or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6004

post #90046 of 165798
Agreed. Never realised how annoying Eren and Mikasa is in manga. The side characters are much more interesting when given voice and color in the anime, but wasn't that... Uhh outstanding in the manga. All I'm saying is that the anime added on the manga in both good and bad aspects of the manga.
post #90047 of 165798

Going on a wild goose chase installing programs to get what I want....

Plot graphs in LaTeX -> Need GNUPlot

Install GNUPlot -> Need MacPorts

Install MacPorts -> Forever 1 minutes left =_=

 

UPDATE:

Install GNUPlot using MacPorts -> Needs Xcode command line tools (which doesn't come with the latest Xcode)

 

FML


Edited by akiroz - 9/16/13 at 1:52am
post #90048 of 165798
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Going on a wild goose chase installing programs to get what I want....
Plot graphs in LaTeX -> Need GNUPlot
Install GNUPlot -> Need MacPorts
Install MacPorts -> Forever 1 minutes left =_=

UPDATE:
Install GNUPlot using MacPorts -> Needs Xcode command line tools (which doesn't come with the latest Xcode)

FML

Don't plot graphs in LaTeX. It's not worth the hassle.

Get yourself Mathematica, and use it to export graphs to PDF. They're really good actually. Plus, it's extremely easy to make good graphs in Mathematica, in contrary to GNUPlot where you're stuck to elementary functions and simple data processing only.

Or instead of Mathematica you could of course use Maple or Matlab, whatever floats your boat. Though AFAIK Mathematica has the best graphics.
Edited by Tilpo - 9/16/13 at 1:58am
post #90049 of 165798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


Don't plot graphs in LaTeX. It's not worth the hassle.

Get yourself Mathematica, and use it to export graphs to PDF. They're really good actually. Plus, it's extremely easy to make good graphs in Mathematica, in contrary to GNUPlot where you're stuck to elementary functions and simple data processing only.

Or instead of Mathematica you could of course use Maple or Matlab, whatever floats your boat. Though AFAIK Mathematica has the best graphics.

I dont have any of those installed on my computer and I'm already half-way done installing GNU Plot (T_T)

post #90050 of 165798
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

I dont have any of those installed on my computer and I'm already half-way done installing GNU Plot (T_T)

Get Mathematica. It's super easy to pirate.
post #90051 of 165798
I made a cheesecake for my brothers birthday (which was yesterday). Half of the cake was still left, which is not surprising since one slice (1/8th) packs a whopping 900kcal. Now I'm having it for lunch, and I feel stuffed after like 4 bites. -.-
post #90052 of 165798
Even on a Mac though? tongue.gif

Yay, started packing up my stuff tonight. All my figurines (including ecchi ones) made it into one box, and my CDs/BDs/eroge (both copies of Saya no uta) made it into another box.

Tom I will answer your Facebook question tomorrow; don't want my mom giving me schiit for being
on Facebook at 2AM...
post #90053 of 165798
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Even on a Mac though? tongue.gif

Mathematica works just fine on Mac, common Linux distros, and Windows. The graphics engine is best on Windows, especially when using 3D graphs, but it's definitely still usable on Linux and Mac. Pirating is really quite easy on all of them, and if absolutely necessary I can fetch you a legal copy for free, but I'd rather not do that too often as you may understand.
post #90054 of 165798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Even on a Mac though? tongue.gif

Mathematica works just fine on Mac, common Linux distros, and Windows. The graphics engine is best on Windows, especially when using 3D graphs, but it's definitely still usable on Linux and Mac. Pirating is really quite easy on all of them, and if absolutely necessary I can fetch you a legal copy for free, but I'd rather not do that too often as you may understand.
I'm not asking for one; I can probably get a free legal copy as well through school.

Nooooooooooooooooo, tamako market S2 announced... mad.gif
post #90055 of 165798
Yeah you can get Mathematica for free. I still have yet to learn how it works. The sideways typing cursor confuses me. Lol
post #90056 of 165798
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Yeah you can get Mathematica for free. I still have yet to learn how it works. The sideways typing cursor confuses me. Lol

It confused me at first as well, but I had obligatory courses at uni teaching Mathematica, which frankly was awesome since I now use it really often.
post #90057 of 165798
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post
 

Yay, I just won an eBay auction for Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (unopened) for $15.49 + $3.99 shipping.

:beerchug:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

I made a cheesecake for my brothers birthday (which was yesterday). Half of the cake was still left, which is not surprising since one slice (1/8th) packs a whopping 900kcal. Now I'm having it for lunch, and I feel stuffed after like 4 bites. -.-

Cheesecake = best cake

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Tom I will answer your Facebook question tomorrow; don't want my mom giving me schiit for being
on Facebook at 2AM...

No problemo ;)

post #90058 of 165798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Cheesecake = best cake

Indeed. Highest energy density of common cakes AFAIK biggrin.gif
Plus, it's super easy and quick to make.
post #90059 of 165798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

I made a cheesecake for my brothers birthday (which was yesterday). Half of the cake was still left, which is not surprising since one slice (1/8th) packs a whopping 900kcal. Now I'm having it for lunch, and I feel stuffed after like 4 bites. -.-

Haha, I like the spongy type cheesecake more.

post #90060 of 165798
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Haha, I like the spongy type cheesecake more.

This was 90% dairy product (the rest is sugar and chocolate) and it was really dense. biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge