Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 5973

post #89581 of 130757

Episode 10 of Watamote is actually really sad and far less cringe-inducing than normal.
Poor Tomoko.

post #89582 of 130757
Why do people demand so much storage on iDevices? I don't even use 3 GB and I have a good 15 albums on my iPhone 4S; about 30 lossless albums on the iPod Video including HD albums is less than 20 GB. What the heck do you guys put on your devices?
Edited by miceblue - 9/11/13 at 9:52am
post #89583 of 130757
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

What made you think it did? 128GB NAND Flash the size of a dime isnt cheap to intergrate. Also it cuts into profits. Charts have shown for past devices following the +$100 for double the storage have less profits the higher tier you buy as the phones base cost and 16GB is much more profitable than phone base and the mass producable and easy 64GB. At 128GB, it is once again not easy as most companies arent actively participating in devices with storage at that size.

Just from reading articles online. Less profits cuz the margins are lower per phone or cuz they sell less of them?

http://www.isuppli.com/Teardowns/News/Pages/Many-iPhone-5-Components-Change-But-Most-Suppliers-Remain-the-Same-Teardown-Reveals.aspx

Which one are you buying panda?
post #89584 of 130757

The iPhone 5C sounds like a giant scam.
The insides are identical to the iPhone 5.
I assume they just take all the phones that they got from this trade-in thing Apple did and just slap a new case on them.
Totaly okay to charge $500 for a green case.

post #89585 of 130757
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Why do people demand so much storage on iDevices? I don't even use 3 GB and I have a good 15 albums on my iPhone 4S; about 30 lossless albums on the iPod Video including HD albums is less than 20 GB. What the heck do you guys put on your devices?

I only have a 16GB iPhone 4 that I use as my TV, PC, and sound system. I also have no service on it so would like to keep all my stuff local to use when I'm away from wifi.

Currently I'm here:


I actually have more stuff in a 64GB flash drive but can't fit it all 😔

The two vids are AOT episodes BTW 😀

Also have MOAR music on a third party app:

Edited by UnityIsPower - 9/11/13 at 10:16am
post #89586 of 130757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

The iPhone 5C sounds like a giant scam.

The insides are identical to the iPhone 5.

I assume they just take all the phones that they got from this trade-in thing Apple did and just slap a new case on them.

Totaly okay to charge $500 for a green case.

For what the iPhone 5C is, what do you think they should sell at mate?

http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/9/11/4718736/apple-iphone-5c-gold-5s-downgrades-stock-price-falls
Edited by UnityIsPower - 9/11/13 at 10:57am
post #89587 of 130757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

The iPhone 5C sounds like a giant scam.

The insides are identical to the iPhone 5.

I assume they just take all the phones that they got from this trade-in thing Apple did and just slap a new case on them.

Totaly okay to charge $500 for a green case.
Ever take a business or law class?
That would be illegal. Taking refurb parts and labeling as new

Next, it is more un profitable to take used iphone 5, test the parts and try to put in 5C

The whole point of 5C besides user individuality is that it destroys the idea that for $100, instead of just getting a last yr version for cheaper, you get a "new" phone for cheap.

5C=idea of new and individualistic
post #89588 of 130757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Episode 10 of Watamote is actually really sad and far less cringe-inducing than normal.
Poor Tomoko.

 

She should stop being sad and be awesome instead. True Story.

post #89589 of 130757
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Why do people demand so much storage on iDevices? I don't even use 3 GB and I have a good 15 albums on my iPhone 4S; about 30 lossless albums on the iPod Video including HD albums is less than 20 GB. What the heck do you guys put on your devices?
I ran out of storage space before :s
I do have a few games and apps which take a few GB, the rest mainly being music.

Lets say that at the time I did have one WAV album though... Lol. More than 15 albums total though; much more.
post #89590 of 130757
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post


For what the iPhone 5C is, what do you think they should sell at mate?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post


Ever take a business or law class?
That would be illegal. Taking refurb parts and labeling as new

Next, it is more un profitable to take used iphone 5, test the parts and try to put in 5C

The whole point of 5C besides user individuality is that it destroys the idea that for $100, instead of just getting a last yr version for cheaper, you get a "new" phone for cheap.

5C=idea of new and individualistic



I went to a business school for three years.
Doesn't matter when my brain gets all herp derp after two months of summer vacation.

I'm dumb and I did not think when I wrote this poste. Shame on me.


Still a bit disappointed from this press conference.
I'm also a bit skeptical about this fingerprint thingy. Sounds cool and useful, but getting my fingerprint stolen by some hacker person or the government would be pretty lame.
That's always a possibility.

post #89591 of 130757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post



I went to a business school for three years.

Doesn't matter when my brain gets all herp derp after two months of summer vacation.


I'm dumb and I did not think when I wrote this poste. Shame on me.



Still a bit disappointed from this press conference.

I'm also a bit skeptical about this fingerprint thingy. Sounds cool and useful, but getting my fingerprint stolen by some hacker person or the government would be pretty lame.

That's always a possibility.

I would have preferred they "hid" the sensor ring but appreciate the new material on the home button. My button has a good amount of scratches.

It also doesn't always register the click, same for power button. I took really good care of it and never had it inside a case. I later sold it to my brother and purchased it back from him in a less then stellar condition...
post #89592 of 130757
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Why do people demand so much storage on iDevices? I don't even use 3 GB and I have a good 15 albums on my iPhone 4S; about 30 lossless albums on the iPod Video including HD albums is less than 20 GB. What the heck do you guys put on your devices?

I only have a 16GB iPhone 4 that I use as my TV, PC, and sound system. I also have no service on it so would like to keep all my stuff local to use when I'm away from wifi.

Currently I'm here:


I actually have more stuff in a 64GB flash drive but can't fit it all 😔

The two vids are AOT episodes BTW 😀

Also have MOAR music on a third party app:

Ah okay. I thought you only had music on there.

 

I just counted my music stuff on my current hard drive. They're pretty much all CD rips and included are EAC logs and full-resolution cover art. I have around 190 GB worth of music, around 300 albums, and that includes around 30 HD albums. I don't even actively listen to 1/3 of them, let alone listening to 1/3 of that 1/3 for mobile use. I see absolutely no reason why anyone would need more than 64 GB of space for music on a portable media player.

 

@ iPhone 5s

What if someone stole your iPhone and obtained your fingerprints from the phone itself, used those prints to make a copy of your fingerprint, and unlocked your phone that way?


Edited by miceblue - 9/11/13 at 11:25am
post #89593 of 130757
Then that robber deserves that iPhone 5S if he went through all that
/s
post #89594 of 130757

Hey you never know, people steal iPhones all over the place at the UW. -.-

post #89595 of 130757
So now, not only do I risk losing my 5S but also my thumb smily_headphones1.gifbiggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge