Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6279

post #94171 of 132567
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post
 


You didn't update the photos. :D

lol what;s in that green thing?

Just a bunch of candy from Halloween.

Skittles, taste the rainbow.

Hungry? Grab a Snickers.

 

We booked the room from 12-5, so lunch was skipped. XD

post #94172 of 132567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Just got done setting up for our first Audio Club meeting at UW. All other club members have either cancelled already or said they're going to be late... rolleyes.gif

What'd you expect when hosting an audio club out of all things. wink.gif

Well, turns out we're wrong!!!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post
 


You didn't update the photos. :D

lol what;s in that green thing?

Candy. My mom brought a whole bunch up for Halloween and then nobody actually showed up that night asking for candy and I didn't wanna get diabeetus from eating all of it, so...

Diabeetus for everyone! :D


Yup, people actually showed up!

 

Here are the photos from when Lugia showed up:

That AT case... Beautiful and professional looking...

 

W3000ANV and AD. Two completely different sexy beasts.

 

And again.

 

Big pile o'headphones on the only table that had power sockets nearby...

There were the W3000ANV, Alpha Dog, Mad Dog, Heavily modded Grado/Allesandro thing, SR-207, MDR-somethingorother, and K701.

 

Here's the whole set again.

 

Dem fingerprints!

 

Lugia's free DAC...

With a $30 magazine.

 

More headphones! And candy!

 

Da man with the HE-500s showed up!

 

He removed the grills so we could hear them "raw" if you will... :biggrin:

 

Had an epic and glorious time.

post #94173 of 132567

Wait? How many people went to this event?

 

Free DAC? Where?

post #94174 of 132567
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Wait? How many people went to this event?

 

Free DAC? Where?

We had:

-Me

-Michelle

-Lugia

-Michelle's friend Michelle

-Michelle's friend's friend 

-Nimzerz (Local Seattleite who wanted to listen to the Alpha Dogs)

 

It was in a Japanese magazine. Lugia said he bought the last 5 from the publisher. The magazine was 3000 yen though.

post #94175 of 132567

Wish I coulda been there D:

for the candies of course. All those different candies for the difference senses xP

post #94176 of 132567
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post
 

Wish I coulda been there D:

for the candies of course. All those different candies for the difference senses xP

Lolz

You really need to try and make it over to WA at least once in your life! :D

post #94177 of 132567
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post
 

Just a bunch of candy from Halloween.

Skittles, taste the rainbow.

Hungry? Grab a Snickers.

Nice! great to have some of those in a meet :p

 

 

post #94178 of 132567
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Lolz

You really need to try and make it over to WA at least once in your life! :D


I wonder if it's a possible stop instead of Vancouver on a flight path to Asia... if it is, I'll take note to do that next time I go (date unknown... less and less sure I can make my original spring plans).

post #94179 of 132567
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

We had:

-Me

-Michelle

-Lugia

-Michelle's friend Michelle

-Michelle's friend's friend 

-Nimzerz (Local Seattleite who wanted to listen to the Alpha Dogs)

 

It was in a Japanese magazine. Lugia said he bought the last 5 from the publisher. The magazine was 3000 yen though.

Was the DAC in the machine there advertised as a DAC or was it part of somethign else?

post #94180 of 132567

Man, I want a free DAC. Using a Squeezebox Classic is a pain in the rear end. Not that I have an amp right now. :(

post #94181 of 132567
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post
 

Just a bunch of candy from Halloween.

Skittles, taste the rainbow.

Hungry? Grab a Snickers.

Nice! great to have some of those in a meet :p

 

Yeah, it held us over until Chipotle and crepes after the meet! XD

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Lolz

You really need to try and make it over to WA at least once in your life! :D


I wonder if it's a possible stop instead of Vancouver on a flight path to Asia... if it is, I'll take note to do that next time I go (date unknown... less and less sure I can make my original spring plans).

Hehe, that would be sweet! That could give me an excuse to go to ze Canada!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

We had:

-Me

-Michelle

-Lugia

-Michelle's friend Michelle

-Michelle's friend's friend 

-Nimzerz (Local Seattleite who wanted to listen to the Alpha Dogs)

 

It was in a Japanese magazine. Lugia said he bought the last 5 from the publisher. The magazine was 3000 yen though.

Was the DAC in the machine there advertised as a DAC or was it part of somethign else?

I have no f***ing clue.

Calling @lugia862.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VXAce View Post
 

Man, I want a free DAC. Using a Squeezebox Classic is a pain in the rear end. Not that I have an amp right now. :(

Lol, you could always use a digital volume control in Windows :3

post #94182 of 132567
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

 

Lol, you could always use a digital volume control in Windows :3

I've been using my onboard sound for so long. :3

post #94183 of 132567
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Was the DAC in the machine there advertised as a DAC or was it part of somethign else?


If you meant the casing on the lower left corner of the picture, high chances that no, it's not the guts from that piece of gear.

 

In Asia there's a lot of premium priced magazines (i.e. $30 in Lugia's case, no pun intended) that will have a boxed something attached to the magazine issue. Depending on what kind of magazine, it can be a reusable tote, a tool, a fashion accessory, or electrical equipment like that DAC.

 

In otaku/manga/anime/eroge related magazines you can get smaller tapestry, cups, towels and etc. all with special prints on them.

post #94184 of 132567
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post
 

Wish I coulda been there D:

for the candies of course. All those different candies for the difference senses xP

After eating a Butterfinger candy, everything just sounds so smooth.

 

On the other hand, if you eat a bag of Skittles, your opinion of a headphone's sound changes since you can't make up your mind about the "flavour" of it.

 

I prefer a Snicker's though because headphones become less power-hungry upon eating one.

post #94185 of 132567
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post
 


If you meant the casing on the lower left corner of the picture, high chances that no, it's not the guts from that piece of gear.

 

In Asia there's a lot of premium priced magazines (i.e. $30 in Lugia's case, no pun intended) that will have a boxed something attached to the magazine issue. Depending on what kind of magazine, it can be a reusable tote, a tool, a fashion accessory, or electrical equipment like that DAC.

 

In otaku/manga/anime/eroge related magazines you can get smaller tapestry, cups, towels and etc. all with special prints on them.

Wow, lucky. I get more promotions for a magazine that's I'm subscribed for the next 5 years. I'd rather get cute things like that. Or in my case, a wrench.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge