Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 5532

post #82966 of 137446
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Ah, sweet. I think I'm just gonna use my iPad with keyboard at the start of uni. If that doesn't work, I'll buy the Haswell refreshed MBPs.
Oh my gawd, the feels from this song!


It even seems they mastered the guitars fairly decently!

You know I have that CD + the score book set? biggrin.gif Was so sad to find out mine didn't come with the guitar pick D:
The recording on that one is one of the better (in the album). Still not that good to my dismay.
Hearing scratching sounds when it clips at the best parts = brings tears to your eyes for the wrong reasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0o0o View Post

Lies. Not liking Cowboy Bebop is so far from understandable that borisu might as well be an alien. 
Well, Boris did have like a 96% sinister rating from that music listing site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Music View Post

Hi,

new to this thread. How is everyone doing?

Some of the animes that I like are Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Outlaw Star, Kimagure Orange Road, Touch, Maison Ikkoku, Akira, Ocean Waves, Yu Yu Hakusho, Makoto Shinkai, Satoshi Kon etc.
Welcome biggrin.gif
I can't handle many of those older shows, though I see some of them aren't even titles of shows.
Cowboy Bebop was nice. I wouldn't praise it into high heavens like many though. Maybe it's just me? biggrin.gif
post #82967 of 137446
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post


Dayum dude! Your username reminds me of another member that used to come here frown.gif

I recommend shin angyo onshi manga, and possibly Akumetsu. Steins gate and shin sekai yori as anime are some good suggestions for your tastes as are infinite ryvius and heroic age

Thanks for the recs.

 

Akumetsu seems like something that I would like.

 

I'll check it out later, thanks.

post #82968 of 137446
Haven't we confirmed time and time again that borisu's taste is subpar?? :P
post #82969 of 137446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Music View Post

Thanks for the recs.

Akumetsu seems like something that I would like.

I'll check it out later, thanks.
Yep. The others also seem to be in your boat.

@accoun
I tolerate gits sac, dont really dig it
post #82970 of 137446
Just got done with Blood Lad ep. 1. It's okay I guess. Although, I have to say that all the female characters so far are busty and not anorexic, slightly on the chubby side. :3
post #82971 of 137446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

I can think of one reason, but I won't post it on this thread because it would probably offend a lot of people... confused_face.gif

Then it's probably not a good reason :D

Frankly, I think it's a very good reason.

 

Although this wasn't what I was going to say originally, but it is a guaranteed job if you can pass the qualifications to get enlisted. And at least in America, they will help you out with Uni after you serve for 6 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Haha. I must say that that's only like a .000001% difference that I have to strain to hear though.

That's probably why I'm going to go with the Leckerton UHA-4 instead of the 6S or any other "portable" amp. I don't care about that fraction of a percent of a difference in SQ, as long as the amp doesn't have horrible noise or high distortion (like the E11), I just want an output impedance correction device essentially, that will work as my iPod's only headphone out since the headphone jack is broken and I'm too lazy to take it apart and fix it...

And I want something that's actually portable. Unlike some of the people in the portable rig thread that have stacks of equipment that are literally bigger than bricks...


my portable rig consist of an iPod and a $10 earphone. tongue.gif

remember less components = less distortion. (usually)

iPod 5G uses a wolfson DAC/Amp anyway.

Blegh, who cares what brand of DAC it is lol, it's a dang portable rig.

I still have my friend's iPod classic 5/5.5G that I need to replace the HDD on. Hopefully it's a 5.5G that will accept 160GB drives. Then I can make it into an iMod and it'll be awesome! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

I can think of one reason, but I won't post it on this thread because it would probably offend a lot of people... confused_face.gif

Try us. :P

I'd rather not. I don't want to insult those who have served in the military. Whatever their reasons are, they're serving their country and protecting my arse from whatever threat may be facing the nation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post


my portable rig consist of an iPod and a $10 earphone. tongue.gif
remember less components = less distortion. (usually)
iPod 5G uses a wolfson DAC/Amp anyway.
Aand my portable rig now consists of an android phone driving those same $10 earphones with a 16384 tap convolver capable of correcting all linear distortion tongue.gif

Hmm, too bad they don't make any rootable Android PMPs that can hold more than 80GB... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post


Try us. :P

I'm not sure if I want to hear it :(
Will probably make me sad.

It's not a sad reason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Ah, sweet. I think I'm just gonna use my iPad with keyboard at the start of uni. If that doesn't work, I'll buy the Haswell refreshed MBPs.
Oh my gawd, the feels from this song!
It even seems they mastered the guitars fairly decently!
You know I have that CD + the score book set? biggrin.gif Was so sad to find out mine didn't come with the guitar pick D:
The recording on that one is one of the better (in the album). Still not that good to my dismay.
Hearing scratching sounds when it clips at the best parts = brings tears to your eyes for the wrong reasons.

Waaaat, me jelly~

Though if I had to pick one CD to get from Angel beats, it would be the OP/ED CD; it's sad to say this but $14 for an OP and ED is quite a good deal.

post #82972 of 137446

Hehe, I like how just right after finishing Angel Beats the other night, my wallpapers on my netbook quit cycling at this image:

And I just cleaned up my desktop too so it's a lot less cluttered. 

post #82973 of 137446
@mechy, PM me? At least I'm the only one that's curious, and there's no risk of hurting other people that way. But if you still don't want to, I understand.
And done with Muromi-san too. So far, all mermaid-based anime have delivered an 8/10 100% of the time. Although I don't like it when one of the bustier mermaid is in an episode since 1) she has exaggerated oppai, 2) that fact is used to exaggerated, painful effect. Other than that, I'm totally fine with Muromi-san. 8/10
post #82974 of 137446
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

@mechy, PM me? At least I'm the only one that's curious, and there's no risk of hurting other people that way. But if you still don't want to, I understand.

I'll just send you a message over FB if that's okay?

post #82975 of 137446
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Hehe, I like how just right after finishing Angel Beats the other night, my wallpapers on my netbook quit cycling at this image:

And I just cleaned up my desktop too so it's a lot less cluttered. 

 

A "Desktops" folder on your desktop? Fairly suspicious...

 

But if I had to make a good guess, its for your wallpapers.

post #82976 of 137446
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

@mechy, PM me? At least I'm the only one that's curious, and there's no risk of hurting other people that way. But if you still don't want to, I understand.
I'll just send you a message over FB if that's okay?

Whichever that's comfortable for you, I don't mind.
post #82977 of 137446
Uchoten Kazoku is... interesting. For now, I'm following it because this is the first time that I've seen Kumeta's art so different. Colour me surprised.
post #82978 of 137446

Hm, I decided to buy Sanctum 2 on Steam for the heck of it since it looked pretty interesting. I probably won't buy anything else from Steam unless Toki Tori 2+ gets a further discount and/or Final Fantasy VII is on sale.

post #82979 of 137446
Reminding everyone that this is what our thread starter, haibunyan, looks like:

post #82980 of 137446

Music from Japan!


Without stupid vocals. Who needs vocals anyway ♥

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge