Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- DAC/AMP for q701 Under $300 Last post on 9/2/13 at 1:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/13/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6256post #93826 of 9800210/30/13 at 3:42pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #93827 of 9800210/30/13 at 3:45pmQuote:
We are in the same boat!! I love how you answered...only to be exactly where I am lol
The more I listen to Sixx A.M. The more I love them. I already did. But the lyrics speak of overcomming depression, suicidial tendencies, and past experiences and life's friends who were holding you back. Man, it feels great.
Examplepost #93828 of 9800210/30/13 at 3:50pmQuote:
It's interesting... mostly for the art style at this point unfortunately. My friend read the LN/Manga and said it really doesn't "go" anywhere story wise. They just keep saving people and hearing their stories I guess.post #93829 of 9800210/30/13 at 3:52pmQuote:
The visuals are pretty cool, but there are just waaaaay too many random nonsensical/dumb things in it.
People overreacting for no damn reason.
People crying for like 3 seconds and be all cool right after that.
People making lots of dumb/illogical decisions.
Weird dialog (e.g. "I have ten times the physical strength, endurance of a normal person"....no trace of that at all in the anime).
Strange pacing etc.
This anime wants to do a lot of cool things, but everything feels either rushed or only thought through 50%.post #93830 of 9800210/30/13 at 3:52pmpost #93831 of 9800210/30/13 at 3:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by TwinQY
Most unix-like systems will have Telnet by default (some will not have SSH believe it or not).
Also, home networks and embedded systems where the connection is localized and not towards the whole web, telnet is a simple and easy solution.
The last part is, well no offense (perhaps a bit intended) - it sounds like something coming from a person who's never used vim before.
On the day-to-day front, it cuts out repetitive tasks: like moving around the text in the conventional way, it can jump around to wherever I need without ever leaving the keyboard, searching and replacing text can be so specific, you'll wonder why people do things the way they do.
On the programming front, it's insanely powerful. It can do IDE stuff like crazy, parse directories/files with the built-in stuff, or if you really need to, regex, comparing diffs, syntax highlighting customization is unparalleled, you think that IDEs. LaTeX-suite has editing power, guess where the concepts came from. I can do my stuff in half the time with all of the shortcuts (yes, you can have pdf-preview, all the niceties of TexMaker or whatever that you're using, and have it in a GUI).
But it's not merely limited to programming use - for regular files, it's simply one of the faster and more efficient ways to edit, the fanciness can get out of the way. Half of these posts are typed in vim. Of course, there's a learning curve. Quite honestly, I find acme to be even harder to learn, since that's a real paradigm shift, everything about it.
It's such a braindead mentality when you have people asking why we use this schiit even though it doesn't have "shiny colors" (it can, text colors can be changed to whatever the heck you want) or "mouse support" (of course it does, gpm, visual mode, the GUI version). Yes, there's a GUI version - you compile in the support or use a package that has it compiled in. Actually, most distros have vim with GUI installed right from the start, guess that's a no-go on OS X since it doesn't bundle gtk by default.
Three more things that gets it going - it's on most if not nearly all *nix systems, portable, so you eventually learn it, this breaks some common ground since there's always exposure to it. Plus, the fact that so much software nowadays has a vi mode included (Sublime Text's vintage mode is essentially vi mode), that's just a testament to its efficiency. Last thing - it's extendable to do pretty much anything you will ever think of needing text-wise. For even more, that's emacs realm.
The thing is, use it for more than a day. It might not be for you specifically, but you can't really deny the power that it offers. It'll become very apparent once you learn beyond the surface (heck, vimtutor - it has a tutor built right in, interactive and all!)
Something more visually representative - http://www.viemu.com/a-why-vi-vim.html
and indeed, I've never used vim before... tried today and I can't even figure out how to edit my document.......post #93832 of 9800210/30/13 at 3:55pmpost #93833 of 9800210/30/13 at 3:57pm
I wish I could drop anime that easily I just don't have the willpower, once I start one, it has to do something very wrong for me to drop it.
Edited by Muinarc - 10/30/13 at 4:00pmpost #93834 of 9800210/30/13 at 4:48pmQuote:
LOL I'm listening to "Hacking to the gate" right now!! :Dpost #93837 of 9800210/30/13 at 5:16pmQuote:
Nice! I should probably get around to buying all the Steins;Gate OP/ED CDs before the movie comes out...
Also, random lol on MAL:post #93838 of 9800210/30/13 at 5:16pmpost #93839 of 9800210/30/13 at 5:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by VXAce
heck I had to Google how to turn off a computer in Widows 8. I see a big problem right there.If and when Microsoft brings back the old GUI of Windows
Haha, been there.
People here probably remember me raging at win8 UI. And how stupid it was without instructions.
At least now google actually has answers for you! When I started using it there was no info whatsoever...
Windows 8.1 is supposed to bring a bit back. Namely the start button (to bring you to the start screen lol).
So I'm not updating my windows 8.Quote:
I guess I'd be the only idiot here to spend that money on a Vaio Duo 13 instead. I want that built-in pen digitizer!
Though I could care less about touch screen... maybe.
The name of the girl in all Japanese ghost stories, who got bullied and locked in a school washroom stall and nobody found her before she died there.
In other words, Hanako ----> that toilet/washroom-related ghost girl.Quote:
I guess you need jailbreak to arrange icons where ever you want them huh. Stoopid Apo. Why can't I rearrange my icons the way I want?!post #93840 of 9800210/30/13 at 5:24pm
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › December 2013 Mid-Level DAC Comparison 2 minutes ago
- › DT990 Pro Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 4 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 10 minutes ago
- › List of DACs that work with iPad 11 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 12 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi & Sennheiser USA Holiday Giveaway 12 minutes ago
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe