Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6276

post #94126 of 149740
Quote:
Originally Posted by VXAce View Post
 

You just noticed?

That is the second time ever I used this AutoRip thingy :/


Hmmmm Bakemonogatari, Battlefield 4 or Bioinformatics HW?
What to do, what to do....

post #94127 of 149740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Hmmmm Bakemonogatari, Battlefield 4 or Bioinformatics HW?

What to do, what to do....

The latter of the three of course
post #94128 of 149740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Hmmmm Bakemonogatari, Battlefield 4 or Bioinformatics HW?

What exactly is bioinformatics?

post #94129 of 149740
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

What exactly is bioinformatics?

I imagine monte carlo simulations of stochastic biological processes. But probably also other things done on a computer that can prove useful for biology.
post #94130 of 149740
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

What exactly is bioinformatics?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioinformatics
:3

Right now we are doing DNA sequencing stuff.
Programming Shotgun Sequencing things in Matlab.

Way more interesting than just "normal" informatics.

post #94131 of 149740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

What exactly is bioinformatics?

I imagine monte carlo simulations of stochastic biological processes. But probably also other things done on a computer that can prove useful for biology.

Uhh, what?

When I think of Monte Carlo, I think of:

and:

post #94132 of 149740
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Dear lord, what anime were you watching???

Outbreak Company ep5 ;)

post #94133 of 149740
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Uhh, what?
When I think of Monte Carlo, I think of:

Exactly.

Monte carlo simulation is just trying out a crapload of random numbers to establish (empirically) how a system works.
post #94134 of 149740

 

 

Dayum right I am

post #94135 of 149740
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

 

 

Dayum right I am

This is one nasty looking panda.
I'm safe to say that our panda looks better.

post #94136 of 149740

 

 

I must admit it to be true.

post #94137 of 149740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

These 230kb/s files are not even tagged properly....

I've seen the digital promo "copies" from big labels having the same problem. My dad works in the radio, so he got the mp3 files for the last Helloween album. Leaving it itself alone (was terrible, just as uninspired as the last few Megadeth albums and I had this "I heard that melody/riff somewhere already" for the whole thing), it wasn't properly tagged as well. Even better, filenames were just titles, so I had to go to Wikipedia to know the order of the tracks...

Don't really get this kind of promos for myself, so that might be just one time mistake. Dunno.
Edited by Accoun - 11/3/13 at 11:17am
post #94138 of 149740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post


I've seen the digital promo "copies" from big labels having the same problem. My dad works in the radio, so he got the mp3 files for the last Helloween album. Leaving it itself alone (was terrible, just as uninspired as the last few Megadeth albums and I had this "I heard that melody/riff somewhere already" for the whole thing), it wasn't properly tagged as well. Even better, filenames were just titles, so I had to go to Wikipedia to know the order of the tracks...

Don't really get this kind of promos for myself, so that might be just one time mistake. Dunno.

Helloween is just way too long in business now :D
Who would really expect something new from them?
 

post #94139 of 149740
Today I learned that there is a Uchuu Kyoudai life action movie. In fact, it's one-and-a-half year old already. And it's surprisingly good.

One of the best things is that they actually used American actors whenever Americans were talking, instead of krappy engrish. And they had a really cool self reference where Buzz Aldrin (second moonwalker) said in a response to the question who he was: 'Me? I'm just an old man who took a stroll on the moon a long, long time ago'. biggrin.gif

One slight disappointment was that they kinda failed to show the moons lowered gravity. But that's alright since it's pretty difficult to get those kinda special effects.

I am content. Better than expected, definitely.

Not that anyone here will care probably, since I'm one of the very very few in this thread who actually appreciates the #BestAnimeEver.
post #94140 of 149740

Just got done setting up for our first Audio Club meeting at UW. All other club members have either cancelled already or said they're going to be late... :rolleyes:

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge