Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 5802

post #87016 of 154469
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I don't have any problems with it smily_headphones1.gif

I personally loved Princess Waltz. Execution, fantastic Animation quality, game system, and beautiful graphics were its top qualities. The plot is decent VN wise, but if it was an anime, it would have one of the deepest plots of the season. 

smily_headphones1.gif

FINALLY!

Another person who has played Princess Waltz! I thought I was the only one!

Yeah, too bad it didn't get too much attention. I can't believe Princess Lover got a series but not Waltz.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I love Suzushiro's gap between her personality and fighting style. I laughed when I first saw it.
post #87017 of 154469
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Exactly. Caught you there. :p

http://lifehacker.com/5826055/make-your-keyboard-keys-repeat-properly-when-held-down-in-mac-os-x-lion

 

Better to have key repeat on than the stupid foreign language thing pop up that you'll likely use less often than keyboard repeat.

 

Plus, there's the whole alt+key options.

 

über awesome with excellenté åcceñts with cool Greek ∆ symbols and temperatures in ˚ç √2 ≠ 2 ± 0.2

I would keep it this way as I don't do the repeats. The only time I do repeats, I tape the key as many times as I want the repeat.

post #87018 of 154469
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegunner100 View Post

Hmm I see. From where I came from (geekhack), most users there were older than me. I guess for reference, I am starting my junior year of college next week!

Haven't been on Geekhack for a long, long time already. I do want a WASD V2 TKL though with MX Clear switches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Man, the ASG-2 thread is almost on AAMML level when it comes to speed and random off-topic posts.

Challenge accepted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Nope, I downloaded them last night to test out my new seedbox but haven't gotten around to watching them yet, lol.


I am sick and tired of all these schiity external drive enclosures. All of them that I've looked at either get really hot (my buffalo drivestation DDR I bought last week gets up to 55 C when transferring files) or are really slow because they use those really low power drives. So I just said screw it and ordered a rosewill USB 3/esata enclosure with an 80mm fan and WD Red 2TB hard drive.

Oh, and I used shoprunner just to get free 2 day shipping on the enclosure from newegg. Went to cancel and they offered me 90 days extra for free, plus if I use it three more times in the next three months, they claim to give me a year for free! tongue.gif


I also finally blew up my analog multimeter working on my car last night, so I also ordered a new digital auto-ranging meter. :D

Fantom, I think it was, makes external HDD's that use WD drives and the enclosures have decent ventilation, I think.

 

I prefer not to make my own external HDD as it is usually more expensive and the ones that companies make like WD or Seagate are already superb...sort of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegunner100 View Post

You get 7gb free for using Skydrive from microsoft. Mainly using it cause it integrates so well with windows and windows phone.

Ew...Skydrive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

:O I got 50.75GB for dropbox.

Nice. Thinking about getting a dropbox so I can backup all of my music and some other stuff. Only at a small 19.2GB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

This man deserves a medal xD

This has to be one of the funniest things I've seen in a looong time biggrin.gif
Glorious!

Attack on hentai! (Free! edition)

LOL. That was hilarious! This man deserves a cookie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I'm currently just starting Mizuha's :) hehe.

 

I got my Macbook Pro setup for College yesterday! :)

 

Upgraded to Moutain Lion 10.8 yesterday for my Mac. Installed my Univ's VPN. And installed Windows 8 Enterprise on Bootcamp

 

 

G Senjou is a self contained non installing game(or at least the version I have of it is) so I can just copy the stuff to the Mac and play it that way. :) 

Windows 8 has a beautiful aesthetic and I do like cloud integration but I do want to give Microsoft the middle finger for Skydrive integration; as nice as it is, Skydrive is...meh. Then again, Linus Torvalds can do that for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

I don't like Mountain Lion all that much. I modded it in so many ways. XD

Basically what I do for Win 7. Aero Glass...ew...

post #87019 of 154469

Just played the Mizuha bad end

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

dayum that was fast........

post #87020 of 154469
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

 

 

Fantom, I think it was, makes external HDD's that use WD drives and the enclosures have decent ventilation, I think.

 

I prefer not to make my own external HDD as it is usually more expensive and the ones that companies make like WD or Seagate are already superb...sort of.

Ew...Skydrive...

Nice. Thinking about getting a dropbox so I can backup all of my music and some other stuff. Only at a small 19.2GB.

LOL. That was hilarious! This man deserves a cookie.

Windows 8 has a beautiful aesthetic and I do like cloud integration but I do want to give Microsoft the middle finger for Skydrive integration; as nice as it is, Skydrive is...meh. Then again, Linus Torvalds can do that for me.

Basically what I do for Win 7. Aero Glass...ew...

I'm not a fan of metro programs and how they intergrate. They are too pop open in your face and 'seperate' feeling. Not to mention, the video playback, photo viewing applications still suck in usability. 

post #87021 of 154469
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Nope, I downloaded them last night to test out my new seedbox but haven't gotten around to watching them yet, lol.


I am sick and tired of all these schiity external drive enclosures. All of them that I've looked at either get really hot (my buffalo drivestation DDR I bought last week gets up to 55 C when transferring files) or are really slow because they use those really low power drives. So I just said screw it and ordered a rosewill USB 3/esata enclosure with an 80mm fan and WD Red 2TB hard drive.

Oh, and I used shoprunner just to get free 2 day shipping on the enclosure from newegg. Went to cancel and they offered me 90 days extra for free, plus if I use it three more times in the next three months, they claim to give me a year for free! tongue.gif


I also finally blew up my analog multimeter working on my car last night, so I also ordered a new digital auto-ranging meter. :D

Fantom, I think it was, makes external HDD's that use WD drives and the enclosures have decent ventilation, I think.

 

I prefer not to make my own external HDD as it is usually more expensive and the ones that companies make like WD or Seagate are already superb...sort of.

I don't remember Fantom drives having good ratings, or fans for that matter. I spent $105 on a WD red drive, which is rated to have a higher MTBF time than other drives. And it's supposed to allow about 180MB/s roughly, much better then those crappy WD green drives. And then I spent $35 on the enclosure, but I can use that with whatever next drive I choose to buy, assuming SATA 2/3 are still being used...

post #87022 of 154469
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

I don't remember Fantom drives having good ratings, or fans for that matter. I spent $105 on a WD red drive, which is rated to have a higher MTBF time than other drives. And it's supposed to allow about 180MB/s roughly, much better then those crappy WD green drives. And then I spent $35 on the enclosure, but I can use that with whatever next drive I choose to buy, assuming SATA 2/3 are still being used...

Fantoms are pretty good, actually. I use WD External Drives for back-ups personally. I think I have 8 now, ranging from 500Gb to 2TB ones.
post #87023 of 154469

Anyway, gearing up to do a computer heat overhaul in my college dorm as a way of showing off da skills. I'm not kidding

 

Both my Macbook Pro, GPU, and Desktop CPU are in desperate need of applying a fresh tint of thermal paste. 

 

My Mac's temperatures on normal operation are 10C higher than when I first got them. I'm running fans at 2X the normal fan rate by default (just like I did when I first got it) so it's no issue. at 4000rpm, I'm getting about 46C right now. I used to get about 36C when I first got it. This is due to the fans on the bottom getting dusty etc etc and the thermal paste and crap stock stuff they used.

 

My CPU literally...is caked dry right now. I need to get some on there. It's normal operation temperature is also 46C. Not bad at all, but it should be around 38C. GPU is about 15C above normal fully fixed operating temperature. (The 5770 had one of the lowest idle and load temps of its time and even now.). The 5770 should idle at around 35-45C and full load gaming at 55C. This is amazing temperatures of course and only achievable back when I cleaned everything out and applied new paste. This is of course even with the stock cooler. 

post #87024 of 154469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

I don't remember Fantom drives having good ratings, or fans for that matter. I spent $105 on a WD red drive, which is rated to have a higher MTBF time than other drives. And it's supposed to allow about 180MB/s roughly, much better then those crappy WD green drives. And then I spent $35 on the enclosure, but I can use that with whatever next drive I choose to buy, assuming SATA 2/3 are still being used...

Fantoms are pretty good, actually. I use WD External Drives for back-ups personally. I think I have 8 now, ranging from 500Gb to 2TB ones.

But how hot do they get when transferring data?

This was mine last night while transferring all my torrents:

That wasn't even the hottest it got...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Anyway, gearing up to do a computer heat overhaul in my college dorm as a way of showing off da skills. I'm not kidding

 

Both my Macbook Pro, GPU, and Desktop CPU are in desperate need of applying a fresh tint of thermal paste. 

 

My Mac's temperatures on normal operation are 10C higher than when I first got them. I'm running fans at 2X the normal fan rate by default (just like I did when I first got it) so it's no issue. at 4000rpm, I'm getting about 46C right now. I used to get about 36C when I first got it. This is due to the fans on the bottom getting dusty etc etc and the thermal paste and crap stock stuff they used.

 

My CPU literally...is caked dry right now. I need to get some on there. It's normal operation temperature is also 46C. Not bad at all, but it should be around 38C. GPU is about 15C above normal fully fixed operating temperature. (The 5770 had one of the lowest idle and load temps of its time and even now.). The 5770 should idle at around 35-45C and full load gaming at 55C. This is amazing temperatures of course and only achievable back when I cleaned everything out and applied new paste. This is of course even with the stock cooler. 

Ouch, that's no good! Impress all dem jocks in your mansion with your mad azn computer skills!!

post #87025 of 154469
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I'm not a fan of metro programs and how they intergrate. They are too pop open in your face and 'seperate' feeling. Not to mention, the video playback, photo viewing applications still suck in usability. 

Mhm. And the load-up is slower than many conventional software you already normally use for video/picture viewing.

Just change the default program for the types of files you want to switch back.

The Apps come in handy sometimes where you need a bit more screen separation.

post #87026 of 154469
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

But how hot do they get when transferring data?
This was mine last night while transferring all my torrents:


That wasn't even the hottest it got...

The QuadGreens I test were nowhere near that, about 35c iirc, I remember a peak at about 38 though.
post #87027 of 154469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

But how hot do they get when transferring data?
This was mine last night while transferring all my torrents:


That wasn't even the hottest it got...

The QuadGreens I test were nowhere near that, about 35c iirc, I remember a peak at about 38 though.

But again, green drives, which means **** performance...

post #87028 of 154469
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

But again, green drives, which means **** performance...

Yeah. And most of their Quad drives are Greens with variations(eSATA, usb 3.0 etc) There's a 7200rpm version but I don't know how well those work.

Reds and blacks tend to be the staple if you like performance. I like WD Element Blacks.
post #87029 of 154469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

But again, green drives, which means **** performance...

Yeah. And most of their Quad drives are Greens with variations(eSATA, usb 3.0 etc) There's a 7200rpm version but I don't know how well those work.

Reds and blacks tend to be the staple if you like performance. I like WD Element Blacks.

Oh yeah. I have a WD black 1TB in my PC as my main drive. $90 before the HDD "crash", but now the 2TB variant was $150, whereas a 2TB WD Red was only $105.

post #87030 of 154469
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Oh yeah. I have a WD black 1TB in my PC as my main drive. $90 before the HDD "crash", but now the 2TB variant was $150, whereas a 2TB WD Red was only $105.

Nvm. Saw the prices on Amazon
Edited by Exesteils - 8/19/13 at 12:25am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge