Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 5528

post #82906 of 130612
Wut did I just watch 3 times on loop?
post #82907 of 130612
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Any other university's you want to go to though?

My college has an exchange program with that school...but only for ocean engineering/studies students

Not yet....

 

ocean engineering?? what on earth is that?

post #82908 of 130612
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Not yet....

ocean engineering?? what on earth is that?
I don't know. I think it said Ocean Studies and Geography or something as the majors for the exchange program.

Anyway, at least you know you are wanted! OMEDETOU!
post #82909 of 130612
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Yep biggrin.gif

tho I really wish they hadn't called me in the middle of a H scene........
(playing majikoi since 6am, now 9am.)
Well at least you get some good news to fap to rolleyes.gif

:wants to photoshop a bukkake H scene with a dialog box saying "[getting into CU] Omedetou!":

Was this the one where you missed the guaranteed offer by one point?
post #82910 of 130612
I just spent 32 minutes watching a Kerbal Space Program youtube tutorial.

BOUGHT THE GAME! biggrin.giftongue.gifcool.gifrolleyes.gif

.....I have a schit ton of games I haven't touched yet....but hey WHO CARES!
post #82911 of 130612
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Any other university's you want to go to though?

My college has an exchange program with that school...but only for ocean engineering/studies students

Not yet....

 

ocean engineering?? what on earth is that?

That's the catch. Ocean engineering isn't on earth. It's for repopulating Mars. Us earthlings must engineer a proper ocean on Mars so that we can fall back there when the sun gets hotter.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

W00T!!!

Accepted at The Chinese University of Hong Kong biggrin.gif

Nice! Congratulations! :))

post #82912 of 130612
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

That's the catch. Ocean engineering isn't on earth. It's for repopulating Mars. Us earthlings must engineer a proper ocean on Mars so that we can fall back there when the sun gets hotter.

Now that's hardcore! eek.gif

post #82913 of 130612

Now I've spent almost 24 hours with my F5's and I have to say... using speakers is a very different experience compared to headphones.

Well first of all, most of the fine details I hear in headphones are gone. This was really obvious when I listened to my vinyl rip of Tori no Uta, the vinyl scratching noise is almost gone.

But on the good side, the sound stage is simply amazing. It feels really weird how my sense of sight and hearing are disagreeing with each other, when I close my eyes it feels like I'm at the actual performing venue but once my eyes are open I get sounds coming from strange places (i.e. inside a wall)..... well at least that's what it feels like.

post #82914 of 130612
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Now I've spent almost 24 hours with my F5's and I have to say... using speakers is a very different experience compared to headphones.

Well first of all, most of the fine details I hear in headphones are gone. This was really obvious when I listened to my vinyl rip of Tori no Uta, the vinyl scratching noise is almost gone.

But on the good side, the sound stage is simply amazing. It feels really weird how my sense of sight and hearing are disagreeing with each other, when I close my eyes it feels like I'm at the actual performing venue but once my eyes are open I get sounds coming from strange places (i.e. inside a wall)..... well at least that's what it feels like.

As is the case with speakers. We were discussing this at the last local meet actually. Headphones are crap when it comes to actually enjoying the music since you hear all the nuisances in music and they try to reproduce the imaging of a speaker and often fails.

 

Also I was kidding with the ocean engineering thing. XD

post #82915 of 130612
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Went to Best Buy today in Portland and got a Logitech iPad keyboard. I was going to have them price match Amazon at $45 (it's originally $70) but it turns out it was on sale for $35 already! XD
Oh, and I talked to salespeople from Intel and Apple about laptops. The intel guy was funny because he basically said there wasn't anything at BB that was like I wanted, and the guy for Apple actually talked me down to the 13.3" MacBook Pro with Reteyenuh display instead of the 15.6" I had my eye on before. And they're even on MORE of a sale than the Apple store, especially with the student discount. Too bad I spent a bunch on other crap before coming to the store... rolleyes.gif
Good on the Intel guy, but what did you want? Most stuff at Best Buy will fit most students?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Basically he said for programming and typing essays and all that schiit I woud do for a CS degree that the 13" model would do just fine. It's not like I'm gonna be gaming or doing video editing on the thing after all.
Yeah, i'm upgrading my MBP when I go to Univ, and getting a mid size rig
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

But netbooks do not have the reteyenuh display, backlit keyboard, multitouch trackpad, or a decent battery life, or decent build quality. Yeah, this is coming from a current netbook owner. I will literally just use it for music and VNs and that's all in college. Oh and maybe a seperate Skype account that I can use to chat with family and such so they don't have to see my real Skype... >.>

And yeap, the plan is to buy whatever I buy in Oregon so I don't have to pay sales tax. The keyboard didn't have tax either! Hehe.
Bought some clothes while I was down there too! biggrin.gif
Yeah, as a user of netbooks, they are not nearly as awesome as they sound when you think about it that way.
I want a thin and powerful laptop with at least a 256GB SSD, 1080P screen or greater, backlit keyboard, and it has to look smexy. :3
Nothing at BB had all of this. One Asus got close, but it only had a 128GB SSD frown.gif

Mid size rig? Huh? 15"?

I like my netbook quite a bit. For the $60 I paid for it, it has served me well over the two years I've owned it, and I've gotten more work done on it than my iPad at 1/10 the cost.
I'm seriously debating putting a 256GB SSD in it just to speed it up...
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

W00T!!!
Accepted at The Chinese University of Hong Kong biggrin.gif
Nice! Congrats Borisu!
post #82916 of 130612
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

That's the catch. Ocean engineering isn't on earth. It's for repopulating Mars. Us earthlings must engineer a proper ocean on Mars so that we can fall back there when the sun gets hotter.


Nice! Congratulations! smily_headphones1.gif)
Dayum! That is like. Kerbal Space program right there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Now I've spent almost 24 hours with my F5's and I have to say... using speakers is a very different experience compared to headphones.
Well first of all, most of the fine details I hear in headphones are gone. This was really obvious when I listened to my vinyl rip of Tori no Uta, the vinyl scratching noise is almost gone.
But on the good side, the sound stage is simply amazing. It feels really weird how my sense of sight and hearing are disagreeing with each other, when I close my eyes it feels like I'm at the actual performing venue but once my eyes are open I get sounds coming from strange places (i.e. inside a wall)..... well at least that's what it feels like.
Yep! I enjoy using speakers when I can for media smily_headphones1.gif

Although for competeition and fine media usage, headphones are the current only way to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

I want a thin and powerful laptop with at least a 256GB SSD, 1080P screen or greater, backlit keyboard, and it has to look smexy. :3
Nothing at BB had all of this. One Asus got close, but it only had a 128GB SSD frown.gif

Mid size rig? Huh? 15"?

I like my netbook quite a bit. For the $60 I paid for it, it has served me well over the two years I've owned it, and I've gotten more work done on it than my iPad at 1/10 the cost.
I'm seriously debating putting a 256GB SSD in it just to speed it up...
Nice! Congrats Borisu!
Samsung's seem to fit what you are looking for. Although not in store at best buy probably

Mid Size rig as in a case smily_headphones1.gif ATX Mid Tower
post #82917 of 130612
Just heard the new SnK OP

If you think the quality of the first OP is bad, the quality of this OP is UBER bad in terms of sonic quality.

I am not using headphones so I'm not really hearing much clipping but the compression..OH GOSH. The dynamic Range compression. Everything is just squished together
post #82918 of 130612
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

That's the catch. Ocean engineering isn't on earth. It's for repopulating Mars. Us earthlings must engineer a proper ocean on Mars so that we can fall back there when the sun gets hotter.


Nice! Congratulations! smily_headphones1.gif)
Dayum! That is like. Kerbal Space program right there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Now I've spent almost 24 hours with my F5's and I have to say... using speakers is a very different experience compared to headphones.
Well first of all, most of the fine details I hear in headphones are gone. This was really obvious when I listened to my vinyl rip of Tori no Uta, the vinyl scratching noise is almost gone.
But on the good side, the sound stage is simply amazing. It feels really weird how my sense of sight and hearing are disagreeing with each other, when I close my eyes it feels like I'm at the actual performing venue but once my eyes are open I get sounds coming from strange places (i.e. inside a wall)..... well at least that's what it feels like.
Yep! I enjoy using speakers when I can for media smily_headphones1.gif

Although for competeition and fine media usage, headphones are the current only way to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

I want a thin and powerful laptop with at least a 256GB SSD, 1080P screen or greater, backlit keyboard, and it has to look smexy. :3
Nothing at BB had all of this. One Asus got close, but it only had a 128GB SSD frown.gif

Mid size rig? Huh? 15"?

I like my netbook quite a bit. For the $60 I paid for it, it has served me well over the two years I've owned it, and I've gotten more work done on it than my iPad at 1/10 the cost.
I'm seriously debating putting a 256GB SSD in it just to speed it up...
Nice! Congrats Borisu!
Samsung's seem to fit what you are looking for. Although not in store at best buy probably

Mid Size rig as in a case smily_headphones1.gif ATX Mid Tower
Hmm, I hadn't looked at Sammy yet, thanks for the suggestion smily_headphones1.gif
Looks like the only one with a 1080P display is $1500... T.T
For $1250, I can get a similar spec MacBook Air or just spend $80 more and get a 13" Retina MBP. Sorry, but for just $80 more I'd go with the superior display on the Mac...
Wait, so if you're building a new desktop what are you going to do with your Mac?
Edited by mechgamer123 - 7/14/13 at 8:05pm
post #82919 of 130612

was promising complete translation of Hataraku Maou-sama chapter 1, but ended up spending most of the time sleeping

 

24km march is really tiring

post #82920 of 130612
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaixax555 View Post

was promising complete translation of Hataraku Maou-sama chapter 1, but ended up spending most of the time sleeping

24km march is really tiring
How much time did you have to march that!?

and dayyum!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge