Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q701, HE-400, D5000 and Matrix M-Stage? Last post on 8/3/14 at 5:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6117
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I watched it with a couple of people in my dorm, along with Golden Time, and it was a total waste of time. At least they skipped through most of the fanservice at the pool though?
Huh, had my first problem with my iPod Classic in some time.
I plugged it in to my receiver and it listed all my music as "other data" so I had to restore my iPod to my computer. Except I tried using my monitor's USB port and it just kept sending it back to restore mode and wouldn't actually restore the thing. Then I plugged it into my computer's USB port instead of the USB hub of the monitor, and it restored just fine...
The pool part was so weird. It almost looked like a preview... But it wasnt.
Look at HTC, Google and all the audiophile/Chinese android phones out
Yeah, it was weird...
Because Miss Monochrome sucked. =_=
It sucked though!
Dang, how do they sound?
Edited by mechgamer123 - 10/4/13 at 1:31pm
I posted this on the R3 thread
I just got the Brainwavz R3 in.
Yep, these things fit much better than one would have ever guessed. I'm baffled they even fit!
How do they fit? Well first of all, BW gives you a ton of tips including a Med T500 Comply. And next, about 3 inches of cable on both sides leading to the driver is memory wire. Bendable and what not. This allows you to mold it to stay in.
So how do they sound? Classicals, good quality classic rock, opera, live performances are gold with these things. They are similar to how S-Logic by Ultrasone works in that the sound(especially the lows) are farther away and slightly reverberent. The R3's do have a bass end, but its bass capabilities are more similar to say the Vsonic GR07's in that they are there and are fairly tight, than to say an XB500(XB stands for Extra Bass if that gives you an idea). They are very clear sounding but are not fatiguing in any of its mid to high freqs and are not too analytical so far from what I've tested
Live performances, the classics, and well recorded classic rock is pretty phenomenal with the R3's. What is missing from say comparing this to an IEM say the Heir Audio Tzar class($300-$400) would be that its still lacking in refinement and that this is still more based in consumer musical enjoyment rather than being purely analytical and showing the user what may be more wrong. This is pretty good for most people's cases,but lots in the audiophile world want neutrality. The R3 also has problems with mainstream genres like hip hop not in that it falls flat on its back, but in that it presents it too cleanly. Hip hop and rap is supposed to deal and be enjoyed with tons of bass and warm sound that fills the empty space. The R3 presents too much empty clear space that the hip hop doesn't fill and doesn't have the bass capabilities to keep up in enjoyment.
This is just initial impressions. My full review will have better grammar and English. I promise. I'm dropping lots of ideas of audiophilia without explanation of what that exactly means.
As for the Delta on the other hand. Very very spacey and reverberent. Visualize some IEM's that have a very peaky upper mid. Similar in sound to the Vsonic GR07 but not nearly as refined. And then with its entire back driver portion opened up. Obviously if you open up the back of a driver, it would sound extremely different, but visualizing the amount of spaceyness and what not you would get is basically what the Delta gives. It's $20 so it can't be ****
GET HYPED B*****
Valvrave restarts next week!! HYPE IT UP!
That is freaky
Jgray's smirk right now as he says this
Mechy's smirk when Jgray falls into his trap of quoting his unfinished post of awesomeness
But sillypanda, I didn't quote his post.
You quoted it by referencing it'
For my sanity.
Yep. That's what uni has made me do too.
Manage time so well that you have perfectly occupied every little hour of waking time with something useful and only a few hours of random leisure in the week.
Get a job.
Unification with the entire human race.
Should've gone to HKU of Science and Technology instead.
Never been there of course, but given it's high university world ranking it may be a bit more challenging.
lol yeah, but the course content is retarded..... it's been a month now and the only things they've really taught us in engineering are:
- engineering is applied science.
- people use CAD.
- V=IR (Ohm's law)
I'm actually taking my year 1 and 2 courses at the same time to graduate a year earlier.
Somehow I'm jealous, yet I'm truly glad I'm not in your shoes at the same time.
Or transistor count.
What are you watching this season? Please advise me. I haven't bothered to even more than glance at the fall chart.
@tilpo, look for my previous post. Kyoani doing something that I dig for change. How crazy is that?!
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 18 seconds ago
- › Upgrade from HD 598 to ? on Fiio X1 + E11K setup 30 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 55 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Beresford Capella Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › What is resolution and how is it measured? 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for ~$60 headphones for home use on a PC without a... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3