Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 5342

post #80116 of 156131

If anything the M50's popularity has been going up. The market for M50s is getting large enough to support multiple skus. There are famous peoples using them in public. 

post #80117 of 156131
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

If you have no interest in manipulating the pics(either photoshopping hilarious stuff or actually editing it for graphical performance). Shooting in JPG is best as you don't need to later change it to JPG. This just increases time and file size.

 

It's a good habit to shoot it RAW though, because you only have one chance to take a shot, so you want the opportunity to get the best out of it. You'll also gain experience when adjusting the RAW files, for when you'll eventually need it for real, like after a holiday or special event.

 

Considering that out of say, 1000 shots, only 20-30 are 'keepers', the increase in time used for having to edit isn't really that much. If the shot was already taken well, it literally only takes 10-15 seconds to adjust things like saturation, noise reduction, and sharpening. It's only when you need to 'bring back a shot', where you'll spend some more time on it.

 

Space is cheap, there's no reason not to shoot RAW unless you're just playing around with the camera, or taking pictures of food and want to upload them right away. If you don't need the buffer size for bursting, why not shoot RAW + JPEG and get the best of both worlds?

post #80118 of 156131
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

 

It's a good habit to shoot it RAW though, because you only have one chance to take a shot, so you want the opportunity to get the best out of it. You'll also gain experience when adjusting the RAW files, for when you'll eventually need it for real, like after a holiday or special event.

 

Considering that out of say, 1000 shots, only 20-30 are 'keepers', the increase in time used for having to edit isn't really that much. If the shot was already taken well, it literally only takes 10-15 seconds to adjust things like saturation, noise reduction, and sharpening. It's only when you need to 'bring back a shot', where you'll spend some more time on it.

 

Space is cheap, there's no reason not to shoot RAW unless you're just playing around with the camera, or taking pictures of food and want to upload them right away. If you don't need the buffer size for bursting, why not shoot RAW + JPEG and get the best of both worlds?

I was kinda thinking about Mechy using the camera as I would. As in me never using any program to actually 'make' it be of awesome quality and thus as I will never tune the photo's, I just use jpg.

post #80119 of 156131
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I was kinda thinking about Mechy using the camera as I would. As in me never using any program to actually 'make' it be of awesome quality and thus as I will never tune the photo's, I just use jpg.

 

That's perfectly acceptable if you're only using a DSLR as a glorified phone camera, only for happy snaps of gear and what not.

post #80120 of 156131
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

 

That's perfectly acceptable if you're only using a DSLR as a glorified phone camera, only for happy snaps of gear and what not.

For the average photo taker who doesn't use editing software and just wants pictures. What is the point of RAW or even keeping a second copy

post #80121 of 156131
Thread Starter 

I would just keep it as JPEG or PNG.

post #80122 of 156131

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

 

That's perfectly acceptable if you're only using a DSLR as a glorified phone camera, only for happy snaps of gear and what not.

 

 


Edited by 0o0o0o - 6/26/13 at 9:28pm
post #80123 of 156131
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Drink company. Boris might know since it's a HK company but I remember talking about it awhile ago and Boris didn't know what it was, although somebody else here knew, I think.

I actually DO in fact know Happy Lemon.

must have missed it back then.

post #80124 of 156131
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

I actually DO in fact know Happy Lemon.

must have missed it back then.

Have you ever tried it?

post #80125 of 156131
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Have you ever tried it?


Yeah, loads of times.
 


 

OMG Utsutsu kinda resembles Saya biggrin.gif

(The green haired girl)

 

post #80126 of 156131
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post


Yeah, loads of times.
 


 

OMG Utsutsu kinda resembles Saya biggrin.gif

(The green haired girl)

 

 

It seems Flushing NY hs a happy lemon?

 

Resembles? More like photo copied

post #80127 of 156131
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

It seems Flushing NY hs a happy lemon?

 

Resembles? More like photo copied


flushing? like toilet? (I'm confused.....)

You sure it's the same one?

 

Nah, not really photocopied....... have a saya pic:

 

 

and Utsutsu:


Edited by akiroz - 6/26/13 at 9:45pm
post #80128 of 156131
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

It seems Flushing NY hs a happy lemon?

 

Resembles? More like photo copied

What? I'm pretty sure it doesn't. If there was, I would have found it immediately.

 

The one I get most often: http://www.happy-lemon.com/en/detail.aspx?id=190


Edited by HybridCore - 6/26/13 at 9:49pm
post #80129 of 156131
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post


flushing? like toilet? (I'm confused.....)

You sure it's the same one?

 

Nah, not really photocopied....... have a saya pic:

 

 

 

and Utsutsu:

 

Oh nvm then.

 

It may be the same.

post #80130 of 156131
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

For the average photo taker who doesn't use editing software and just wants pictures. What is the point of RAW or even keeping a second copy

 

We're talking about mechy here, who has a DSLR and actually went out of his way to play with his camera. If he actually went out and invested time into taking photos, it makes sense to use RAW to get the best possible quality, in order to get the most out of the time invested. Considering that he has an interest in photography (or else he wouldn't have bought a DSLR), why would you suggest that he's just the average photographer?

 

Your only argument against RAW is the extra time taken to process them, do you have any personal experience in this or are you just parroting information you've read on the internet? With a decent workflow, it doesn't actually take that long, and just because he took 250 photos, it doesn't mean he's going waste time editing all 250 photos to get the best out of them.

 

The average photo taker is just someone who lugs a camera around to document their whereabouts, JPEG is perfectly fine for that. There's a difference between someone who goes out to take photos, and someone who takes photos while they're out.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge