Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 5806

post #87076 of 130273
post #87077 of 130273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post

G-senjou was awesome. To me, more romance than "psychological thriller" like in the description, but awesome.

I finished Muv Luv but never started Alternative. Might have to revisit it after I'm done with Koikishi, Bunnyblack and Grisaia..... Whenever that is.

Yes, start Alternative, especially since you've already gone through extra/unlimited! It's longer than both games combined (assuming meiya/sumika in extra and just 1 char in unlimited). But, Alternative is on a totally different level than unlimited/extra. The #1 rated VN on vndb isn't just hype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Are we able to play Alt before playing Muv Luv?

I would recommend reading extra/unlimited first, or at the very least, summaries. Extra is a typical cliche filled school life story that introduces you to all the characters. Reading it allows you to get to know them, and contrast them with their versions in unlimited/alternative. There are some subtle hints to Unlimited/Alternative's world while playing Extra though, so look out for those. Unlimited was pretty decent, but really just a teaser for Alternative as its ending really leaves you hanging and wanting for more. But still, necessary as the backstory to Alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

Alright some pictures as sorta promised.

 

For starters, forgot to post this.

Yup, thats coffee (well latte) and you can see it has quite the marketing... lol

 

 

Kinda NSFW (Click to show)

 

 

Just some of the crazy things you can do with this kind of mousepads w/ clear windows :D

Blotched out the whole body even though it isn't completely naked. Still, we got kids here. And it's too risque for Head-Fi rules.

 

Of course, did not keep that picture there. Pondering on what to put instead.

Remember that Ferrari in Akiba with SnK? (Click to show)

 

Well there's more to that.

 

 

 

 

A maid Porsche, SnK Ferrari, and Rozen Maiden Limousine.

From what I then understood, these cars belong to a maid cafe-slash-pharmacy.

Brilliant owner that had a pharmacy in Akiba decided to add a maid cafe and rake in extra profits. Notice all those license plates.

 

(P.S. by pharmacy, they sell medications, not entirely sure if they also carry prescription drugs. But they also sell drinks and etc, so kind of like a convenience store but generally a little cheaper)

 

 

Comiket stuff. (Click to show)

 

Yup. Those are all the doujinshi I brought back this time (and made my luggage overweight). Only the lower-right corner stuff are mostly bought in stores. And that signed board (non-original) was from store also as present for spending X amount.

 

JUST FOR THE RECORD, in all the stuff you see there, only 3 contain minor nudity (and are rough sketches at that).

 

This is my collection. Now I gotta add the stuff from the previous pic in here.

Looking back... damn, I spent way too much on this, I have soooo many.

 

 

 

Speaking of Neptune stuff, like I said. Land of lollies are totally Nintendoland.

/jealous and how's the coffee? I bought some coffee soda yesterday and it tastes pretty amazing. Will post pics later.

post #87078 of 130273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Oh man I really need to get started with this anime. This chapter was fun.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegunner100 View Post

how's the coffee? I bought some coffee soda yesterday and it tastes pretty amazing. Will post pics later.

Not bad. Definitely not a very strong one.

Though it wasn't as crazy sweet as some other Japanese one so I guess not bad. Speaking of which, that coffee milk company even had a booth at Comiket lol.

post #87079 of 130273

I'm not really happy with the way Oreimo ended.
The episodes were good (really sad parts, really funny parts and well executed romance stuff), but the overall ending was a little bit too

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

unrealistic for me.

Mr. MC went through all this schiit (refusing all the girls etc) just to get together with his little sister and when she suggested to "break up" after graduation, he is totaly fine with that! He did not hesitate one second when he accepted that.
Okay, they played couple for a few weeks (?), eventually even "married" and kissed and after that they were all like "nah, whatever, it was nice". That is totaly not how a sane being would act. And what about all the consequences this wil have in the future? How can one honestly think that they will just get over this short phase? It's not like they are some 13 year old who play lesbian for a while until they get tired of it....what Kirino and her brother went through is something completely different and way more serious.
The whole incest thing and picking Kirino was fine by me, but they should have handled this "path" differently.

The only not-really-that-plot-relevant thing in the last episodes I did not like, was this little cosplay brat confessing to the MC. She had so little screentime etc and it just felt like they wanted to stuff some plotholes with a little bit of tragic romance. The scene wasn't even 4 minutes long. Unnecesary if you ask me.

Oh and @panda
I understand how you feel about the ending but...nah it was just not really for me.


Edited by Tom Yum Goong - 8/19/13 at 8:22am
post #87080 of 130273
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I'm not a fan of metro programs and how they intergrate. They are too pop open in your face and 'seperate' feeling. Not to mention, the video playback, photo viewing applications still suck in usability. 

Same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

I don't remember Fantom drives having good ratings, or fans for that matter. I spent $105 on a WD red drive, which is rated to have a higher MTBF time than other drives. And it's supposed to allow about 180MB/s roughly, much better then those crappy WD green drives. And then I spent $35 on the enclosure, but I can use that with whatever next drive I choose to buy, assuming SATA 2/3 are still being used...

No, they've been good.

 

WD Red is basically the new 24/7 drive in replacement for the AV drives in my eyes, although it's purpose is for NAS or RAID which you guys probably know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post


Fantoms are pretty good, actually. I use WD External Drives for back-ups personally. I think I have 8 now, ranging from 500Gb to 2TB ones.

Same. I remember Fantoms being pretty good.

 

WD makes good external drives, same with Seagate. Hitachi also does a good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Wut?

post #87081 of 130273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

I'm not really happy with the way Oreimo ended.
The episodes were good (really sad parts, really funny parts and well executed romance stuff), but the overall ending was a little bit too

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

unrealistic for me.

Mr. MC went through all this schiit (refusing all the girls etc) just to get together with his little sister and when she suggested to "break up" after graduation, he is totaly fine with that! He did not hesitate one second when he accepted that.
Okay, they played couple for a few weeks (?), eventually even "married" and kissed and after that they were all like "nah, whatever, it was nice". That is totaly not how a sane being would act. And what about all the consequences this wil have in the future? How can one honestly think that they will just get over this short phase? It's not like they are some 13 year old who play lesbian for a while until they get tired of it....what Kirino and her brother went through is something completely different and way more serious.
The whole incest thing and picking Kirino was fine by me, but they should have handled this "path" differently.

The only not-really-that-plot-relevant thing in the last episodes I did not like, was this little cosplay brat confessing to the MC. She had so little screentime etc and it just felt like they wanted to stuff some plotholes with a little bit of tragic romance. The scene wasn't even 4 minutes long. Unnecesary if you ask me.

Oh and @panda
I understand how you feel about the ending but...nah it was just not really for me.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

I honestly wished they'd have gone the Toradora route with how it ended. Give me a light-hearted  end, give me a fast forwarded view into a hidden romance 10 years down the road, give me the "she's not really related to you" cliche. Just give me something!

 
PS: Not really hating on the end, my imagination is already painting a picture of them both after graduation, and leaving the house.

 

post #87082 of 130273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Usually good to bad is better than the opposite. As the opposite usually just means you got used to the bad while in the other case, you got tired of the good

case in point my HFI's and the Q701's. 

No in both cases it means your brain is adjusting towards the image of neutrality.
Your brain just keeps adjusting until the headphones/speakers have a fairly neutral sound signature. All fidelity is lost as well like this, unless you actually look for it by e.g. comparing it to other devices.

It hardly even matters how good our headphones are, because we have the amazing ability of making them sound as we expect they should sound. This of course doesn't mean that heavy bass becomes not-so-heavy bass all of the sudden, but it simply means that we get used to it to the point of it sounding 'normal'.


Of course this is just based on personal experience primarily, and I unfortunately do not have any studies to back up my strong claims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Nah, I just wanted to try sleep deprivation once..... I failed. Fell asleep in the middle of watch monogatari 7. frown.gif

Why on earth would you want to try sleep deprivation?
'cos all the cool kids do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Better to have key repeat on than the stupid foreign language thing pop up that you'll likely use less often than keyboard repeat.

Plus, there's the whole alt+key options.

über awesome with excellenté åcceñts with cool Greek ∆ symbols and temperatures in ˚ç √2 ≠ 2 ± 0.2

I wish I could do accents through the Mac way on Windows. As it is I'm stuck with US International, which has the crappy feature of having to press space bar after a quotation mark or apostrophe. As a result I'm switching back and forth between US and US International all the time. Also because US doesn't have the '€' sign.

So an iBud can sound just as good as a SR-009 if I belive in the heart of the diaphragm?
post #87083 of 130273
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post


So an iBud can sound just as good as a SR-009 if I belive in the heart of the diaphragm?

That is a bit extreme.

 

Ugh, want the MDR-MA900...not sure on amp and dac...Magni and Modi? A bit overkill for headphones with such low impedance.

post #87084 of 130273
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

So an iBud can sound just as good as a SR-009 if I belive in the heart of the diaphragm?

Did you know that sarcasm makes for a bad counter argument since it comes of arrogant and hinders further discussion?
post #87085 of 130273
Yeah well "it simply means that we get used to it to the point of it sounding 'normal'" wasn't exactly a good starting point either. -_-

To many people, the iBud sounds 'normal.'
post #87086 of 130273
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Yeah well "it simply means that we get used to it to the point of it sounding 'normal'" wasn't exactly a good starting point either. -_-

To many people, the iBud sounds 'normal.'


And the Earpod is actually quiet decent SQ-wise.

And regarding this EQ talk...while I also think that iBud to SR-009 example is a bit extreme, I also don't think that one could EQ, let's say, an ER4 to sound like a Shure 535. The insides(filter, crossover, driver-type blabla) is just too different. While it might "sound" like the 535, you will never get the same soundstage, seperation, impact and so on.

post #87087 of 130273
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post


And the Earpod is actually quiet decent SQ-wise.

And regarding this EQ talk...while I also think that iBud to SR-009 example is a bit extreme, I also don't think that one could EQ, let's say, an ER4 to sound like a Shure 535. The insides(filter, crossover, driver-type blabla) is just too different. While it might "sound" like the 535, you will never get the same soundstage, seperation, impact and so on.

Sort of curious what the new earpod sounds like. Maybe I'll get it for dirt cheap and just try EQing it (pink noise).

post #87088 of 130273
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

But how hot do they get when transferring data?

This was mine last night while transferring all my torrents:

That wasn't even the hottest it got...

Ouch, that's no good! Impress all dem jocks in your mansion with your mad azn computer skills!!

TThere are no jocks there :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

Mhm. And the load-up is slower than many conventional software you already normally use for video/picture viewing.

Just change the default program for the types of files you want to switch back.

The Apps come in handy sometimes where you need a bit more screen separation.

yeah that too

 

The POP OUT is also hated by me...like seriously. GTFO of my face. Even an SSD wouldn't save it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post


Ohai :3
Only 3 points...damn shame.


Hmm I might have to borrow some money from my mom...I really want to pre-order a DX50 before they are all sold out here in Germany :/
I really really hope to get at least 120€ from selling my J3. My good 'ol friend is worth at least a bazillion bucks but whatever :'(

yep 3 points only :)

 

let us know how the DX50 is

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

Alright some pictures as sorta promised.

 

For starters, forgot to post this.

Yup, thats coffee (well latte) and you can see it has quite the marketing... lol

 

 

Kinda NSFW (Click to show)

 

 

Just some of the crazy things you can do with this kind of mousepads w/ clear windows :D

Blotched out the whole body even though it isn't completely naked. Still, we got kids here. And it's too risque for Head-Fi rules.

 

Of course, did not keep that picture there. Pondering on what to put instead.

Remember that Ferrari in Akiba with SnK? (Click to show)

 

Well there's more to that.

 

 

 

 

A maid Porsche, SnK Ferrari, and Rozen Maiden Limousine.

From what I then understood, these cars belong to a maid cafe-slash-pharmacy.

Brilliant owner that had a pharmacy in Akiba decided to add a maid cafe and rake in extra profits. Notice all those license plates.

 

(P.S. by pharmacy, they sell medications, not entirely sure if they also carry prescription drugs. But they also sell drinks and etc, so kind of like a convenience store but generally a little cheaper)

 

 

Comiket stuff. (Click to show)

 

Yup. Those are all the doujinshi I brought back this time (and made my luggage overweight). Only the lower-right corner stuff are mostly bought in stores. And that signed board (non-original) was from store also as present for spending X amount.

 

JUST FOR THE RECORD, in all the stuff you see there, only 3 contain minor nudity (and are rough sketches at that).

 

This is my collection. Now I gotta add the stuff from the previous pic in here.

Looking back... damn, I spent way too much on this, I have soooo many.

 

 

 

Speaking of Neptune stuff, like I said. Land of lollies are totally Nintendoland.

Lol, Rikkun has posted worse pics and gotten away with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaixax555 View Post

Hi people, it has been a while since I came here

 

busy with military commitments, and a reignited passion for speedcubing

 

Just cleared Seitokai no Ichizon yesterday, currently clearing Chunnibyou (though I am going back to camp in less than two hours)

 

Now I am wondering whether to finish the LN of Oreimo first or finish the anime first

Nice! Favorite weapons so far?

 

Get into tank division? Ask your company if Signapore can apply for Tank Biathalons with Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegunner100 View Post

Yes, start Alternative, especially since you've already gone through extra/unlimited! It's longer than both games combined (assuming meiya/sumika in extra and just 1 char in unlimited). But, Alternative is on a totally different level than unlimited/extra. The #1 rated VN on vndb isn't just hype.

I would recommend reading extra/unlimited first, or at the very least, summaries. Extra is a typical cliche filled school life story that introduces you to all the characters. Reading it allows you to get to know them, and contrast them with their versions in unlimited/alternative. There are some subtle hints to Unlimited/Alternative's world while playing Extra though, so look out for those. Unlimited was pretty decent, but really just a teaser for Alternative as its ending really leaves you hanging and wanting for more. But still, necessary as the backstory to Alternative.

/jealous and how's the coffee? I bought some coffee soda yesterday and it tastes pretty amazing. Will post pics later.

Thanks! Now I get it! I thoguth both were the same!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

I'm not really happy with the way Oreimo ended.
The episodes were good (really sad parts, really funny parts and well executed romance stuff), but the overall ending was a little bit too

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

unrealistic for me.

Mr. MC went through all this schiit (refusing all the girls etc) just to get together with his little sister and when she suggested to "break up" after graduation, he is totaly fine with that! He did not hesitate one second when he accepted that.
Okay, they played couple for a few weeks (?), eventually even "married" and kissed and after that they were all like "nah, whatever, it was nice". That is totaly not how a sane being would act. And what about all the consequences this wil have in the future? How can one honestly think that they will just get over this short phase? It's not like they are some 13 year old who play lesbian for a while until they get tired of it....what Kirino and her brother went through is something completely different and way more serious.
The whole incest thing and picking Kirino was fine by me, but they should have handled this "path" differently.

The only not-really-that-plot-relevant thing in the last episodes I did not like, was this little cosplay brat confessing to the MC. She had so little screentime etc and it just felt like they wanted to stuff some plotholes with a little bit of tragic romance. The scene wasn't even 4 minutes long. Unnecesary if you ask me.

Oh and @panda
I understand how you feel about the ending but...nah it was just not really for me.

 

Yeah, BUT, recent developments happend that showed us that this wasn't the ending the writer wanted
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

It was posted by him that his publisher would NOT allow for a full incest ending. Thus he had to make this half half type of thing. Full incest ending for an extremely popular anime like Oreimo would not have been good. And would throw more Japanese politicians fire into the mix

 

post #87089 of 130273
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Sort of curious what the new earpod sounds like. Maybe I'll get it for dirt cheap and just try EQing it (pink noise).

The new earpods are pretty dayum good for music enjoyment. Obviously not anything neutral or studio. Far from it.

 

IT sounds similar to my AKG K422's in that its warm and what not with the difference there being that it doesn't have the upper mid spike, and is much darker.

 

For a bundled with earphone, this is the best there is from a consumer company. 

post #87090 of 130273
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

yep 3 points only :)

let us know how the DX50 is

I'm sure the point system goes something like "the less points the better".
This glorious soup, beaten by a pasta sauce and some weird kind of croquette....not acceptable.

I have high hopes in this little bugger!


@Oreimo
I see...kind of understandable. Does the VN/LN/whatever end a bit more "drastic"?
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge