Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- DAC/AMP for q701 Under $300 Last post on 9/2/13 at 1:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6256
Gear mentioned in this thread:
We are in the same boat!! I love how you answered...only to be exactly where I am lol
The more I listen to Sixx A.M. The more I love them. I already did. But the lyrics speak of overcomming depression, suicidial tendencies, and past experiences and life's friends who were holding you back. Man, it feels great.
It's interesting... mostly for the art style at this point unfortunately. My friend read the LN/Manga and said it really doesn't "go" anywhere story wise. They just keep saving people and hearing their stories I guess.
The visuals are pretty cool, but there are just waaaaay too many random nonsensical/dumb things in it.
People overreacting for no damn reason.
People crying for like 3 seconds and be all cool right after that.
People making lots of dumb/illogical decisions.
Weird dialog (e.g. "I have ten times the physical strength, endurance of a normal person"....no trace of that at all in the anime).
Strange pacing etc.
This anime wants to do a lot of cool things, but everything feels either rushed or only thought through 50%.
Most unix-like systems will have Telnet by default (some will not have SSH believe it or not).
Also, home networks and embedded systems where the connection is localized and not towards the whole web, telnet is a simple and easy solution.
The last part is, well no offense (perhaps a bit intended) - it sounds like something coming from a person who's never used vim before.
On the day-to-day front, it cuts out repetitive tasks: like moving around the text in the conventional way, it can jump around to wherever I need without ever leaving the keyboard, searching and replacing text can be so specific, you'll wonder why people do things the way they do.
On the programming front, it's insanely powerful. It can do IDE stuff like crazy, parse directories/files with the built-in stuff, or if you really need to, regex, comparing diffs, syntax highlighting customization is unparalleled, you think that IDEs. LaTeX-suite has editing power, guess where the concepts came from. I can do my stuff in half the time with all of the shortcuts (yes, you can have pdf-preview, all the niceties of TexMaker or whatever that you're using, and have it in a GUI).
But it's not merely limited to programming use - for regular files, it's simply one of the faster and more efficient ways to edit, the fanciness can get out of the way. Half of these posts are typed in vim. Of course, there's a learning curve. Quite honestly, I find acme to be even harder to learn, since that's a real paradigm shift, everything about it.
It's such a braindead mentality when you have people asking why we use this schiit even though it doesn't have "shiny colors" (it can, text colors can be changed to whatever the heck you want) or "mouse support" (of course it does, gpm, visual mode, the GUI version). Yes, there's a GUI version - you compile in the support or use a package that has it compiled in. Actually, most distros have vim with GUI installed right from the start, guess that's a no-go on OS X since it doesn't bundle gtk by default.
Three more things that gets it going - it's on most if not nearly all *nix systems, portable, so you eventually learn it, this breaks some common ground since there's always exposure to it. Plus, the fact that so much software nowadays has a vi mode included (Sublime Text's vintage mode is essentially vi mode), that's just a testament to its efficiency. Last thing - it's extendable to do pretty much anything you will ever think of needing text-wise. For even more, that's emacs realm.
The thing is, use it for more than a day. It might not be for you specifically, but you can't really deny the power that it offers. It'll become very apparent once you learn beyond the surface (heck, vimtutor - it has a tutor built right in, interactive and all!)
Something more visually representative - http://www.viemu.com/a-why-vi-vim.html
and indeed, I've never used vim before... tried today and I can't even figure out how to edit my document.......
I wish I could drop anime that easily I just don't have the willpower, once I start one, it has to do something very wrong for me to drop it.
Edited by Muinarc - 10/30/13 at 4:00pm
LOL I'm listening to "Hacking to the gate" right now!! :D
Nice! I should probably get around to buying all the Steins;Gate OP/ED CDs before the movie comes out...
Also, random lol on MAL:
heck I had to Google how to turn off a computer in Widows 8. I see a big problem right there.
Haha, been there.
People here probably remember me raging at win8 UI. And how stupid it was without instructions.
At least now google actually has answers for you! When I started using it there was no info whatsoever...
Windows 8.1 is supposed to bring a bit back. Namely the start button (to bring you to the start screen lol).
So I'm not updating my windows 8.
I guess I'd be the only idiot here to spend that money on a Vaio Duo 13 instead. I want that built-in pen digitizer!
Though I could care less about touch screen... maybe.
The name of the girl in all Japanese ghost stories, who got bullied and locked in a school washroom stall and nobody found her before she died there.
In other words, Hanako ----> that toilet/washroom-related ghost girl.
I guess you need jailbreak to arrange icons where ever you want them huh. Stoopid Apo. Why can't I rearrange my icons the way I want?!
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 seconds ago
- › Rare SONY MDR-CD300 31 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 56 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 4 minutes ago
- › Best Studio Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 6 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW/TOUR] Somic MH412 + Viper4Android. The "Put Up or Shut Up"... 6 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)