Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 5801

post #87001 of 153946
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegunner100 View Post

Yeah the translations for VNs are a lot more raw than in animes, since there are no age restricitons. Makes it more realistic and fun to read :P

 

Ahh... so that's why 2:00 in the OP looked so familiar. I loved 5cm per second, and was able to relate to it on a more personal level. The animation in Muv Luv Alternative was better than on any other VN that I've read. If Ef comes anywhere close to that level, then I'd be pretty impressed.

 

Enjoy reading g-senjou! I'm done with Grisaia for tonight, off to bed I go! 

Yeah, so raw and hilarious!! :)

 

 

I have never played Muv LUv Alt. The EF VN proably won't as I read it was a bit basic.

 

 

Oyasumi!

post #87002 of 153946
G-senjou was awesome. To me, more romance than "psychological thriller" like in the description, but awesome.

I finished Muv Luv but never started Alternative. Might have to revisit it after I'm done with Koikishi, Bunnyblack and Grisaia..... Whenever that is.
post #87003 of 153946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post

G-senjou was awesome. To me, more romance than "psychological thriller" like in the description, but awesome.

I finished Muv Luv but never started Alternative. Might have to revisit it after I'm done with Koikishi, Bunnyblack and Grisaia..... Whenever that is.

Are we able to play Alt before playing Muv Luv?

post #87004 of 153946
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Are we able to play Alt before playing Muv Luv?

No. If I recall correctly you need to get both main heroines, Meiya and Sumiya. Then the start screen changes and you can choose Unlimited.

F***. Nevermind, disregard everything I said. Alternative is the sequel, I got it messed up with Unlimited.
Edited by Exesteils - 8/18/13 at 9:35pm
post #87005 of 153946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post


No. If I recall correctly you need to get both main heroines, Meiya and Sumiya. Then the start screen changes and you can choose Alternative.

Oh ok thanks! :)

 

I don't have the time for that game sadly......gosh..

post #87006 of 153946
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Oh ok thanks! smily_headphones1.gif

I don't have the time for that game sadly......gosh..


^^Edited. My memory is hazy as I played them 2yrs ago. Alternative is a standalone sequel so you can jump into the sci-fi right away. What I remembered was Unlimited.
post #87007 of 153946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post


^^Edited. My memory is hazy as I played them 2yrs ago. Alternative is a standalone sequel so you can jump into the sci-fi right away. What I remembered was Unlimited.

Gosh, Don't know what to do.

 

Anyway, glad I'm doing the Mizuha route in G Senjou

post #87008 of 153946
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Gosh, Don't know what to do.

Anyway, glad I'm doing the Mizuha route in G Senjou

The setting' pretty good. I read all the way up to the training stage, setting's pretty pretty realistic.

I only dropped it because Majikoi got released iirc.
post #87009 of 153946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post


The setting' pretty good. I read all the way up to the training stage, setting's pretty pretty realistic.

I only dropped it because Majikoi got released iirc.

Oh! I playyed that game! :)

 

Borisu recommmended it to me.

 

Nothing too fantastic with that one.

post #87010 of 153946
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegunner100 View Post

Less effort, less reward! Finish G-senjou, even if you skip the side character routes eek.gif

I'm currently just starting Mizuha's :) hehe.

 

I got my Macbook Pro setup for College yesterday! :)

 

Upgraded to Moutain Lion 10.8 yesterday for my Mac. Installed my Univ's VPN. And installed Windows 8 Enterprise on Bootcamp

 

I don't like Mountain Lion all that much. I modded it in so many ways. XD

post #87011 of 153946
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Oh! I playyed that game! smily_headphones1.gif

Borisu recommmended it to me.

Nothing too fantastic with that one.
Yeah, nothing wrong with it but I can't really recommend it either.

If it's a comedy-battle themed VN then I think Princess Waltz did better.
post #87012 of 153946
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

I don't like Mountain Lion all that much. I modded it in so many ways. XD

I don't have any problems with it :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post


Yeah, nothing wrong with it but I can't really recommend it either.

If it's a comedy-battle themed VN then I think Princess Waltz did better.

I personally loved Princess Waltz. Execution, fantastic Animation quality, game system, and beautiful graphics were its top qualities. The plot is decent VN wise, but if it was an anime, it would have one of the deepest plots of the season. 

 

:)

 

FINALLY!

 

Another person who has played Princess Waltz! I thought I was the only one!

post #87013 of 153946
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

I don't like Mountain Lion all that much. I modded it in so many ways. XD

I don't have any problems with it :)

Cccccccaaaaaaaannnnnnn yyyyyyyooooouuuuuuu ttttttyyyyyypppppppeeee lllliiiiikkkkkkkeeee ttttttttthhhhhiiiiiiissssss bbbbbbyyyyyy jjjjjjjjjuuuuuusssssssttttt holding down the keyboard keys?

post #87014 of 153946
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Cccccccaaaaaaaannnnnnn yyyyyyyooooouuuuuuu ttttttyyyyyypppppppeeee lllliiiiikkkkkkkeeee ttttttttthhhhhiiiiiiissssss bbbbbbyyyyyy jjjjjjjjjuuuuuusssssssttttt holding down the keyboard keys?

Damn....... I just tried it and some silly assed foreign language selector popped up lol. But seriously..... who would want to do that?

post #87015 of 153946
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Cccccccaaaaaaaannnnnnn yyyyyyyooooouuuuuuu ttttttyyyyyypppppppeeee lllliiiiikkkkkkkeeee ttttttttthhhhhiiiiiiissssss bbbbbbyyyyyy jjjjjjjjjuuuuuusssssssttttt holding down the keyboard keys?

Damn....... I just tried it and some silly assed foreign language selector popped up lol. But seriously..... who would want to do that?

Exactly. Caught you there. :p

http://lifehacker.com/5826055/make-your-keyboard-keys-repeat-properly-when-held-down-in-mac-os-x-lion

 

Better to have key repeat on than the stupid foreign language thing pop up that you'll likely use less often than keyboard repeat.

 

Plus, there's the whole alt+key options.

 

über awesome with excellenté åcceñts with cool Greek ∆ symbols and temperatures in ˚ç √2 ≠ 2 ± 0.2


Edited by miceblue - 8/18/13 at 10:26pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge