Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6363

post #95431 of 156128
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Oh, really? Nice! :D


Hmm, just found measurements for a lot of the basic STAX on some Russian audio site.

SR-202:

 

SR-303:

 

SR-404:

 

SR-507:

 

Is it me, or does the SR-2050 system (AKA the 202) look to have the best bass extension of the whole bunch?

I'd say these decently correlate with what I'm hearing on my Stax. Except not. Everything just sounds better on Stax than all the other gear I have! :D

By best are you referring to neutral bass extension or bass extension depth? 202 has hardly any bass extension depth compared to a 404/303 but is more neutral one way or another.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Not to mention I'd probably have to buy a new PSU to handle CrossFire...

So AMD's GPUs finally got their **** together and do as well as Nvidia's cards for photerchopping and doing graphics intensive work?

A good 550-600watt is all you need for Crossfire or SLi. 

post #95432 of 156128
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

What? BF4 doesn't need anywhere near 6GB to run stable, the fact that DICE produced a half arsed port, collaborating with ATI and messing it up for non-ATI users says otherwise. They should've made BF4 a DLC to BF3 as far as I'm concerned. 

Well, okay. Let's say it needs that much RAM because Dice screwed PC users over. I searched everywhere for a solution to my stupid freezing/crashing issue and I'm totally not the only one who has it.
From what I read, there seem to be more people with 4gigs of RAM who have this problem than people with 6GB.
Might just be a weird coincidence though.
post #95433 of 156128
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Not to mention I'd probably have to buy a new PSU to handle CrossFire...

So AMD's GPUs finally got their **** together and do as well as Nvidia's cards for photerchopping and doing graphics intensive work?

? AMD's GPU's have been competing very well.

 

The past few months, they weren't too too awesome in terms of price, but as of right now. The massive price drops are just too good to pass up

 

$129.99 for a MSI Twin Fan AMD 7870 GHz Edition that has the same performance as the new (but rebranded) AMD R9 270(near direct rebrand of the 7870) which is at least $200 right now?

 

And you are telling me that CrossfireX AMD 7870 GHz Editions are 92% of the performance of the AMD R9 290? all for about $280?

 

I'M SWOOOOOOOONING.

 

Yep, possible stutter, Vram Mirroring, dual GPU problems, etc etc blah blah blah are the slight cons though

post #95434 of 156128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post


Well, okay. Let's say it needs that much RAM because Dice screwed PC users over. I searched everywhere for a solution to my stupid freezing/crashing issue and I'm totally not the only one who has it.
From what I read, there seem to be more people with 4gigs of RAM who have this problem than people with 6GB.
Might just be a weird coincidence though.

 

As I said RAM is irrelevant I have 48Gigs of Mushkin ram in my system and BF4 is choppy as fk on my system, poor porting from Dice/EA and runs good on ATi cards.

post #95435 of 156128
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Hmm, just found measurements for a lot of the basic STAX on some Russian audio site.
SR-202:



SR-303:



SR-404:


I'd say these decently correlate with what I'm hearing on my Stax. Except not. Everything just sounds better on Stax than all the other gear I have! biggrin.gif
202 has hardly any bass extension depth compared to a 404/303
Uh, no?
Edited by miceblue - 11/21/13 at 12:12am
post #95436 of 156128
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Ooh, nice!

Any nice monitors/keyboards/mice?

 

Eh, depends on what you're doing. If you're a multitasking mofo like me, then 8+ is nice, but if you only run one or two programs at a time, 4GB is plenty.

 

Sure, might as well give it a shot. Do it quick though. ;)

Yeah, any mechy boards, etc.

 

16GB+ is nice. I'd like to get another 16GB, but with DDR3 nearing the end of it's life, I'll wait until my next full system overhaul. Mudbox, MAX, Cinema 4D, Photoshop...they all eat memory like a rabbit in the vegetable patch.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post
 

Honestly, anything past 4GB of RAM at this present moment is overkill for a gaming rig. The lion's share of games right now are 32-bit, which means they cannot use more than 3GB of RAM, no matter what. This is going to change right around the corner, but even still, I doubt I will ever need more than the 8GB of RAM I have for the foreseeable future.

Mods are the biggest reason for having more than 4GB or RAM. Skyrim, with all the mods on mine eats up ~6.5GB minimum.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Lol, that's basically how I feel about it too... It's just so bizarre, one can not fully explain the series to someone. 

 

The problem is that RAM is expensive now though mang!

(About $10 of that promo code was on the RAM. :tongue:)

$65 for 16GB of RAM is cheap. Not compared to last year, but it's not too bad. Mind you, I remember my 16GB 1866 kit costing £40.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post


Went ahead and tried making resin molds of my ear impressions... Wow. Fail.
My silicone negative had a rip and the resin just burst outta there loool. Well, it's kind of just for fun anyway but thats gonna be one hell of a cleanup to do. That contained is done for too.

(Yup, poured air-dry resin cause thats all that is accessible)

Well, it's worth a go right? 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Not to mention I'd probably have to buy a new PSU to handle CrossFire...

So AMD's GPUs finally got their **** together and do as well as Nvidia's cards for photerchopping and doing graphics intensive work?

AMD consumer GPUs are better than Nvidia for many graphics tasks. Nvidia tend to pull away with pro cards, just because Nvidia's drivers are that little bit better.

 

Also, dual GTX 780ti ftw.


Edited by Tangster - 11/21/13 at 12:13am
post #95437 of 156128
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Oh, really? Nice! :D


Hmm, just found measurements for a lot of the basic STAX on some Russian audio site.

SR-202:

 

 

SR-303:

 

 

SR-404:

 

 

SR-507:

 

 

Is it me, or does the SR-2050 system (AKA the 202) look to have the best bass extension of the whole bunch?

I'd say these decently correlate with what I'm hearing on my Stax. Except not. Everything just sounds better on Stax than all the other gear I have! :D

By best are you referring to neutral bass extension or bass extension depth? 202 has hardly any bass extension depth compared to a 404/303 but is more neutral one way or another.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Not to mention I'd probably have to buy a new PSU to handle CrossFire...

So AMD's GPUs finally got their **** together and do as well as Nvidia's cards for photerchopping and doing graphics intensive work?

A good 550-600watt is all you need for Crossfire or SLi. 

The 202 hits 0 on that graph at about 40hz. For the 303, it's around 60, 404 around 55, and the 507 at 50. That's what I'm talking about. What do you mean by bass extension depth?

 

Yeah, but I only have one PCI-E power connector on my PSU...

post #95438 of 156128
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

As I said RAM is irrelevant I have 48Gigs of Mushkin ram in my system and BF4 is choppy as fk on my system, poor porting from Dice/EA and runs good on ATi cards.

48GB? That is mental.
It runs pretty okay on my old machine. On medium settings of course, because my PC is, well, old ;-)
I already played like 20 hours and I'm having a lot of fun with this game!
But these stupid random crashes are beyond annoying.

Btw, is overheating RAM a big problem?
My motherboard has 4 slots and I plan to use all of them. I don't have a fan pointing at it or any similar means to cool it. Am I in for some trouble?
post #95439 of 156128
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post


Uh, no?

Uh yes? I own both and have heard or owned every Lambda model one stage or another. Suffice to say those measurements don't mean anything because we don't know the equipment, age of the pair headphones tested (i.e earpads and seal). Anyone who has heard/owned both the 202, 303/404 can easily tell the latter has more bass extension. The 202 is flat in comparison.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

The 202 hits 0 on that graph at about 40hz. For the 303, it's around 60, 404 around 55, and the 507 at 50. That's what I'm talking about. What do you mean by bass extension depth?

 

Yeah, but I only have one PCI-E power connector on my PSU...

Read my post above.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post


48GB? That is mental.
It runs pretty okay on my old machine. On medium settings of course, because my PC is, well, old ;-)
I already played like 20 hours and I'm having a lot of fun with this game!
But these stupid random crashes are beyond annoying.

Btw, is overheating RAM a big problem?
My motherboard has 4 slots and I plan to use all of them. I don't have a fan pointing at it or any similar means to cool it. Am I in for some trouble?

48GB is nothing, my previous 2011 setup had 64gb. I run alot of VM's.

post #95440 of 156128
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

48GB is nothing, my previous 2011 setup had 64gb. I run alot of VM's.

That explaaaaains everything.
But it's still a crazy amount.
I don't even know why anyone would run "a lot of" VMs.
But I'm just studying Computer Science, so how would I know? (^o^)
post #95441 of 156128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post


That explaaaaains everything.
But it's still a crazy amount.
I don't even know why anyone would run "a lot of" VMs.
But I'm just studying Computer Science, so how would I know? (^o^)

 

One of the units that I did at uni that grants you an MS server 2k12 certificate had a super computer with 1TB worth of RAM for virtualisation and VM's, now that's truly insane.

 

To be honest I only use about 30gigs most.

post #95442 of 156128
I have a single 7970 with 16gb of ram and I run bf4 on ultra at 70-80 fps and lowest at 120-150 fps on 1440x900 res... no stuttering ever (minus that island map leveloution) although I do crash sometimes, maybe every 2-3 games. Probably dice's fault, though.
post #95443 of 156128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdumper View Post

I have a single 7970 with 16gb of ram and I run bf4 on ultra at 70-80 fps and lowest at 120-150 fps on 1440x900 res... no stuttering ever (minus that island map leveloution) although I do crash sometimes, maybe every 2-3 games. Probably dice's fault, though.

Almost certainly Dice's fault.
post #95444 of 156128
Quote:
 
72 hour live countdown to major Persona team announcement from Atlus - Live now!
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv153939036

Start the hype! There are even mini-countdowns within the countdown to "events"! Looooool!
post #95445 of 156128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post


Hype!
I bet 5 bucks that they are going to announce volume/part 2 of Persona 4!
Would be a bit weird but it totally looks like that is what is going to happen.
Hype (^o^)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge