Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6280

post #94186 of 137729

Getting bored with lack of new headphones that catches my eyes, Alpha Dog is great as a portable phone, K812 is good sounding but the whole package is lacking. Meh.

 

Need more wearable nyaa.

post #94187 of 137729
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post
 

I wonder if it's a possible stop instead of Vancouver

We don't want you here too.

post #94188 of 137729
Quote:
Originally Posted by VXAce View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

 

Lol, you could always use a digital volume control in Windows :3

I've been using my onboard sound for so long. :3

It's not thaaaaaat big of a difference, until you get into hifihifi.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Was the DAC in the machine there advertised as a DAC or was it part of somethign else?


If you meant the casing on the lower left corner of the picture, high chances that no, it's not the guts from that piece of gear.

 

In Asia there's a lot of premium priced magazines (i.e. $30 in Lugia's case, no pun intended) that will have a boxed something attached to the magazine issue. Depending on what kind of magazine, it can be a reusable tote, a tool, a fashion accessory, or electrical equipment like that DAC.

 

In otaku/manga/anime/eroge related magazines you can get smaller tapestry, cups, towels and etc. all with special prints on them.

Nope, that would be the Lehmann Black Cube Linear with a crazy 2 gauge power cable.

 

Interesting. I'm thinking I'll be getting a couple of the Dengeki G's magazines at the bookstore; it seems some of them have pretty awesome extras like figurines and pillow covers and such for only 1500 yen or so!

post #94189 of 137729
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Hehe, that would be sweet! That could give me an excuse to go to ze Canada!

And you canz probably crash at my place.

Though my brother did take over the guest room so not sure how that's gonna work :S

 

And Quebec is so out of the way. Unless you're interested in smoked meat, bagels, poutine, French (o.o), jazz festival, formula one, older architecture...

http://www.tourisme-montreal.org/MontrealTV
Take a look at the first segment of the video... it's beautiful... and I can only say "where the heck is that?!" lol

Well, I know where it is. But it's a pretty specific area nonetheless.

post #94190 of 137729

Anyone likes the ED of Outbreak Company and Aoki Hagane? They do seems nice.

post #94191 of 137729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post
 

Getting bored with lack of new headphones that catches my eyes, Alpha Dog is great as a portable phone, K812 is good sounding but the whole package is lacking. Meh.

 

Need more wearable nyaa.

Attach some nekomimi to your ATs then?

post #94192 of 137729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post
 

Getting bored with lack of new headphones that catches my eyes, Alpha Dog is great as a portable phone, K812 is good sounding but the whole package is lacking. Meh.

 

Need more wearable nyaa.

Lolut?

 

I'm still writing up my Alpha Dog impressions.

 

My Intended Use:
From the portable rig, which was what I was originally intending to use the Alpha Dog for, the sound was not too bad. Of course it does not sound as good as the desktop rig (see Objective 2 vs C5 comparisons), but it's still quite passable in terms of sound quality. Now I'm not saying this is a really portable headphone to bring along with you. The cables are thick, non-pliable, hard to manage (the Y-split of the cable reaches my navel), and have lots of cable microphonics (I think the connection from the cable to the earcup wiggles, so you hear all the noise from there); you can see the sides of the earcup when you turn your eyes to the side; the 3.5 mm adaptor sticks out like a sore thumb (unless you use an extended adaptor); and the whole rig is just big and heavy with signs of it being anything but portable. If you consider this a portable headphone, then you're crazy. On the other hand, these headphones are really, really comfortable to wear! Despite its large mass, the earcups have just enough clamping force to stay on my head comfortably and they is plenty of room for my ears.

post #94193 of 137729
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post
 


If you meant the casing on the lower left corner of the picture, high chances that no, it's not the guts from that piece of gear.

 

In Asia there's a lot of premium priced magazines (i.e. $30 in Lugia's case, no pun intended) that will have a boxed something attached to the magazine issue. Depending on what kind of magazine, it can be a reusable tote, a tool, a fashion accessory, or electrical equipment like that DAC.

 

In otaku/manga/anime/eroge related magazines you can get smaller tapestry, cups, towels and etc. all with special prints on them.

 

OOO, I sees. Thanks. What a difference in business culture and marketing around the globe

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post
 

Anyone likes the ED of Outbreak Company and Aoki Hagane? They do seems nice.

Yep they are quite nice!

 

 

post #94194 of 137729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post
 

Anyone likes the ED of Outbreak Company and Aoki Hagane? They do seems nice.

I do, I have it in FLAC. So worth the 25 mbs it takes up.

 

Edit: That is I have the Outbreak one. Not sure if I found the Blue Steel one yet.

 

Edit again: Just kidding, I have both.


Edited by VXAce - 11/3/13 at 9:21pm
post #94195 of 137729
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post
 

After eating a Butterfinger candy, everything just sounds so smooth.

 

On the other hand, if you eat a bag of Skittles, your opinion of a headphone's sound changes since you can't make up your mind about the "flavour" of it.

 

I prefer a Snicker's though because headphones become less power-hungry upon eating one.

Skittles totally colour the sound. Not recommended for consumption while using hi-fi systems.

 

That's not what I meant! Stahp!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VXAce View Post
 

Wow, lucky. I get more promotions for a magazine that's I'm subscribed for the next 5 years. I'd rather get cute things like that. Or in my case, a wrench.

Yeah but they're pretty expensive for each issue. And sometimes the gift is so stupendously worthless for the extra they charge you.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post
 

Getting bored with lack of new headphones that catches my eyes, Alpha Dog is great as a portable phone, K812 is good sounding but the whole package is lacking. Meh.

 

Need more wearable nyaa.

Don't you have those MH334? :3

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post
 

We don't want you here too.

</3

Just cause I live with the separatists?!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Attach some nekomimi to your ATs then?

... need to make those.

post #94196 of 137729
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post
 

Yeah but they're pretty expensive for each issue. And sometimes the gift is so stupendously worthless for the extra they charge you.

 

Sounds useless, they just want to make me more broke. Soundslegit.exe

post #94197 of 137729
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Hehe, that would be sweet! That could give me an excuse to go to ze Canada!

And you canz probably crash at my place.

Though my brother did take over the guest room so not sure how that's gonna work :S

 

And Quebec is so out of the way. Unless you're interested in smoked meat, bagels, poutine, French (o.o), jazz festival, formula one, older architecture...

http://www.tourisme-montreal.org/MontrealTV
Take a look at the first segment of the video... it's beautiful... and I can only say "where the heck is that?!" lol

Well, I know where it is. But it's a pretty specific area nonetheless.

Lolz, that's good to hear. Iono if I wanna go all the way over to the east coast though, that would be quite a spendy flight...

 

Also, what's up with that website having a Gay and Lesbian section under tourism? O.o

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Attach some nekomimi to your ATs then?

... need to make those.

Lol.

post #94198 of 137729
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

My Intended Use:

From the portable rig, which was what I was originally intending to use the Alpha Dog for, the sound was not too bad. Of course it does not sound as good as the desktop rig (see Objective 2 vs C5 comparisons), but it's still quite passable in terms of sound quality. Now I'm not saying this is a really portable headphone to bring along with you. The cables are thick, non-pliable, hard to manage (the Y-split of the cable reaches my navel), and have lots of cable microphonics (I think the connection from the cable to the earcup wiggles, so you hear all the noise from there); you can see the sides of the earcup when you turn your eyes to the side; the 3.5 mm adaptor sticks out like a sore thumb (unless you use an extended adaptor); and the whole rig is just big and heavy with signs of it being anything but portable. If you consider this a portable headphone, then you're crazy. On the other hand, these headphones are really, really comfortable to wear! Despite its large mass, the earcups have just enough clamping force to stay on my head comfortably and they is plenty of room for my ears.

You must have amazing peripheral vision (fish? lizard? your choice) but truth be told, a lot of full sized headphones on the market are like that as well. And models that people wear out in the public/models that are popular with non-audiophiles. Though most of those aren't as heavy as planar magnetics.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

 

OOO, I sees. Thanks. What a difference in business culture and marketing around the globe

Use your school's contacts and deploy the same sort in North America :D

I'm sure those already exist but I think in the West they are more generally associated with premium magazines you sign subscriptions with. The ones I am talking about can be easily found in book stores. Maybe not so much in small, family owned ones but you get the idea.

post #94199 of 137729
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Lolz, that's good to hear. Iono if I wanna go all the way over to the east coast though, that would be quite a spendy flight...

 

Also, what's up with that website having a Gay and Lesbian section under tourism? O.o

 

Lol.

Oh. I totally forgot about this...

but Montreal also has a sector that's practically all gays & lesbians.

Something about the world biggest gay parade or something of the sort also happens here.

So I guess they want to cater to those kind of people too, as a 'hey, you're welcomed in Montreal!' kind of thing I guess.

post #94200 of 137729
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post
 

 

Use your school's contacts and deploy the same sort in North America :D

I'm sure those already exist but I think in the West they are more generally associated with premium magazines you sign subscriptions with. The ones I am talking about can be easily found in book stores. Maybe not so much in small, family owned ones but you get the idea.

 

Any business ideas done using the school's resources requires/entitles them to have a 'part' of your company or idea.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge