Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6174

post #92596 of 151549
Been to library. They had "Pluto". Read all 6 available volumes, but there are 2 more. :-/

It's pretty great, BTW.
post #92597 of 151549
Pluto the manga?

I had help session at 8am today morning(8:50 right now, finished it just now) so guess what? I spent all night until 4:15am watching anime to help bridge the gap between times
post #92598 of 151549
Yes. I haven't read the original Astro Boy, but the drawing style doesn't look like it would be any serious, like Pluto is (that being said, he made serious works like Adolf/Message To Adolf as well).
post #92599 of 151549

Liking log horizon OP "database"

...

can't find a nice youtube vid to share though.

 

post #92600 of 151549
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Heard some of my senpai talking about line, contour and surface integrals..... sounds so scary I dont want to have anything to do with them...... confused_face.gif

Nah, they're not that hard at all. Just like any other concrete math, you just need to learn the trick and practice until you understand and then it won't be too difficult anymore. You'll most likely get stuff like Fourier and ordinary (linear) differential equations as well, which is also just learning a trick and you'll do fine. The whole theory of vector calculus comes down to partial derivatives, Gauss' theorem and Stokes' theorem, once you know those it really is not difficult at all. Plus you'll most likely get plenty of time to practice, and you'll probably stick to using well behaved spaces and functions. (we get to work with the more abstract and ugly stuff as well)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Yay, I broke the 6000 view mark on Flickr today!

Congratulations my freund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post

Yes. I haven't read the original Astro Boy, but the drawing style doesn't look like it would be any serious, like Pluto is (that being said, he made serious works like Adolf/Message To Adolf as well).

Having read both, I have to say that there is no relation between them at all. Sure they have an overlapping setting and main character, but the overlapping character is a radically different person in Pluto than it is in Astro Boy, and the setting is painted much much darker than it is in Astro Boy. They are unrelated up to the point of nostalgic references to Astro Boy you could say.
post #92601 of 151549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post

Damned DHL failed me. Electronics costs a crapton to ship to the US from over here. Dammit.
Yeah, stupid shipping costs! Do try EMS though.
I can ship a small box over to Malaysia through EMS for about $24...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

 
Is that........saya?
Yup...
This is what happens when atom and I Skype for 2 hours and he reminds me that tumblr is a thing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

Saya really needs to lay off the meat.
LOL yup!
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

 
oh_god_why.jpg
biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Pluto the manga?

I had help session at 8am today morning(8:50 right now, finished it just now) so guess what? I spent all night until 4:15am watching anime to help bridge the gap between times
Wait, aren't you supposed to bridge the gap between times by sleeping? O.o
post #92602 of 151549
I thought I stopped liking cute slice of life anime with cute girls doing cute things, but damn Non Non Biyori is good. It's weird, but I really like it.
post #92603 of 151549

Just finished Saishuu Heiki Kanojo (Saikano)..... masterpiece.

post #92604 of 151549
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 

Just finished Saishuu Heiki Kanojo (Saikano)..... masterpiece.

I've heard a bit about this anime...hmmmm

post #92605 of 151549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

I thought I stopped liking cute slice of life anime with cute girls doing cute things, but damn Non Non Biyori is good. It's weird, but I really like it.

Surprising you even gave it a try.
What's so special about it? Or is it just doing stuff the right way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 

Just finished Saishuu Heiki Kanojo (Saikano)..... masterpiece.

The description on MAL does not sound thaaaaat overwhelming.


27 hours into Pokemon X....it's really good.
Already fought and traded with people from all across the planet :3
Japanese people everywhere!

post #92606 of 151549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Surprising you even gave it a try.

What's so special about it? Or is it just doing stuff the right way?

Dunno. It's just somehow actually funny in a not-slapstick way. I dislike slapstick comedy.
It's just a way to brighten my day.
post #92607 of 151549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


Dunno. It's just somehow actually funny in a not-slapstick way. I dislike slapstick comedy.
It's just a way to brighten my day.

That sounds promising.
I finished Joshiraku and need something new along this line.

post #92608 of 151549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

That sounds promising.

I finished Joshiraku and need something new along this line.

NO.

I just watched first ep of Joshiraku since you seem so enthusiastic about it. The two are entirely different things. Joshiraku is slapstick comedy, Non Non Biyori is a SoL oriented sitcom. It's more like Hidamari Sketch but with less focus on dialogue as a medium for jokes. Kinda like Lucky Star with less stereotypical characters and focus on dialogue. Joshiraku has a great focus on puns and dialogue.

Though granted, they are indeed both SoL with cute girls doing cute things ®.
Edited by Tilpo - 10/15/13 at 12:37pm
post #92609 of 151549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


NO.

I just watched first ep of Joshiraku since you seem so enthusiastic about it. The two are entirely different things. Joshiraku is slapstick comedy, Non Non Biyori is a SoL oriented sitcom. It's more like Hidamari Sketch but with less focus on dialogue as a medium for jokes. Kinda like Lucky Star with less stereotypical characters and focus on dialogue. Joshiraku has a great focus on puns and dialogue.

Though granted, they are indeed both SoL with cute girls doing cute things ®.

Oh.
Well, in this case I'll still go and watch it ;)

That is what I love so much about Joshiraku. Great puns (yes there is such a thing), a lot of well placed references, loads of totaly random nonsense.
The whole concept about these girls just talking about a subject and drifting off into total chaos is so wonderful!
And the show is honest about it .
First anime that really made me laugh out loud.

post #92610 of 151549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

NO.

I just watched first ep of Joshiraku since you seem so enthusiastic about it. The two are entirely different things. Joshiraku is slapstick comedy, Non Non Biyori is a SoL oriented sitcom. It's more like Hidamari Sketch but with less focus on dialogue as a medium for jokes. Kinda like Lucky Star with less stereotypical characters and focus on dialogue. Joshiraku has a great focus on puns and dialogue.

Though granted, they are indeed both SoL with cute girls doing cute things ®.

It's kinda like K-On with less moe. Kinda like Yuru Yuri, yeah that's probably the best comparison.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge