Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 5365

post #80461 of 152004
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

I have NGE's OP stuck in my head.

So good, even if it's from a decade past.

Yeah, its a good song

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Ramune is such a rip-off. You pay, what, $1.75 USD, for 200 mL? You can get pretty much any other soft drink for a $1 USD and get twice the amount of stuff to drink. Calpico is where it's at!

 

And it's not ramen, it's either raw men or raman, jeeze. XD

 

Yeah I read the comments. Those kinds of posts are inevitable. -.-

 

$1. ACtually. 

Wat? Where do you shop? Everywhere I go it's around $2, and upon a Google search, $2 seems to be the norm.

Even when on-sale it's $1.25.

post #80462 of 152004
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Wat? Where do you shop? Everywhere I go it's around $2, and upon a Google search, $2 seems to be the norm.

Even when on-sale it's $1.25.

Asian markets near my house. And the cheapest are when I pick them up in Flushing, NY. Flushing is one of the biggest Chinese hubs in Murica.

post #80463 of 152004
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Wat? Where do you shop? Everywhere I go it's around $2, and upon a Google search, $2 seems to be the norm.

Even when on-sale it's $1.25.

Asian markets near my house. And the cheapest are when I pick them up in Flushing, NY. Flushing is one of the biggest Chinese hubs in Murica.

Ah mmk.

 


Ella with longer hair? Honestly I like her shorter hair more. :o

 

 

Also, good luck trying to listen to that on a PRO900 or Amperior, bahaha.

post #80464 of 152004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post

One of the tracks that never leave my MP3 player/PMP/whatever. Don't really think it's that old but then again, anime standards.

It's old in the sense that anime doesn't use ballad(?) anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Yeah, its a good song

Of course it's good. :P
post #80465 of 152004
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

wut? there's no shounen in symphogear.........

I'll have to say though, I really liked symphogear's OP/ED.

No Shounen in Symphogear you say?

It's about girls with cool super powers and weapons destroying monsters. No shounen? Well then, we may have clashing definitions.

With shounen I mean any action-oriented anime. And yes, I'm fully well aware that it's not a correct definition but it works 19/23 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

LOL. That just doesn't make sense. But then again, like my lecturer said, you have to take out "sense" while studying mathematics

No no no, taking the sense out when studying mathematics is because of hyper-abstraction. When I'm talking about anime I'm going the complete other direction of the spectrum towards hyper-application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

what's it about?

I'd disagree.... maths still makes sense to me so far....

though I'll probably never wander out of the realm of applied maths (unlike tilpo here.)

Most of the math I'm doing, if not all of it, is imaginable if you're comparing it to a 2D or 3D case, but still it's extremely abstract. Like proving stuff properties of sets in an arbitrary metric space.

Very often the reason why you're doing something only becomes clear later, and sometimes you won't even understand something until days later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

Dang... That's loooooong.... So jelly you all have gone to Japan... Unlike me... Sigh...
What's he doing there anyway? 

Really? Why are you so jelly?
I haven't been there either, and while I want to go, I don't see any direct urge or anything. I do plan to study in Japan for one semester, but that's because I have the opportunity to study abroad for one semester so why not do it in Japan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

biggrin.gif

:cringe:

I only want to watch that show because it looks so horrible wrong, and the character design is somehow really attractive. No idea what to expect from it, but I hope it'll be like Aku no Hana where my cringes are exactly that which makes me enjoy it. (brain's weird at times, ain't it?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Nah, he's quite far from me.
around 30 minutes by train.

30 minutes by train is close. I mean, Amsterdam is 30 minutes by train and I go there pretty much monthly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

All you otaku people wanting to go to Japan so bad. Am I the only one who isn't really interested in going there? XD

I used to be like that too. But eventually I got bored with moe stuff, and now I'm definitely not an otaku anymore. It's like I woke up from a dream 'what on earth was I doing?'. Same is true for audiophilia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Sounds like a full-time job to keep up with all the posts biggrin.gif
Do you people miss this time?

Nah, I like hanging around in this thread. It's a relatively good way to waste time when you've been productive enough for the day, or simply need a break.
post #80466 of 152004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


Nah, I like hanging around in this thread. It's a relatively good way to waste time when you've been productive enough for the day, or simply need a break.

biggrin.gif

post #80467 of 152004
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

biggrin.gif

Not you panda.
You're a good way to waste time. Like really waste it. Like it's wasted and stuff.
post #80468 of 152004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Most of the math I'm doing, if not all of it, is imaginable if you're comparing it to a 2D or 3D case, but still it's extremely abstract. Like proving stuff properties of sets in an arbitrary metric space.

Very often the reason why you're doing something only becomes clear later, and sometimes you won't even understand something until days later.
I only want to watch that show because it looks so horrible wrong, and the character design is somehow really attractive. No idea what to expect from it, but I hope it'll be like Aku no Hana where my cringes are exactly that which makes me enjoy it. (brain's weird at times, ain't it?)

That's what I don't like in my math class this past 2.5 years; it's too imaginative. I can't have it. It lacks too much stuff for me to anchor on to make logic work. I'm not making any sense right now.
Which show do you mean with that? Symphogear 2 or Watamote?
post #80469 of 152004

Overrated my burning, rotting ass.

I'm putting this song on my "Godawesome songs" pedestal for me to worship.
post #80470 of 152004
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

That's what I don't like in my math class this past 2.5 years; it's too imaginative. I can't have it. It lacks too much stuff for me to anchor on to make logic work. I'm not making any sense right now.
/quote]

We have to be soulmates.


Woah my editor is just super weird right now
post #80471 of 152004
That OP is actually really really good! biggrin.gif
I really need to watch this series.
post #80472 of 152004
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post


Overrated my burning, rotting ass.

I'm putting this song on my "Godawesome songs" pedestal for me to worship.

Better than Shingeki no Kyojin. :p

Who says this opening them is overrated? It's an awesome song! >: D


Edited by miceblue - 6/28/13 at 3:01pm
post #80473 of 152004
@miceblue, someone with no taste wink.gif

@tom yum, I still love maths though when it doesn't want me to summon some eldritch numerical daemon, because it's Logic and Order.
post #80474 of 152004
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

That's what I don't like in my math class this past 2.5 years; it's too imaginative. I can't have it. It lacks too much stuff for me to anchor on to make logic work. I'm not making any sense right now.
Which show do you mean with that? Symphogear 2 or Watamote?

You need a little bit of imagination to complete difficult proofs. Without it you can't even get your logic to work because it's too abstract. The brain needs some kind of intuitive understanding of what's going on in order for it's creative intelligence to really work. Otherwise everything you'd be able to do is nothing more than routine.
And that capability to intuitively understand what the hell it is you're even trying to do is almost exactly that which determines whether someone is good at math or not.


I meant the latter, but it actually applies to both.
post #80475 of 152004
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Better than Shingeki no Kyojin. tongue.gif
Who says this opening them is overrated? It's an awesome song! >: D

The background instruments are rather simple and could have been better, but the vocals and song structure is that of a masterpiece in my opinion.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge