Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6216

post #93226 of 149552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Okay, I'll just trow this question in:

Is there any way to hook these speakers up to this subwoofer?


 


Doesn't look like there is one, right?

Isn't that a speaker output from the sub on the bottom? Not sure if there is a compatible wire leading to the speakers RCA though

post #93227 of 149552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Okay, I'll just trow this question in:

Is there any way to hook these speakers up to this subwoofer?

Doesn't look like there is one, right?

Well they both have line-level RCA inputs....if the sub was some kind of built in cross-over functionality, you could just use a splitter cable and feed the sub the same signal as the speakers.

You could also use the Line-out on the speakers and connect those to the AUX-in on the woofer.
Edited by Muinarc - 10/24/13 at 2:50pm
post #93228 of 149552
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Isn't that a speaker output from the sub on the bottom? Not sure if there is a compatible wire leading to the speakers RCA though

I already looked for something along this line but did not find any real useful information.

My world won't fall apart if this setup is impossible to realize...I guess there is a life without a subwoofer :D
Especially if I look at the incredible reviews of these speakers. Awards upon awards.

post #93229 of 149552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinarc View Post


Well they both have line-level RCA inputs....if the sub was some kind of built in cross-over functionality, you could just use a splitter cable and feed the sub the same signal as the speakers.

Okay, let's see if I get that right:

I connect one speaker to my PC via USB.
And then I get myself some kind of splitter cable that splits the line out of this speaker to the cinch/RCA of the other speaker and the subwoofer?

post #93230 of 149552
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyrongatti View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Well then. I just witnessed a surgery for the first time, on a guinea pig, literally. Cryogenic injuries are interesting to see happen. :-o
Wait Michelle is a doctor? 
Naw, bioengineering. The project I'm working on may apply to such guinea pigs in future work though.



Stupid KMT kuomintang Krappy Mid-Term. I studied the wrong things. -_-
post #93231 of 149552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Okay, let's see if I get that right:


I connect one speaker to my PC via USB.

And then I get myself some kind of splitter cable that splits the line out of this speaker to the cinch/RCA of the other speaker and the subwoofer?


Well this is where it gets complicated. I assume looking at it that you go from the PC via USB -> to the speaker (lets call it Left) ... then "Line Out" on Left -> to AUX-in on Right.

If the signal comming out of the "Line Out" of Left is a full range signal (as in, there is no logic circuit in there that it somehow knows its the Left or Right hand speaker) you can just split that signal comming out and send one part to the woofer and the other to "Right"... you might even be able to use the "Line-out" on Right to hook to the sub. It just depends on the guts of the amplifier in the speakers. sometimes connecting one connector automatically kills other inputs/outputs... like when you plug headphones into a laptop and it mutes the built in speakers.
post #93232 of 149552
I'm trying to just bluff my way out of this math problem. I used two BS inequalities that may or may not be true but are extremely difficult to either prove or disprove. It does make my overall proof fairly aesthetic, but I doubt I'll even get a pass with this, let alone anything near full marks (which is exactly what I need right now to get a semi-decent grade for this subject).
This may become the first subject I fail or borderline pass, and you know what? I don't even care.
post #93233 of 149552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

I'm trying to just bluff my way out of this math problem. I used two BS inequalities that may or may not be true but are extremely difficult to either prove or disprove. It does make my overall proof fairly aesthetic, but I doubt I'll even get a pass with this, let alone anything near full marks (which is exactly what I need right now to get a semi-decent grade for this subject).
This may become the first subject I fail or borderline pass, and you know what? I don't even care.
tumblr_mdd93wOihi1rkzwhxo1_500.gif
post #93234 of 149552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinarc View Post


Well this is where it gets complicated. I assume looking at it that you go from the PC via USB -> to the speaker (lets call it Left) ... then "Line Out" on Left -> to AUX-in on Right.

If the signal comming out of the "Line Out" of Left is a full range signal (as in, there is no logic circuit in there that it somehow knows its the Left or Right hand speaker) you can just split that signal comming out and send one part to the woofer and the other to "Right"... you might even be able to use the "Line-out" on Right to hook to the sub. It just depends on the guts of the amplifier in the speakers. sometimes connecting one connector automatically kills other inputs/outputs... like when you plug headphones into a laptop and it mutes the built in speakers.

Okay, okay I get that.
Hmm I think one could expect a $330 active-speaker to be capable of all these line-out/RCA things.
Maybe.
I guess the only thing I can do right now is to try it out for myself :)
Once I have the money next month....
Thanks for the help!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

I'm trying to just bluff my way out of this math problem. I used two BS inequalities that may or may not be true but are extremely difficult to either prove or disprove. It does make my overall proof fairly aesthetic, but I doubt I'll even get a pass with this, let alone anything near full marks (which is exactly what I need right now to get a semi-decent grade for this subject).
This may become the first subject I fail or borderline pass, and you know what? I don't even care.

That's the spirit!
Tomorrow is analysis day for me...still not sure if its worse than linear algebra or not :/

post #93235 of 149552

Wait a second.
Can I just split the line-out signal via one of these
http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8V234-WHT-APL-Headphone-Splitter/dp/B0000UV2AW
and then plug two of these
http://www.thomann.de/de/the_sssnake_yrk2030.htm
into it?
 

post #93236 of 149552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

I'm trying to just bluff my way out of this math problem. I used two BS inequalities that may or may not be true but are extremely difficult to either prove or disprove. It does make my overall proof fairly aesthetic, but I doubt I'll even get a pass with this, let alone anything near full marks (which is exactly what I need right now to get a semi-decent grade for this subject).
This may become the first subject I fail or borderline pass, and you know what? I don't even care.

Well, if you've tried to that level.... gambatee dude.

 

Pic of the math problem you are working on or something like that?

 

What does your group feel about it as well?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Wait a second.
Can I just split the line-out signal via one of these
http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8V234-WHT-APL-Headphone-Splitter/dp/B0000UV2AW
and then plug two of these
http://www.thomann.de/de/the_sssnake_yrk2030.htm
into it?
 

I'm barely fluent in speakers. Sorry.

post #93237 of 149552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Wait a second.

Can I just split the line-out signal via one of these
http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8V234-WHT-APL-Headphone-Splitter/dp/B0000UV2AW

and then plug two of these
http://www.thomann.de/de/the_sssnake_yrk2030.htm

into it?

 

If you are going out of your sound card...to the sub and speakers, that should work.


The Line out on the speaker would usually be an RCA... so you would need THIS if you wanted to split the signal at that point.



Or (I feel stupid I didnt think of this sooner) if you have a multi-channel/surround sound card, just get 2 of these http://www.thomann.de/de/the_sssnake_yrk2030.htm and hook one from the Center/Sub/LFE output on the sound card to the sub...and the other from the front L/R of the sound card to the speakers.

You MIGHT be able to combo this idea with the USB input, but I dont know if there will be some kind of processing that might cause a delay between the speakers/sub.
Edited by Muinarc - 10/24/13 at 4:11pm
post #93238 of 149552
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

They better do.

Interesting!
Fischer knows what they are doing, so I expect quiet a bit from this new IEM!
That thing is their new top-tier model, right?


Hype!
 

Considering the cost, details. I think it is.

 

It says Master Series on it

 

 

 

Nice! How does it sound?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinarc View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

What is that? Looks pretty awesome except for her evil eyes...

Well I had to look it up before buying it, but this is basically a print created with a high quality printing method. Up close it looks like a watercolor painting. There were two available, the other had Sengoku, you can see it on the merch site link below.

I love the monogatari series, it's like the anime version of a Quentin Tarantino movie (whom I also love).

http://www.nisemonogatari-anime.com/goods/index.html

http://www.mistgraph.jp/mistgraph/mist.html

Waat, and you didn't get the other one with Nadeko on it??? :O

Holy hell... 18,900 yen...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Something something about the rear end of a cat butt and Twinkies :rolleyes:

 

Talking about pens. I just bought me a fountain pen, ink set and what not that will be comming at the end of the week. 

Didn't you do that a few days ago?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Okay, I'll just trow this question in:

Is there any way to hook these speakers up to this subwoofer?


 


Doesn't look like there is one, right?

 

Hang on, are you using USB in on the speakers or an analog line out from your computer?

 

If you're using the line out from your PC, then yes. Otherwise, maybe? It looks like that line out may just be for a subwoofer and you can actually just connect the single line out connector to either the left or right channel on a subwoofer and it will still make sound.

post #93239 of 149552
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Nice! How does it sound?

 

Waat, and you didn't get the other one with Nadeko on it??? :O

Holy hell... 18,900 yen...

 

Didn't you do that a few days ago?

 

 

Hang on, are you using USB in on the speakers or an analog line out from your computer?

 

If you're using the line out from your PC, then yes. Otherwise, maybe? It looks like that line out may just be for a subwoofer and you can actually just connect the single line out connector to either the left or right channel on a subwoofer and it will still make sound.

Teh Just bought kinda refered to a few days ago yeah :)

 

And as for the TBA

 

I posted this on reddit 

Quote:
 

Anyway, the sound is at the level for sure, but the build quality and durability is very very low.

I have reviewed the Heir Audio Tzar 350's of the approx same price and these two IEM's are very similar in their sound signature. Both are not that bassy and focus and detail and clairty for the genres that work best with them. The Tzar 350's are more detail and almost seem like something a studio professional may use for guitar or string tracks as a way to hear all the nuances and problems in them. The TBA 04's however are much more fun(not fully the definition of fun by any means but 'more' fun) in that they work with a lot more genres. Pop and rap has even been working and sounding quite well. Thus I will say that the TBA 04's are more for musical enjoyment (although Tzar's are as well) because of its sound that isn't as sharp or 'attacking' as the Tzars are to the ear.

The build quality is not something I would expect from a $350 IEM though. I'm in contact and review for Fischer Audio so I can definately ask them for why they choose it. I think I know why though. Usually the wire ejects from these UIEM $300+ units from the front more(towards your face rather than the back of your head). This is because if the wire ejects from the rear, you have the flap of your ear blocking it. The TBA 04's.....eject its wire from the rear as seen here:

http://i.imgur.com/V3MlUOe.png?1 

which means that its effecitely just using the suction of the driver housing in the ear and wire tension(not that much) as a way to keep the driver in the ear. Thus potentially using very very light driver materials. This is just a guess however.

Let me know what you think.

 

 

post #93240 of 149552
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Nice! How does it sound?

 

Waat, and you didn't get the other one with Nadeko on it??? :O

Holy hell... 18,900 yen...

 

Didn't you do that a few days ago?

 

 

Hang on, are you using USB in on the speakers or an analog line out from your computer?

 

If you're using the line out from your PC, then yes. Otherwise, maybe? It looks like that line out may just be for a subwoofer and you can actually just connect the single line out connector to either the left or right channel on a subwoofer and it will still make sound.

Teh Just bought kinda refered to a few days ago yeah :)

 

And as for the TBA

 

I posted this on reddit 

Quote:
 

Anyway, the sound is at the level for sure, but the build quality and durability is very very low.

I have reviewed the Heir Audio Tzar 350's of the approx same price and these two IEM's are very similar in their sound signature. Both are not that bassy and focus and detail and clairty for the genres that work best with them. The Tzar 350's are more detail and almost seem like something a studio professional may use for guitar or string tracks as a way to hear all the nuances and problems in them. The TBA 04's however are much more fun(not fully the definition of fun by any means but 'more' fun) in that they work with a lot more genres. Pop and rap has even been working and sounding quite well. Thus I will say that the TBA 04's are more for musical enjoyment (although Tzar's are as well) because of its sound that isn't as sharp or 'attacking' as the Tzars are to the ear.

The build quality is not something I would expect from a $350 IEM though. I'm in contact and review for Fischer Audio so I can definately ask them for why they choose it. I think I know why though. Usually the wire ejects from these UIEM $300+ units from the front more(towards your face rather than the back of your head). This is because if the wire ejects from the rear, you have the flap of your ear blocking it. The TBA 04's.....eject its wire from the rear as seen here:

http://i.imgur.com/V3MlUOe.png?1 

which means that its effecitely just using the suction of the driver housing in the ear and wire tension(not that much) as a way to keep the driver in the ear. Thus potentially using very very light driver materials. This is just a guess however.

Let me know what you think.

 

 

Lol.

 

So wait, are they relatively flat? Or are they more V-shaped? Is the bass lacking any frequencies, or is it just relatively flat?

 

In other words, the build is just a bit fatter DBA-02 shell? Meh. I always found those a bit hard to get out of your ears if you got any oil on your hands or the shells...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge