Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6013

post #90181 of 152080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

 

Maybe so, and an out of box review is a bad way to go, but I found no glaringly BAD issues with the out of Box unit, the addage if it's not broke don't fix it applies here. It sounded very nice ouf of the Box but I do see your point. Still I like Beyer for it's build, it's not a posion is a spoiling. Beyer cans are just as cheap as ATH cans, they sound as good and are some how built better? Wait what... see my point there 

 
But I understand you about the need to burn in. Still I could hear the differeances immediatly between to two so It stands as is. It compared equally well with my DT 880 as well. If it found it to be lacking I would have bruned it in, but right out of the box it sounded very nice, it's flaws where easy to spot and consistent. I assume the only imrpovement it may have with burn in is maybe a more natural timbre, but I doubt the bass would loosen any, if anything maybe the mids would bloom a bit more, 
 
still if it's not broke why attempt to fix with a burn in

It's just not representative of the sound, that's what. For a person to hear what you're hearing, he'd have to buy a few pair every other day. That's great for ATH but bad for everyone else.
Even if burn-in may be insignificant in whichever specific headphone. It may also be very different. Aside from the burn-in factor, it's also a matter of getting more familiar with it to have better depth of knowledge on what you're writing about. 5hrs with them (plus being a brand new pair) is not much credibility if anything.

 

As far as Beyer are just 'as cheap' and sound as good yet built better... over here the DT880 has a $100 premium over the AD900x, sound preference is subjective, and there's still build-quality vs. comfort to take into account. As far as comfort goes, that also varies from person to person.

 

Anyhow, doesn't seem like you're going to ever be convinced to put a bit more involvement in it so I'll give up this wild goose chase. I feel bad for Mr. Doris.

As for your review itself, might as well just point out that pointing out price/performance before going into the sound is thinking way ahead of itself. It doesn't feel right; use it as a conclusion type of thing instead. Oh and wigs. I'm sure you meat wings.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Yeah the Sony MDR-V series are pretty much all plastic except for the adjustable headband and those last for ages.

Though mine was the MDR-XD250. Those are flimsy as heck. Though because of the low clamp to begin with there wasn't any issues with plastic strain.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkAwesome View Post
 

Why don't people give me free SSDs.

It's only him, don't feel sad.

Because we should all feel sad. Except him.

lol j/k

post #90182 of 152080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

 

Maybe so, and an out of box review is a bad way to go, but I found no glaringly BAD issues with the out of Box unit, the addage if it's not broke don't fix it applies here. It sounded very nice ouf of the Box but I do see your point. Still I like Beyer for it's build, it's not a posion is a spoiling. Beyer cans are just as cheap as ATH cans, they sound as good and are some how built better? Wait what... see my point there 

 
But I understand you about the need to burn in. Still I could hear the differeances immediatly between to two so It stands as is. It compared equally well with my DT 880 as well. If it found it to be lacking I would have bruned it in, but right out of the box it sounded very nice, it's flaws where easy to spot and consistent. I assume the only imrpovement it may have with burn in is maybe a more natural timbre, but I doubt the bass would loosen any, if anything maybe the mids would bloom a bit more, 
 
still if it's not broke why attempt to fix with a burn in

 

tip

 

Doesn't matter if you think it has no more change. It looks bad on you if you review it immediately and right then and there to a user, AND to the manufacturer. I have had that thought back when I started too, but ALWAYS, there was new stuff that came up that changed the review a bit because I hold on to them.

 

If you wish to keep doing reviews, get/create a standard format for how your reviews are formatted and done. If you really are going to go into it, set up a youtube channel and website. 

 

I'm currently settuping up a website and everything. I'll be sending out mass(but personalized) emails to pr staff and represenatives of headphone companies soon after I get more settled with college. 

 

I talked with Analog Devices, Cirrus Logic, and Texas Instruments today. Being in the audio field, reviewing, and doing some random ass projects with Borisu jumped me to the top of the list.


Edited by bowei006 - 9/17/13 at 8:09pm
post #90183 of 152080

Their studio cans are nice. The 7506 and the CD900ST are lucky enough to be designed in a time when Sony didn't learn about "skimping on build quality" yet, but even the newer 7510 feels pretty solid and there aren't any reports of widespread breakage or anything. The M50 is also built really nicely too. 

 

As for MDR-MA/ATH-AD stuff. Find me a durable headphone anywhere near as comfortable. 

post #90184 of 152080
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post
 

It's just not representative of the sound, that's what. For a person to hear what you're hearing, he'd have to buy a few pair every other day. That's great for ATH but bad for everyone else.
Even if burn-in may be insignificant in whichever specific headphone. It may also be very different. Aside from the burn-in factor, it's also a matter of getting more familiar with it to have better depth of knowledge on what you're writing about. 5hrs with them (plus being a brand new pair) is not much credibility if anything.

 

As far as Beyer are just 'as cheap' and sound as good yet built better... over here the DT880 has a $100 premium over the AD900x, sound preference is subjective, and there's still build-quality vs. comfort to take into account. As far as comfort goes, that also varies from person to person.

 

Anyhow, doesn't seem like you're going to ever be convinced to put a bit more involvement in it so I'll give up this wild goose chase. I feel bad for Mr. Doris.

As for your review itself, might as well just point out that pointing out price/performance before going into the sound is thinking way ahead of itself. It doesn't feel right; use it as a conclusion type of thing instead. Oh and wigs. I'm sure you meat wings.

 

 

I appreciate the feed back just not how you said it, at least Bowei has enough sense to not be so rude with how he said what he said 

and I'm working on a YouTube channel as well as getting a better Camera 

 

In addition I do have a format. Granted I edit and spell check things a little better but I serious didn't expect to get this head phone at all... it literally showed up out of NOW where and I was give ONE day to make a review of it. He asked for a review by the end of the day. So I worked with what I had.

 

I would have liked to had more time BUT I didn't, and in the future I'd love to have a chance to let them burn in and then review them. It's no one's fault that review was a little rushed just a lack of communication on my part. And as for time I've spent about 3 weeks getting a review format together, and I'm working to make a more coherent template for each review. I use the same songs, in the same order, out of the same source and gawd I must listen to those songs 17 18 times a day, just to get farmilliar with them and how they change on different headphones, 

 

Still. a you tube channel is in the works[ take times and a little money, Video Camera's are not free] BUT as always I do appreciate the tips 

 

Not to mention  I work 40 horus a week while going to school and maintaing my class work. So the 5 hours I had today was entirely dedicated to doing the review. I enjoyed it but I'm a little tired, 

 

Still I do need to take some time to read over them before I submit them. And My blog is the best I have for the time being. I can't afford web hosting and I have no clue how to make  Web site. So for the time being with the little bit o time that I have I've got to do the best I can. 

 

So any one know a good price on Digital Camera? The cell phone pics kind stink don't they q.q [and I need a lamp to address the crappy lighting in my room as well] Either way Mr. Dorris read over my reviews prior to this, so being it was my first. Just going to take what ever you guys can throw at me, and improve my next review [which will be the Modded ShurEY 840 and the HE 400 REV 3] and maybe by December I can get the You Tube Channel going and then I'll really need to flesh out a real system to doing the Video Reviews 


Edited by Mshenay - 9/17/13 at 8:39pm
post #90185 of 152080
I'm surprised that Uchoten Kazoku's BD have English subs. Rather than buying them piecemeal, I'll just wait for the boxset (if the DVD/BD sales are fine, that is).
post #90186 of 152080
Another music documentaries watched. This time "Pump Up The Volume - A History Of House Music" (parts 1 and 2, 3rd had no sound or something, possibly something wrong on my end) and "High Tech Soul - The Creation of Techno Music".
Because why not. Actually, both were pretty good.
post #90187 of 152080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post

Another music documentaries watched. This time "Pump Up The Volume - A History Of House Music" (parts 1 and 2, 3rd had no sound or something, possibly something wrong on my end) and "High Tech Soul - The Creation of Techno Music".
Because why not. Actually, both were pretty good.

 

I've got the first one you posted Saved for later today. Anyways off to bed q.q c u guys in the morning 

post #90188 of 152080
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

I talked with Analog Devices, Cirrus Logic, and Texas Instruments today. Being in the audio field, reviewing, and doing some random ass projects with Borisu jumped me to the top of the list.

Well yeah, I'll bet. What other freshman college student would have that kind of experience?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkAwesome View Post
 

Like Sony V6? 

 

I'm impressed. 

 

If it was MDRVx00 stuff I'm not surprised. They don't make them like they used to

Er yeah, I meant the V6, 7506, 7509, and others like that.

post #90189 of 152080
Holy... that episode 8 in Uchoten Kazoku ... 10/10
post #90190 of 152080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Want a quick look at the story of Outbreak Company?

....

Nevermind, I'll post it anyway.

No.

Just...no.

Yes. Obviously yes when you have the word MOE in the description.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

This anime....wow.



It really is the funniest anime I've seen since....I started watching anime, I guess biggrin.gif

The whole concept of cure girls talking about the most random schiit is just ingenious. Very very well executed!



Oh and I seriously like this ED. The vocals are surprisingly non-nervewrecking.

+1 Joshiraku
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkAwesome View Post

That isn't a fair comparison though. 

The Z1 has Sony's latest and greatest sensor. Said sensor will probably make its way around to quite a few high end phones that may or may not handle the rest of the camera better than Sony has. Like recent iPhones use Sony's sensor and takes better pics than Sony's own phones using the same sensor. 

It might be the most recent, but the Z1 is only slightly younger than the HTC One or S4, though recent rumors about a new Xperia(codenamed Avatar) is pretty intersting.
post #90191 of 152080
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Yeah the Sony MDR-V series are pretty much all plastic except for the adjustable headband and those last for ages.

 

I switched to the V-MODA LP myself after I busted my MDR-V150s too much for electric tape to be effective.  Still, Sony can make some really good on the cheap headphones.

post #90192 of 152080

post #90193 of 152080
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post
 

Well yeah, I'll bet. What other freshman college student would have that kind of experience?

 

Er yeah, I meant the V6, 7506, 7509, and others like that.

 

I dropped some internships and what not on there as well  

:gs1000smile:

 

I'm currently working on my own personal website(for getting me hired, and as a future entrepreneur) as well as getting the domains for my new audio/tech review website!

 

My current work in progress website is just my first and last name. I'm saying this so only people who know me on facebook can see my site while its updating. My CV is already on there as well. I'm just experimenting with web design right now

post #90194 of 152080

OMG Help! I have no idea how to go about proving this... (@_@)

 

post #90195 of 152080
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 

OMG Help! I have no idea how to go about proving this... (@_@)

 

Well you can start with the basic properties of even and odd functions.

 

E(x) = E(-x)

-O(x) = O(-x)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge