- 10,082 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: Selected Ambient Hype 85 - 92
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q701, HE-400, D5000 and Matrix M-Stage? Last post on 8/3/14 at 5:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 5530
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I tolerate gits sac, dont really dig it
Frankly, I think it's a very good reason.
Although this wasn't what I was going to say originally, but it is a guaranteed job if you can pass the qualifications to get enlisted. And at least in America, they will help you out with Uni after you serve for 6 years...
Haha. I must say that that's only like a .000001% difference that I have to strain to hear though.
That's probably why I'm going to go with the Leckerton UHA-4 instead of the 6S or any other "portable" amp. I don't care about that fraction of a percent of a difference in SQ, as long as the amp doesn't have horrible noise or high distortion (like the E11), I just want an output impedance correction device essentially, that will work as my iPod's only headphone out since the headphone jack is broken and I'm too lazy to take it apart and fix it...
And I want something that's actually portable. Unlike some of the people in the portable rig thread that have stacks of equipment that are literally bigger than bricks...
my portable rig consist of an iPod and a $10 earphone.
remember less components = less distortion. (usually)
iPod 5G uses a wolfson DAC/Amp anyway.
Blegh, who cares what brand of DAC it is lol, it's a dang portable rig.
I still have my friend's iPod classic 5/5.5G that I need to replace the HDD on. Hopefully it's a 5.5G that will accept 160GB drives. Then I can make it into an iMod and it'll be awesome! :D
I'd rather not. I don't want to insult those who have served in the military. Whatever their reasons are, they're serving their country and protecting my arse from whatever threat may be facing the nation...
Hmm, too bad they don't make any rootable Android PMPs that can hold more than 80GB... :(
It's not a sad reason...
The recording on that one is one of the better (in the album). Still not that good to my dismay.
Hearing scratching sounds when it clips at the best parts = brings tears to your eyes for the wrong reasons.
Waaaat, me jelly~
Though if I had to pick one CD to get from Angel beats, it would be the OP/ED CD; it's sad to say this but $14 for an OP and ED is quite a good deal.
Hehe, I like how just right after finishing Angel Beats the other night, my wallpapers on my netbook quit cycling at this image:
And I just cleaned up my desktop too so it's a lot less cluttered.
And done with Muromi-san too. So far, all mermaid-based anime have delivered an 8/10 100% of the time. Although I don't like it when one of the bustier mermaid is in an episode since 1) she has exaggerated oppai, 2) that fact is used to exaggerated, painful effect. Other than that, I'm totally fine with Muromi-san. 8/10
I'll just send you a message over FB if that's okay?
A "Desktops" folder on your desktop? Fairly suspicious...
But if I had to make a good guess, its for your wallpapers.
Whichever that's comfortable for you, I don't mind.
Hm, I decided to buy Sanctum 2 on Steam for the heck of it since it looked pretty interesting. I probably won't buy anything else from Steam unless Toki Tori 2+ gets a further discount and/or Final Fantasy VII is on sale.
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 8 seconds ago
- › Making own tube amp from scratch? 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr - $499/£399 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Focus Pads 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 5 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2