Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 5814

post #87196 of 149628
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


Sure, if I can afford the hotel. Maybe I can share a room with another H-Fer? ^_^
Exactly!

:D Deadly? He only chases loli's so you should be in the clear biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


That is cute. Where do I get it?
Dude, what the hell is wrong with that orientation camp?
There better be copious amounts of alcohol.
Grow. Up.
Beer is awesome. But it's definitely an acquired taste. Only recently did I truly start to enjoy the taste of beer, and I remember the times when I disliked the taste but still drank it to fit in.

In short, if you don't like beer. Drink more beer.
Then again you're a minor, so please refrain.
Damn, that's a lot.
In truth I don't own a single CD. Not even one. And I feel ashamed or this fact since I love music so much.
Dude, $400 for single trip is still cheap.
I want to go to Kyoto next year, and the cheapest flights from Amsterdam to Kansai Intl are €700, which is about twice that.

I can't read dutch.... -_-

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0o0o View Post

Ha

Haha

Ha

Hahaha

Haha

Hahaha.

 

Ha.

 

KimiMachi 5 Spoiler (Click to show)

 

:RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE:

 

Asuka banzai!

I haven't been watching the anime..but dayum, those graphics....

post #87197 of 149628
Finished the first chapter of Danganronpa.
Really liked it so far.

However (chapter 1 spoiler), Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
WTF happened to that model girl? She has been declared dead at the end of the first chapter, but I don't remember reading anything about it. I haven't exactly payed attention, but wasn't she during the trial? The idol was killed, the killer was executed but she?

Edited by Accoun - 8/20/13 at 8:15am
post #87198 of 149628
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0o0o View Post

Ha
Haha
Ha
Hahaha
Haha
Hahaha.

Ha.
KimiMachi 5 Spoiler (Click to show)



:RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE:

Asuka banzai!

What is so Hahahaha about that? :-(
post #87199 of 149628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

What is so Hahahaha about that? :-(

Hyouka was moe as hell, and you know it.
post #87200 of 149628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Hyouka was moe as hell, and you know it.

So what? How does that make it less realistic etc? Sure, Monster is waaay more serious etc but I hope you still get what kind of similarities I'm talking about.
post #87201 of 149628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

So what? How does that make it less realistic etc? Sure, Monster is waaay more serious etc but I hope you still get what kind of similarities I'm talking about.

You were talking about cliche-ish anime things.
Well to be honest whenever there is a lot of moe I feel like the author is taking me for a stupid brain-dead pervert. I wish they'd stop doing it in so many shows, it would allow me to take shows more serious as well as reducing the negative reputation of anime.
post #87202 of 149628

@ Micey

If you do instal Win 8 for your MBP, go to Device Manager and see if you have any 'problems'. They will be shown with yellow warning signs

 

Windows 8 is not fully supported by Bootcamp so there will be some problems. Let me know if you do. I kept getting system crashes until I found that important management drivers were not installed.

post #87203 of 149628
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I'm going to guess you are using your popo to host it? If so, it and your connection is a bit slow to load the page. 
God, everyone complaining about the first-time load... the slowness is when downloading the very nice looking background. One it gets fully downloaded once, it should be cached and the site will speed up. (but remember, it's just a $30.00 server. Don't expect amazing speeds on my 4Mb/s upload.

If it bugs you that much, read the thread in the general information section.
post #87204 of 149628
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

@ Micey
If you do instal Win 8 for your MBP, go to Device Manager and see if you have any 'problems'. They will be shown with yellow warning signs

Windows 8 is not fully supported by Bootcamp so there will be some problems. Let me know if you do. I kept getting system crashes until I found that important management drivers were not installed.

Mhmm, sure thing. I might uograde today.

Also, beware of titans at the UW mechy... :/
post #87205 of 149628
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post


Mhmm, sure thing. I might uograde today.

Also, beware of titans at the UW mechy... :/

Ok I've had it

 

I recommend NOT to instal Windows 8 on Bootcamp as of yet

 

It does not work well for me at all.

 

Why? The Windows Support Drivers Apple downloads for your specific config are fine. But the problem is that for me, most of them don't work OR are out of date, OR have hidden problems

 

I've been hit with about 4 different BSOD errors leading to bad drivers.

 

First problems I noticed was the SMU Bus and Coproccesor drivers were basically not installed. Why? The Windows Support drivers were only meant for Windows 7 as Bootcamp only supports it. Most drivers didn't instal or didn't instal properly. 

 

After I got those installed, I was hit with an error where my GPU crashed the entire system. Ok, bootback up, install newest driver off Nvidia Website whilst checking to see if they support my specific Nvidia made for Apple only GPU? Done

 

Now? Still more Memory Pool errors. Device Manager shows no errors meaning that basically. I need to either sit through and manually install every single driver for every single thing until this is fixed in safe mode....or I could just instal Windows 7.

post #87206 of 149628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


You were talking about cliche-ish anime things.
Well to be honest whenever there is a lot of moe I feel like the author is taking me for a stupid brain-dead pervert. I wish they'd stop doing it in so many shows, it would allow me to take shows more serious as well as reducing the negative reputation of anime.

I really don't think that there was so much typical anime stuff in Hyouka. At least nothing that was really over the top.
To me, animes like K-On are Moe, but Hyouka? Not that much if you ask me. But I might just have to get my moe definition straight :P


Nevermind.
Have some good music.


post #87207 of 149628
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post


Mhmm, sure thing. I might uograde today.

Also, beware of titans at the UW mechy... :/

Ok I've had it

 

I recommend NOT to instal Windows 8 on Bootcamp as of yet

 

It does not work well for me at all.

 

Why? The Windows Support Drivers Apple downloads for your specific config are fine. But the problem is that for me, most of them don't work OR are out of date, OR have hidden problems

 

I've been hit with about 4 different BSOD errors leading to bad drivers.

 

First problems I noticed was the SMU Bus and Coproccesor drivers were basically not installed. Why? The Windows Support drivers were only meant for Windows 7 as Bootcamp only supports it. Most drivers didn't instal or didn't instal properly. 

 

After I got those installed, I was hit with an error where my GPU crashed the entire system. Ok, bootback up, install newest driver off Nvidia Website whilst checking to see if they support my specific Nvidia made for Apple only GPU? Done

 

Now? Still more Memory Pool errors. Device Manager shows no errors meaning that basically. I need to either sit through and manually install every single driver for every single thing until this is fixed in safe mode....or I could just instal Windows 7.

Hm that's interesting. I've been to the local Microsoft Stores before and they say a lot of their Rehtyna Display Mac customers come in to install Windows 8...so it must work with that. After work I can go to the library's tech center and as if students with Mac have had troubles with Windows 8; or go the Microsoft Store itself.

post #87208 of 149628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

$250 is cheap? blink.gif

Whatever, I'll just stick with what I have for now.
Oh, and here's the stuff I got from Japan (courtesy of Kalbee) on the right, with ALL the Japanese CDs I had before on the left:

Damn, that's a lot.
In truth I don't own a single CD. Not even one. And I feel ashamed or this fact since I love music so much.

Yeah, seems silly to spend more on headphones than music, so I'm trying to fix that eventually.

And it's all good stuff I love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Sigh, from what Kalbee tells me, plane tickets are gonna be more expensive by that time. If I was gonna splurge on a more expensive ticket, I'd go near Christmas for comiket to be honest..,
Dayum, so many people going to Japan. Meanwhile I'm probably just blowing smoke out of my arse when I say I'd ever be able to afford a trip over there... frown.gif

I've been saving up for over 4 years now. Lol. Having this damned hobby didn't help either. Fortunately Airasia has cheaper rates. Example: If I were to buy a ticket right now for April, it'd cost me about RM1.1k(3.35 exchange with Usd) for a full return trip. smily_headphones1.gif

Dang, I'm jelly. I'm looking at a plane ticket being at least $1000 -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


Sigh, from what Kalbee tells me, plane tickets are gonna be more expensive by that time. If I was gonna splurge on a more expensive ticket, I'd go near Christmas for comiket to be honest..,
Dayum, so many people going to Japan. Meanwhile I'm probably just blowing smoke out of my arse when I say I'd ever be able to afford a trip over there... frown.gif

Well from what I was told, autumn and spring are best seasons for scenery. And we can imagine why... momiji + sakura.
Summer is just vacation time so it's more expensive. Winter i dunno. I suspect Christmas times will be expensive no matter what.

Yeah, that makes sense. The times you wanna go the most are going to be the most expensive. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegunner100 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

FUU, everything is going on sale right now, right after I buy it... -_-

 

Also, this:

The good stuff is about to begin! That being said, I'd love to go to Reitaisai if it falls on a good day. The last two years it was on may 25/26 so it was after school had ended :D

I'd personally love to go to winter comiket, but it falls right on Christmas almost every year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


Sure, if I can afford the hotel. Maybe I can share a room with another H-Fer? ^_^
Exactly!

:D Deadly? He only chases loli's so you should be in the clear biggrin.gif

Lol, I have on qualms with sharing a room with him, as long as he wouldn't bring any hostages back... ph34r.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Also, beware of titans at the UW mechy... :/

LOL, will do

post #87209 of 149628

Bowei yo

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5639

Quote:

Which versions of Windows work with Boot Camp 5?
You can use:

  • Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
  • Microsoft Windows 8 Pro (64-bit)
  • Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
  • Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-bit)
  • Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)

Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Enterprise versions of Windows 7 and Windows 8 are not supported.

 

That's why I asked why Enterprise yesterday. No one has support for Enterprise. -.-

 

Also


Edited by miceblue - 8/20/13 at 11:54am
post #87210 of 149628
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Hm that's interesting. I've been to the local Microsoft Stores before and they say a lot of their Rehtyna Display Mac customers come in to install Windows 8...so it must work with that. After work I can go to the library's tech center and as if students with Mac have had troubles with Windows 8; or go the Microsoft Store itself.

Probably just my Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Yeah, seems silly to spend more on headphones than music, so I'm trying to fix that eventually.

And it's all good stuff I love.

Dang, I'm jelly. I'm looking at a plane ticket being at least $1000 -_-

Yeah, that makes sense. The times you wanna go the most are going to be the most expensive. :(

I'd personally love to go to winter comiket, but it falls right on Christmas almost every year...

Lol, I have on qualms with sharing a room with him, as long as he wouldn't bring any hostages back... ph34r.gif

LOL, will do

Hostages? lol, :) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Bowei yo

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5639

 

That's why I asked why Enterprise yesterday. No one has support for Enterprise. -.-

 

Also

Fudge

 

I have Enterprise version.....damn........

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge