Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6018

post #90256 of 154221

Wow, the new Gundam anime looks pretty stupid :D
Who is the target audience for this stuff? Ten year old Gunpla enthusiasts?

post #90257 of 154221
No, but making 10 year olds into gunpla builders. Ironically, bowei had an excellent explanation why what sunrise is doing makes sense.
post #90258 of 154221
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

No, but making 10 year olds into gunpla builders. Ironically, bowei had an excellent explanation why what sunrise is doing makes sense.

Okay that makes more sense.
And doesn't make this anime sound any better :/

post #90259 of 154221
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


Heck yeah, me too! biggrin.gif
No, no, no, no, no. I'm pretty sure there's a huge difference between electrostatic drivers for headphones and whatever application of static electricity you're talking about...

Yeah I know, but you only said electrostat so I just went with that lol

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Wow, the new Gundam anime looks pretty stupid :D
Who is the target audience for this stuff? Ten year old Gunpla enthusiasts?

nope....it's to start the NEXT generation of Gundam lovers

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

No, but making 10 year olds into gunpla builders. Ironically, bowei had an excellent explanation why what sunrise is doing makes sense.

 

Makes sense? Yeah......it does from a linear business point of view. Otherwise, not too much

post #90260 of 154221
Deadly, when you succeed. sell me your Staxes.
post #90261 of 154221

And then you don't like it, so you sell it to someone else. XD

post #90262 of 154221

For more info about why Gundam Build fighters is a good(decent) strategy for Sunrise and for the Gundam industry, read on.

 

What NO ONE, has even tried to do yet, is watch the 50 minute GBF promo video with them showing what it is, the responses the Gundam leaders in Sunrise and bandai are giving, and even looking at demo/psychographics.

 

First, think back to how most found out and got a love of Gundam. Most of it was during our childhoods when we saw series and then slowly grew to love it. It was like a process where the Gundam series 'aged' with us and grew and molded with us before becomming what it is.

 

Now this introduces their first problem. The current Gundam fan population(seems to be(I don't have number data like they do, so I can only draw seems to be conclusions based off observations)) is older and getting to 'that' stage of life already if not already. Kinda like how Harry Potter is aging out and how Loney Toones aged out. 

 

Toy sales of figurines, gunpla sales, and their new numbers on kid buying patterns and how 00 performed to a wide range of audiences, it seems Bandai and Sunrise came to a conclusion. They need to start the whole process all over again of getting an entire new generation of kids to watch the series and grow and 'mold' with the series. If anyone viewed the GB.Fighters promo video. It showed kids buying almost bakuman like miniture gunpla's that then have unique codes that they can then input into a game to then have their 'own' gundams appear in the game. GBF is basically the new beyblade, pokemon etc that they are making as a way for users to interact with it. Will this work? Who knows, so far everyother one  by Bandai and others has worked pretty well. 

 

The responces given out by Gundam lead staff
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gundam/comments/1ictti/newer_gundam_series_heading_towards_the_kiddy/cb38ehz (cited in the comment)

 

and Gundam Age, and new Gundam Build Fighters trends towards more 'kiddy' style brings me to the exact conclusion I have thus made. That the companies are making these series to 'reboot' the entire series with the new genreation of kids so that they can grow up with it, as they get older,so do the series(hopefully). 

 

I'm sad, but if this is successful, Gundam will once again be one of the premier names when 'anime' is mentioned. 

post #90263 of 154221
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post
 

Jesus, since when did everyone here become a reviewer? :p

I review cats.

This one gets 5 catnips out of 5. Great treble.

post #90264 of 154221
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

For more info about why Gundam Build fighters is a good(decent) strategy for Sunrise and for the Gundam industry, read on.

 

What NO ONE, has even tried to do yet, is watch the 50 minute GBF promo video with them showing what it is, the responses the Gundam leaders in Sunrise and bandai are giving, and even looking at demo/psychographics.

 

First, think back to how most found out and got a love of Gundam. Most of it was during our childhoods when we saw series and then slowly grew to love it. It was like a process where the Gundam series 'aged' with us and grew and molded with us before becomming what it is.

 

Now this introduces their first problem. The current Gundam fan population(seems to be(I don't have number data like they do, so I can only draw seems to be conclusions based off observations)) is older and getting to 'that' stage of life already if not already. Kinda like how Harry Potter is aging out and how Loney Toones aged out. 

 

Toy sales of figurines, gunpla sales, and their new numbers on kid buying patterns and how 00 performed to a wide range of audiences, it seems Bandai and Sunrise came to a conclusion. They need to start the whole process all over again of getting an entire new generation of kids to watch the series and grow and 'mold' with the series. If anyone viewed the GB.Fighters promo video. It showed kids buying almost bakuman like miniture gunpla's that then have unique codes that they can then input into a game to then have their 'own' gundams appear in the game. GBF is basically the new beyblade, pokemon etc that they are making as a way for users to interact with it. Will this work? Who knows, so far everyother one  by Bandai and others has worked pretty well. 

 

The responces given out by Gundam lead staff
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gundam/comments/1ictti/newer_gundam_series_heading_towards_the_kiddy/cb38ehz (cited in the comment)

 

and Gundam Age, and new Gundam Build Fighters trends towards more 'kiddy' style brings me to the exact conclusion I have thus made. That the companies are making these series to 'reboot' the entire series with the new genreation of kids so that they can grow up with it, as they get older,so do the series(hopefully). 

 

I'm sad, but if this is successful, Gundam will once again be one of the premier names when 'anime' is mentioned. 


Yeah I get that.
It's a smart (and not very original) move from a business standpoint.

I don't like this strategy for various non-businessman reasons.

post #90265 of 154221
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post
 

And then you don't like it, so you sell it to someone else. XD

 

Gear rolling is fun!

post #90266 of 154221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

My brother is looking for a netbook for under $400...
I keep telling him that there is no way he is going to be happy with whatever netbook he is going to buy in this price section.
Most of them are not even fast enough to run YouTube properly and almost all of them have Windows 8 installed.
Slow netbook + Windows 8 = poop

Or are there some hidden gems out there I don't know about?

 

I think a standard laptop in the price range would be better IMO of course.

That being said, I love my netbook and I plan to continue to use it in college to play VNs and maybe stream music to.

 

Also Boris, I finally fixed Project H. Took a lot of electrical tape but I finally isolated the power connector ground from the case :p

post #90267 of 154221
 
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

Deadly, when you succeed. sell me your Staxes.

 

Never!

 
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post
 

I review cats.

 

Lovely.

post #90268 of 154221
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

 

I think a standard laptop in the price range would be better IMO of course.

That being said, I love my netbook and I plan to continue to use it in college to play VNs and maybe stream music to.

 

Also Boris, I finally fixed Project H. Took a lot of electrical tape but I finally isolated the power connector ground from the case :p

I already got him away from the netbook idea :)

Now to find a decent laptop...

post #90269 of 154221
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Also Boris, I finally fixed Project H. Took a lot of electrical tape but I finally isolated the power connector ground from the case :p

LOL so that was the problem after all.

post #90270 of 154221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

 

I think a standard laptop in the price range would be better IMO of course.

That being said, I love my netbook and I plan to continue to use it in college to play VNs and maybe stream music to.

 

Also Boris, I finally fixed Project H. Took a lot of electrical tape but I finally isolated the power connector ground from the case :p

I already got him away from the netbook idea :)

Now to find a decent laptop...

For that price, you can probably get a 15.6" with an i3, 4GB of RAM and a 500GB hard drive.

Dell and Asus are some of the best laptop makers IMO, if you don't mind the weird trackpads on Asus lappys. Acer is also cheap and halfway decent. Personally though I'd stay away from Toshiba, HP and Samsung.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Also Boris, I finally fixed Project H. Took a lot of electrical tape but I finally isolated the power connector ground from the case :p

LOL so that was the problem after all.

 

LOL yup, only took me 3 hours to actually fix the problem though...


Wow, why was I so concerned about getting my iTunes library play counts back? Looks like there's a python script I can download to pull play counts from last fm for me! W00t!

The only problem is that it pulls each week's plays. That might take a while with 4.5 years of plays...

 

Edit: It finished. Dang, it doesn't work on dem tracks with moonspeak names... :(


Edited by mechgamer123 - 9/18/13 at 4:52pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge