- 10,082 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: Selected Ambient Hype 85 - 92
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q701, HE-400, D5000 and Matrix M-Stage? Last post on 8/3/14 at 5:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
These were actually my first pair of mixing headphones. I can definitely say they worked for me at the time, but this is also the time I did not acknowledge the importance of EQ & compression. I...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 5541
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My thought process must not make sense to most here. But that's common knowledge by now.
What fascinates me is that the speakers measure ruler flat, it's just the room that's messing everything up!
There's no escaping room treatment, it'd be a waste of good speakers to let them sing like that, hell, that graph makes headphones look flat in comparison.
A 10m x 1.2m roll of 25mm sound absorbing material only runs about USD$130 here, I'd imagine it'd be a fair bit cheaper in your neck of the woods.
But the thing is that my current setup sounds perfect to me
No point changing what's already good right?
Yep, that's all that matters.
I wouldn't call it good...but then again, it doesn't have to be.
Just watched Kimi no iru Machi 1
bit confused as of now, hopefully next ep will clear things up.
never knew there were so many different accents in japan
Yep, watching right now
Most of us here are going to be watching it.
Wow, you must be getting a huge amount of disposable income next week then
I have now spent 9 hours on KSP over these two days.
Basically, it is recommended to go into it without knowing anything so you can spend tens of hours figuring crap out
I watched the 30 min Youtube Video which explains almost all the basics and used a basic rocket design schematic from the wiki.
From there on out, its another 5 hours of troubleshooting and learning why it works and how to start building your own rockets.
Oh gosh its a good game.
How was it?
Our thread has had way more meetups than I would have ever imagined -_-
From Seattle to HK
Gotcha Yeah...it sucks in quality.... but makes up for it in ear retching quantity!
I shall take this compliment
The moment I saw it, the first thing that popped into my head was you.
hmm? Try again?
I and a few others use dBpoweramp. Others use MAx,Foobar, and maybe even EAC
sorry, do not know them
Must be from the tensions of being in the military that made him buy those figurines!
I know right
Once you get used to it, it gets about as quick as a regular razer, you just need to be reminded that an exposed blade is there, and to keep the angle....and of course to never swipe the handle, only drag it(you swipe the handle..you cut your face up)
How much did you pay for it?
Most recommend lathers(lather, lather bowl, lather brush) and sample blade sets to personalize everything to your face.
I didn't do that lol
But if the blade is too sharp, or too dull, or your face gets red and a bit irritated afterwards, a new blade or lather would work well for you.
It wears off. I had this effect and it wore off after a while, now I use both pretty much equally
From the EAC guide it said that if you browse the item folder it will cause it to crash, so you have to type it in manually. But it still doesn't seem to work. Weird....
As someone who has been raised to appreciate lossless by the what.cd community, I always use EAC whenever I rip a CD.
Hmmm.... I wanna say search for the files using the start menu search bar, but I'm unsure if that would work. What I do is I have a main rip folder and then I use EAC to create the artist and album subfolders.
Tried using the search bar but nothing came up :(
According to e-Bay, I'll get mine by the 20th...but mechy can answer that!
I almost exclusively use EAC to rip my CDs. That's weird that they didn't show up; it's never happened to me before.
Maybe you can try making the path name shorter?
E.g. Mine is simply at C:/EAC_Rips
Yeah, I used to use it in my old computer and it worked fine. But I brought a new computer recently and encountered this problem.
More of a red bean ice person or coffee mixed with tea.
Probably the few exceptions...
Japanese Engrish is alright in music, at least in PERFUME stuff. Since they don't try to make it sound like proper English in the first place but イングリッシュ. There's no fault there.
Yup. It also just continues to add to our already 80k + posts already.
@Mice, hmm okay, I admit I was listening a little louder than usual... But it was less than 30 minutes, so I should be fine.
The road noise in my mom's car on the highway can kind of raise the bar on what volume sounds "normal" or safe if you will...
Wow, you start early!
The number of meetups by members of this thread is TOO DAMN HIGH!
I think Tracy currently holds the record :/
Nah, unless you count my friends that I convinced to join the forum (we didn't hang out more because of HF or anything) then borisu or mice probably holds "the record".
Guess I can always wait a little longer though since phone prices will always be dropping.
Plugged them straight in at the meet and it still didn't blow anything up...
I need to try and explain stuff in my own terms, else I can't argue with people in real life. So why not try with a pointless panties this.
This is normally what my browser looked like: (Click to show)I use this extension to quickly see what I got open when it turns ugly: (Click to show)This is nice and all but, often times it turns into this: (Click to show)
It's okay when it's for pointless panties, but I always liked to keep my pointless panties open, and usually with work too. If and when there's a few windows that have multiple tabs and panties became too many, it's kind of hard to rearrange and take note of stuff quickly.
That's where Opera came in for a few while.
I did say that other that the built-in mouse gesture function that it have, I love its tab-stacking.
Its not that hard to stack em. Just drag and drop them on top of each other to create stacks, and hover over them to see whats inside a stack. (Click to show)
But I did say back then though that I like to see what I have open constantly, and Chrome worked for me when I'm not too crazy with clicking stuff. So Opera let me get a bit more organized and still have me tabs opened for that 0.001% chance I'll click on that tab that I opened 3 months ago.
But I went back to Chrome because Reasons. But then Chrome seems to get fat too, and grieving me with the constant logging out from MAL, so I decided to move back to Fatfox after 5 (?) years.
Amazing I should say, although there's still some things that they do some other way. But pros first.
Looks tame does it? (Click to show)
WRONG (as expected)
This is what I have opened in actuality. General panties for the big one, pixiv tabs that I still havent lost my time in yet, and some other stuff that I want to have open, or at least reminded of but not looking to messy. One niggle that I have with tab grouping in firefox is that it only has a button/keyboard shortcut to open this overlay, but not tell me that I have tab groups up or not. At least give me a counter in the button up there in the top right when Im not in the overlay. (Click to show)
Constant, visible on-hand information is key in my web browsing, and Firefox seems to fit me best right now. Sure, I miss some of the extensions that I have in Chrome, like that Lazarus extension that saves text in whatever form box I type in (so I don't really lose what I typed in Head-Fi, for example, when HF decided it's the best time to f88ck up), or (LAZARUS) All Mangas Reader, which, again, is all about constant, visible on-hand information on mangas that I read. I'll also miss Opera's mouse gesture.
Edited by jgray91 - 7/17/13 at 7:26am
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › love+918437414770 problem solution baba ji 10 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › love+918437414770 marriage vashikaran specialist baba ji 1 minute ago
- › love +918437414770marriage specialist babaji 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 6 minutes ago
- › She is Called Esther ---SOUNDAWARE New Portable Player Thread Updated 7 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 8 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2