Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6349

post #95221 of 117736
Aww yess! Time to learn the new Pokémon!
post #95222 of 117736
So, summary of what I missed last night: 5 new videos posted. Some of which related to anime... >_>
post #95223 of 117736
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

So, summary of what I missed last night: 5 new videos posted. Some of which related to anime... >_>

AAMML at its best! (^o^)
I'll get my new speakers this week!
Finally...I'm getting tired of wearing headphones all day.
post #95224 of 117736

Maths people help!

This came out of a physics question about simple harmonic motion but I haven't learned 2nd order differential equations yet.... :confused_face_2:

 


I need to find x when dx/dt = 0

also find x and dx/dt when t=0

post #95225 of 117736
Girls Und Panzer official game announced (Vita)
Quote:
Due out spring 2014 in Japan, the “dramatic tank action” game will see players will operate tanks and clear missions while playing through a story parallel to the anime scenario.
post #95226 of 117736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post

Girls Und Panzer official game announced (Vita)
Quote:
Due out spring 2014 in Japan, the “dramatic tank action” game will see players will operate tanks and clear missions while playing through a story parallel to the anime scenario.

My singular reason to finally get a Vita, and learn to read Japanese.
post #95227 of 117736
Just started on Kyousougiga (2013). I've got to say it's a pretty unique anime in terms of its art and animation. I find it rather confusing though. After watching episode 2 and I was kinda mind*****ed. I had to watch it a second time before realising the meaning of the episode and getting mindblown. I'll have to brace myself for more mind*****s and mindblows from the other episodes!
post #95228 of 117736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post

Girls Und Panzer official game announced (Vita)
Quote:
Due out spring 2014 in Japan, the “dramatic tank action” game will see players will operate tanks and clear missions while playing through a story parallel to the anime scenario.


Wasn't that out already in the form of World of Tanks? :P

post #95229 of 117736
No, that was just cross-promotion.
post #95230 of 117736

Just learned that "mucha" (unreasonable) is written as "無茶" in kanji.

Incidentally that kanji means "no tea" in Chinese. :D

post #95231 of 117736
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

LOL, ganbare Bowei!!!



Can you math gurus help me with another problem? I think I have the bounds and everything correct, just not the area function to get the average. I get that the double integral of that function (converted to polar) is 6pi(b-a), but I'm not sure what the area would be. I tried using the area of a circle (pi*r^2), making r = b-a with no luck.

I hope this ain't to late.

You can find the average area of a function over a domain D by computing the integral of the function F(x,y) over the domain and dividing the result by the area of the domain.

The domain in this case is a circle of radius b with a hole of radius a in the center. This will give an area of the domain of pi^2(b^2-a^2).

I've got the problem worked out in this pic. (sorry for bad quality)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Maths people help!
This came out of a physics question about simple harmonic motion but I haven't learned 2nd order differential equations yet.... confused_face_2.gif





I need to find x when dx/dt = 0
also find x and dx/dt when t=0

This is a very well known equation and has a really easy way to solve it.

From first law we know that F = m x''(t) (force is mass times acceleration)

The way to solve it is to 'try' solutions that make sense. In this case you'd try sin(w x) and cos(w x) since they both have the property that their second derivative is equal to minus the original function, which works in this case. The rest is just monkey work, but if you need it I gave a sketch of what you need to do in this image:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

If you need more help feel free to hit me up on Skype anytime.
Edited by Tilpo - 11/18/13 at 8:56am
post #95232 of 117736
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Just learned that "mucha" (unreasonable) is written as "無茶" in kanji.
Incidentally that kanji means "no tea" in Chinese. biggrin.gif

Not just Chinese. It could be read that way in Japanese as well.
post #95233 of 117736
Well, the first Japanese kanji I learned was that the Chinese characters for "forcing yourself" (勉强) stands for "to study" in Japanese. I think they are on to something there tongue.gif
post #95234 of 117736
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Just learned that "mucha" (unreasonable) is written as "無茶" in kanji.
Incidentally that kanji means "no tea" in Chinese. biggrin.gif
Wú chá in Mandarin, no? They sound quite similar.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

LOL, ganbare Bowei!!!



Can you math gurus help me with another problem? I think I have the bounds and everything correct, just not the area function to get the average. I get that the double integral of that function (converted to polar) is 6pi(b-a), but I'm not sure what the area would be. I tried using the area of a circle (pi*r^2), making r = b-a with no luck.

I hope this ain't to late.

You can find the average area of a function over a domain D by computing the integral of the function F(x,y) over the domain and dividing the result by the area of the domain.

The domain in this case is a circle of radius b with a hole of radius a in the center. This will give an area of the domain of pi^2(b^2-a^2).

I've got the problem worked out in this pic. (sorry for bad quality)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Maths people help!
This came out of a physics question about simple harmonic motion but I haven't learned 2nd order differential equations yet.... confused_face_2.gif





I need to find x when dx/dt = 0
also find x and dx/dt when t=0

This is a very well known equation and has a really easy way to solve it.

From first law we know that F = m x''(t) (force is mass times acceleration)

The way to solve it is to 'try' solutions that make sense. In this case you'd try sin(w x) and cos(w x) since they both have the property that their second derivative is equal to minus the original function, which works in this case. The rest is just monkey work, but if you need it I gave a sketch of what you need to do in this image:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

If you need more help feel free to hit me up on Skype anytime.
Yeah, this problem is very common (Hooke's Law), but my brain isn't functioning at the moment. >.>
post #95235 of 117736
1025_bb67.jpeg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge