Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 5313

post #79681 of 127625
There's a freshly scanned iDOLM@STER doujin artbook, Megane! - which, as the name suggests is about idols in glasses.

*drools*
post #79682 of 127625
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0o0o View Post

Yeah Yahari has been very decent. The ending was a bit lacking but can't really expect much from an adaptation of an ongoing light novel. One of those shows I'd love to see get a second season but probably never will. mad.gif

I think Brains Base have been doing really well with that low budget.

 

Light novel adaptation like this can end up being much worse if handled by something like A1...

post #79683 of 127625

Woo~ today's HK meet was fun. biggrin.gif

There were like 2x people.

post #79684 of 127625
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Sweet, my Dunu DN-23 review is done! biggrin.gif
http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-dn-23-landmine-headphones-earphones/reviews/9188
I didnt read it to avoid bias or any taking of ideas subconciously

But creating an making a full new thread on it. Is good you know smily_headphones1.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

No wonder our names are being tarnished lately rolleyes.gif


Here's another tip: if you go to Japan, say you're Taiwanese not Chinese.
Actually, do us a favor and don't do it unless your life depends on it.
Haha

Its pretty obvious to be any country you can be so others wont hate you. Simple as that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

What about European people if I'd be going to Japan? Should I say I'm French, British, German, Dutch, Italian, Belgian, Spanish? I could probably act like any one of them in the eyes of one unacquainted with the cultures and languages like most Japanese.
French. It is well known that japanese prople have a huge love of paris and french.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Woo~ today's HK meet was fun. biggrin.gif
There were like 2x people.
Pics?
post #79685 of 127625
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post


French. It is well known that japanese prople have a huge love of paris and french.

Rik doesn't have dat nose, so nope. Don't even think about it.

post #79686 of 127625
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

Rik doesn't have dat nose, so nope. Don't even think about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome

 

Just telling you. Japanese people love dem Frenchies.

 

Asians in their native lands can't tell Euro's apart. Rik is skinny, blue eyes, and has hair that isn't dark or brown. He could masquarade as ANY Euro-Ameri person as he speaks Dutch(kinda sounds like German and any other Scandanavian tongue to an Asian), some French(Western Euro all covered), and Engrish (Americas).

 

It's perfect.

 

He could be Canadian when he comes here to Murica (so he doesn't get hounded by foreign questions) and be French when he goes to Japan.

post #79687 of 127625

One of you guys mentioned Nerawareta Gauken last night.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/14293/Nerawareta_Gakuen

 

Seems interesting. Will check out!

post #79688 of 127625
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome

 

Just telling you. Japanese people love dem Frenchies.

 

Asians in their native lands can't tell Euro's apart. Rik is skinny, blue eyes, and has hair that isn't dark or brown. He could masquarade as ANY Euro-Ameri person as he speaks Dutch(kinda sounds like German and any other Scandanavian tongue to an Asian), some French(Western Euro all covered), and Engrish (Americas).

 

It's perfect.

 

He could be Canadian when he comes here to Murica (so he doesn't get hounded by foreign questions) and be French when he goes to Japan.

I call far fetched claim rolleyes.gif

Well to some extent.

 

I don't think they would show that much more favoritism towards Rik from

1) thinking/knowing he is Dutch

2) thinking he is French

 

Good looking Caucasian = already won the game in those books.

To whom goes the extra credit depends on the individual.

 

At this point we're just spouting nonsensical noise pollution. Let's just shut up, kay? lol

Can't be letting our mouths run this much. Even if it's the fingers doing the typing.

And finally, @ the bold part: Rik, just be honest and not like this liar. xD


Edited by kalbee - 6/23/13 at 9:55am
post #79689 of 127625
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

I call far fetched claim rolleyes.gif

Well to some extent.

 

I don't think they would show that much more favoritism towards Rik from

1) thinking/knowing he is Dutch

2) thinking he is French

 

Good looking Caucasian = already won the game in those books.

To whom goes the extra credit depends on the individual.

 

At this point we're just spouting nonsensical noise pollution. Let's just shut up, kay? lol

Can't be letting our mouths run this much. Even if it's the fingers doing the typing.

And finally, @ the bold part: Rik, just be honest and not like this liar. xD

I feel like those just get harassed A LOT more in Japan

 

I recommend Rikkun not to shave when he goes to Asia. The mullet works to protect him from attention.

 

jecklinsmile.gif hehehehehe. I'll always be Canadian online for people I don't know!

 

Where do I live in Canda?....New....Queens..Canad...land.. ph34r.gif

post #79690 of 127625

LOL! James put me down as a company for the shipping address!!

 

Which just goes to show you how the name on the shipping stuff matters little to none!

post #79691 of 127625
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Woo~ today's HK meet was fun. biggrin.gif

There were like 2x people.

How many were at the last meet?

post #79692 of 127625
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

How many were at the last meet?

Like 5 biggrin.gif

post #79693 of 127625
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

French. It is well known that japanese prople have a huge love of paris and french.
 

 

Also a well known fact that French people have also a form of love affair with Japan though not as much as Japanese people, it's more present in younger French audiences. I bet if you speak French to a Japanese girl in Japan, she would be all crazy over you. No problem for me, je parle couramment le Français. Seulement, c'est dommage que je ne connais aucune Japonaise. :P

 

So for today's Valvrave and Gargantia

 

Valvrave Episode 11

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Wasn't terribly excited for this episode.It was pretty lackluster. Even the end phrase didn't manage to excite me. I didn't know that rape can turn into marriage. :P

 

Gargantia Episode 12

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

One thing's for sure, now it gets going. Though painfully obvious that Ledo will disobey direct orders from Kugel/Stryker, the way it delivered was very good. Nice to see Ledo finally taking a firm decision.

Pinion has finally brightened up and let his hair down which he looks quite good. He's still a tiny sausage but he's making up for it after watching the shocking event of dumping masses of old and/or sick people to the ocean. And it's nice to see Rakkage back into action with her Flying Lobster. I missed that mecha.
The battle between Kugel/Stryker was decent enough. Entertaining but I expected a bit more chaos well that may be because I just watched Valvrave.
One thing that AnimeSuki members got right though is the fishiness of the physical absence of Kugel, 
So MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT!!!!!
Let's just say that it was shocking...
 

Edited by VortexBlast - 6/23/13 at 11:09am
post #79694 of 127625
You know what would be fun? Try to convince different people that you have different nationalities, and see how long it will take people to notice. :P
post #79695 of 127625
Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexBlast View Post

 

Also a well known fact that French people have also a form of love affair with Japan though not as much as Japanese people, it's more present in younger French audiences. I bet if you speak French to a Japanese girl in Japan, she would be all crazy over you. No problem for me, je parle couramment le Français. Seulement, c'est dommage que je ne connais aucune Japonaise. :P

Well, in this case, I might want to refresh my really poor school-france before I visite Japan (in the not forseeable future) :3

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge