involved)

post #95706 of 157375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

I have a @uu.nl email address.

 

I know I haven't seen much, but I have never really seen a school that doesn't use an .edu address (or with regional variation, like @uu.edu.nl)

post #95707 of 157375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


Never understood the whole .edu thing.
Here we just use the university's website. I don't see why using .edu makes it look any more distinguished or credible.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Basically, having a .edu address in the states is the easiest way for companies to verify that you are a student so that they can give you discounts on stuff.

Though to be honest, most companies don't check if you're a student or not. They don't care. If the small discount is enough incentive to get you to buy a more expensive product, they'll still benefit. 

 

It was a bit surprising when I ordered a Macbook from Apple yesturday. I went into their education store and they didn't ask for any identification, email whatsoever. I clicked in, bought, and they shipped it out. :)

 

I'll be returning that one too though, since it is still cheaper with Best Buy's sale.

post #95708 of 157375
Does anyone have any personal experience with fixing dead pixel rows on LCD computer monitors? I tried some stuff I read online like massaging it and that hasnt helped.



Sorry for bad pic, phone picture + lightbulb in my room is dead
post #95709 of 157375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdumper View Post

Does anyone have any personal experience with fixing dead pixel rows on LCD computer monitors? I tried some stuff I read online like massaging it and that hasnt helped.



Sorry for bad pic, phone picture + lightbulb in my room is dead
Hit it with a baseball bat. Not even joking.
Welp, I returned from the M$ store with a tablet that can play Anime like I want :3
post #95710 of 157375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdumper View Post

Does anyone have any personal experience with fixing dead pixel rows on LCD computer monitors? I tried some stuff I read online like massaging it and that hasnt helped.



Sorry for bad pic, phone picture + lightbulb in my room is dead

Sadly, it's time for a new panel.

post #95711 of 157375
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Yay CleverBot...


I do believe this bot has just passed the Turing test for being a troll... tongue.gif
post #95712 of 157375

Cant wait! :D

hope it's worth the delay......

 

post #95713 of 157375
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 

Cant wait! :D

hope it's worth the delay......

 

It better be!

 

We have all waited for it uncensored goodnes!!! WOOT!

post #95714 of 157375

It's times like these that anime truly flourish

 

I don't have 95% of my tech and am armed with a Mac, phone, mouse and DAP. What do I do?

 

About to start watching some Gundam classics. Starting off with the non classic Gundam Seed Stargazer before I move into the original Mobile Suit Gundam

post #95715 of 157375

@koimonogatari 1

 

OMG here I was thinking what happened at the end of otorimonogatari....
Cant wait for next ep!!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge