Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6029

post #90421 of 154113
 
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Please give me some design and format feedback guys. Its supposed to be a review site. Anyway thanks for the comment micey!

 

In terms of design and format, where will all the pictures go for the review items?

 

There's only the one picture at the start so far, so I presume you're still workin' on it.

 

I think having a select few of your best photos should go within the review, to help break up the wall of text. Only the best photos though IMO, I don't want 10 pictures of practically the same thing, it'll just make it too much to scroll through.

 

The rest of the photos can be shown as thumbnails at the end of the review, kind of like a gallery thingamajig.

 

Also, as a suggestion for your reviews, almost nobody out there really pulls apart the product and briefly describes the internals/design of a product. I'm not so sure how the manufacturers will feel about this, but you should look into it to help distinguish yourself from the rest of the reviewers.

post #90422 of 154113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Wait a second...it was you who pledged Developer on Project Phoenix, right?



Hasn't been posted here in a while:


Awwww

*1m later
......( T_T)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Please give me some design and format feedback guys. Its supposed to be a review site. Anyway thanks for the comment micey!

Do you havez facebooks and other stuffs? How many reviews you planing to put per page?

How about a little addition like this?
A list to your other awesomes on the left and skip to bottom icon on right:


*only have sketchbook on iOS to work with.
post #90423 of 154113

I'm a bit put off by the kitschy and generic banner, tbh. No offense panda. Perhaps something a bit more relevant to the site? Even a picture of some headphones might work well. Visually, I'd be more likely to inference the purpose of the site.

 

As a personal aside, for whatever reason, the hphosts hosts file has dragndropbuilder (your commenting system) blocked by default. It's not the best indictator of whether or not a site's trustworthy though - to be fair they have dropbox blocked for some time as well. I doubt there's any problem with the commenting system, just a little niggle I had to get past and completely irrelevent to others.

 

As deadly said - talking about the internals would be a great differentiator. Usually with the less hardcore reviews it's just left to a cursory mention without much meaning. But I think I can already anticipate panda's response to this -

 

"we're aiming at the normal people. Cant risk alienating the masses. [inserthilariousgrammarmistakehere]"

 

Hilarious.

 

Otherwise it's a lot of grey on black text. Hopefully you can do more interesting things with the sidebars after you've filled it with content, for some visual contrast and to put more attention on the written content. Nothing obnoxious though. I don't need links for buying your panda lotion blaring at me. If you put some social media schiit on a static sidebar I might kill you. 

 

Otherwise, it's early days but I like that's it's simple.

post #90424 of 154113
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

 

THIS IS NOT THE NORTHERNLION SUPER SHOW.

;)
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RAISE UR SODIUM CHLORIDE ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽/

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

 

DNS's need to be updated first, its only working on my computers that recognize the new updates right now.

 
You can try to see if its working
 
pandatechreview.com

I like the colors you choose.
The grey wood/metal-whatever at the top looks a bit wonky. I think you know what I mean :3
It says "Audio" at the very top. I assume that you want to have different review categories, right? Like an audio one and a toothbrush one etc.
Hmm you could put the "Reviews from a technophile panda" under the big "Panda Tech Review". Kind of like:

Greenpeace
We save wales

 

post #90425 of 154113
Thanks for the feedback on the pic.

I attended college first in California and then Texas. I went in to study programming but events transpired in such a way as to almost leave me in a NEET stasis. Currently working my way out of the maze I was gifted.
post #90426 of 154113

From Panda's site

 

Quote:

 It's true, I'm not a full bona-fide panda. But hey, so isn't half the young females in video games

LIES.

post #90427 of 154113
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

My new battle station + bed tongue.gif






Worried about breaking something wile u sleep or you barely move?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

I'm a bit put off by the kitschy and generic banner, tbh. No offense panda. Perhaps something a bit more relevant to the site? Even a picture of some headphones might work well. Visually, I'd be more likely to inference the purpose of the site.

As a personal aside, for whatever reason, the hphosts hosts file has dragndropbuilder (your commenting system) blocked by default. It's not the best indictator of whether or not a site's trustworthy though - to be fair they have dropbox blocked for some time as well. I doubt there's any problem with the commenting system, just a little niggle I had to get past and completely irrelevent to others.

As deadly said - talking about the internals would be a great differentiator. Usually with the less hardcore reviews it's just left to a cursory mention without much meaning. But I think I can already anticipate panda's response to this -

"we're aiming at the normal people. Cant risk alienating the masses. [inserthilariousgrammarmistakehere]"

Hilarious.

Otherwise it's a lot of grey on black text. Hopefully you can do more interesting things with the sidebars after you've filled it with content, for some visual contrast and to put more attention on the written content. Nothing obnoxious though. I don't need links for buying your panda lotion blaring at me. If you put some social media schiit on a static sidebar I might kill you. 

Otherwise, it's early days but I like that's it's simple.

1. Maybe a header like this then


2. (O_O)... Oh
post #90428 of 154113
Kalbee, I'm going to take the good from both and create one picture...

Deadly, what is a good seller to get that ip4 batt from. I've had bad experiences buying batts from eBay in the past.
post #90429 of 154113
 
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post

Kalbee, I'm going to take the good from both and create one picture...

Deadly, what is a good seller to get that ip4 batt from. I've had bad experiences buying batts from eBay in the past.

 

Can't really say seeing as how I'm from Australia.

 

I think you'll be fine with buying a battery from someone with good feedback, as chances are, they all come from the same factory in China anyway, not to mention that they're practically giving them away at those prices, so it's not the end of the world if something goes wrong. :p 

post #90430 of 154113
Nooo...Little People is having a concert in Seattle, but it's on a weekday. >.>
http://www.littlepeoplemusic.com/shows


That and tickets are $30 for general admission, $40 for "premium seating"...frown.gif

I bought my Lindsey Stirling concert tickets for $50 and that gave me VIP access.
post #90431 of 154113
US can now preorder Steins;Gate PC.
Quote:
http://jastusa.com/blog/2013/09/20/steinsgate-preorders-open/

- The release target is Winter 2013-2014.
- The Limited Edition costs $59.95 and comes with the following: Game DVD + Box with Satin Matte Finish, User Manual, Original Fanbook & Future Gadget Lab Member Badges with Display Box
-Preorder now and receive the Download Edition for free on Day One of release!
- The Download Edition costs $39.95.
- There will be no regular package edition for the first print run. The Limited Edition is the only package option.
post #90432 of 154113
 
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post


 

 

That was really good, thanks for sharing.

post #90433 of 154113
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post
 

 

That was really good, thanks for sharing.

Yup, even I liked it.

post #90434 of 154113
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddyxm View Post
 

Hiroshi Yamauchi, Who Ran Nintendo for 53 Years, Dies at Age 85

 

Thank you for the countless hours of entertainment during my childhood.

 

explains alot 

 

also I am impressed... with my Dt 880 600 ohm the pb1 SE does not suck 

 

but that upper mid boost... eww 


Edited by Mshenay - 9/20/13 at 6:33am
post #90435 of 154113

Anyone know what site this is suppose to be?

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge