Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 5301

post #79501 of 149575
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkAwesome View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXbXgblVh5Y

 

I like it. Has the "traditional Japanese"ish feeling for stuff like Senbonzakura. 

Ew vocaloid. That supercell song is much better.

 

On the topic of similar-sounding songs:

http://soundsjustlike.com/


Also, this is pretty awesome.

http://vimeo.com/58771063

^ yay for Battles music being played near the end


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

One of my friend is starting his journey into hi-fi eek.gif

He just asked me for recs for his first pair of audiophile headphones within $250.
what do you guys think?

I tried the DT770 and thought it sounded disgusting. You can't really go too wrong with a good 'ol ATH-M50 for a starter headphone. V-MODA Crossfade M-80 or Beyer Custom One Pro are good too. I prefer the M-80's sound over the M-100 for critical listening.

 


I went to a Sichuan restaurant today and ordered "ants climbing a tree." Hot dang that dish is amazing! Those Sichuan peppercorns really have a kick to them.

 


"And as always, thanks for watching."


Edited by miceblue - 6/21/13 at 9:48pm
post #79502 of 149575
Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexBlast View Post

Hmmm, now I get why many people hate Guilty Crown...

 

I have the integrality of GC for over half a year but never bothered to watch it past episode one.

Well since I have loads of free time now, I should do a GC marathon and I've been impressed with it but also it angered and very much saddened me. Here's my review of its integral:

 

I should first start with it's amazing, fantastic, mind blowing soundtrack. It is so good that I wonder if the anime was made from. Regardless, the composer did an excellent job to it and Egoist's songs are wonderful. For the soundtrack alone, I give it a 10/10, heck I will give it more than a ten. As for the art, it is wonderfully animated with an amazing art direction. Maybe the best I have ever seen. It is just pretty in every way.

 

As for the story, that is a bit more complicated because this show has filled me with positive and negative emotions. The plot is very interesting but it suffers from quite a few things that almost break it. I should say that it is the Achilles heel of this anime depending if you can tolerate its negative points.

 

The story can be split into three parts. The first part (episode 1-11) is what made me excited the most, the second part (episode 12-17) made me angry about every thing and shows the core flaw of this anime and the last part (episode 18-22) made me sad than happy.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

For the first part of GC, it was very good with an interesting plot that keeps on going and going with few filler episodes but it doesn't let us breathe. It's too tense sometimes and doesn't let go at all also sometimes, a bit over the top. Watching the first part was tiring enough for me. Also, one key negative point I should mention is the fairly shallow characters in this anime. I don't know if it's a bad case of voice acting but I really didn't bond with them, not even with Gai or Shu. Some funny moments to ease a bit and a lot of fan service that seems more misplaced than necessary. Damn those boob physics, they sure are working well here.

The second part of GC, wasn't as good as the first. I don't know if it was the author's intention to do it but that part was frustrating and actually made me angry. It was almost cliché in a lot of ways and with Shu's constant bad decision making, I hate him in this part. This part was a display of the problems with GC. It has a lot of stereotypical characters that made the story predictable and tiring.

For the third part, obviously Shu needs to rise again, he's the main character after all so it was natural and entirely predictable for him to be part of the conclusion which I expected to be better. I think this show has been spoiled because it didn't build enough momentum. It was too tense but also predictable over the episodes that there was actually no climax. It kind of reminds me of the Total Recall remake film. That film made the grave mistake for having too much action from beginning to end.

Still, the GC soundtrack makes up for the story,

As for the ending. One word: Disappointing. It was half-arsed. Maybe because I was spoiled by Shinsekai Yori's absolutely wonderful ending. The ending doesn't feel complete and left a bitter taste rather than sweet. It's as if they didn't have enough running time to make a proper conclusion.

 

 

Here are the scores:

Soundtrack 10+/10

Art 9/10

Animation 9/10

Story 5.5/10

 

So yeah, I did feel disappointed. It has excellent visual but it's almost all show and no go. frown.gif

One of us! One of us finally!

 

I disagree on some parts as in what parts I liked

 

I felt like after the first 3 episodes, the series went to hell. And then in the early tens. It picked up again. I quoted myself as saying that that was the true 'episode two' of guilty Crown a few years back on this thread. After that, I agree

 

cliche after cliche.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

 


I went to a Sichuan restaurant today and ordered "ants climbing a tree." Hot dang that dish is amazing! Those Sichuan peppercorns really have a kick to them.

 


"And as always, thanks for watching."

 

I've visited that region twice :) My family and people love to eat their foodd as well.

post #79503 of 149575
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Just parts needed for it, cost, finishing time.

 

But i guess i'll look into other units first.

Yeah, the thing is how could I possibly know what parts I need if I haven't even designed it yet....

 

You're looking for ANOTHER AMP??

What happened to all your review units and P-H?

 

Did you just get your first paycheck or something?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

Stax SRS 2020

within $250......

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexBlast View Post

 

Here are the scores:

Soundtrack 10+/10

Art 9/10

Animation 9/10

Story 5.5/10

 

So yeah, I did feel disappointed. It has excellent visual but it's almost all show and no go. frown.gif

This.

post #79504 of 149575
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Yeah, the thing is how could I possibly know what parts I need if I haven't even designed it yet....

 

You're looking for ANOTHER AMP??

What happened to all your review units and P-H?

 

Did you just get your first paycheck or something?

 

within $250......

 

This.

Used :P

post #79505 of 149575
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Yeah, the thing is how could I possibly know what parts I need if I haven't even designed it yet....

You're looking for ANOTHER AMP??
What happened to all your review units and P-H?

Did you just get your first paycheck or something?

within $250......

This.
Tbh i just want to build and solder somrthing cool i can use.

Ive been getting into more different enthusiast hobbies lately(like shave fi) and am now looking into pen fi.

Yeah. I dont actually need amps. However its not good to usea companies own other amp to review another of theirs(fiio) so it always looks good for me to use another amp :/

Review samples for different stuff comming next week. So too late but next round of review stuff hopefully i have another "ref" amp
post #79506 of 149575
Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexBlast View Post

Hmmm, now I get why many people hate Guilty Crown...

 

I have the integrality of GC for over half a year but never bothered to watch it past episode one.

Well since I have loads of free time now, I should do a GC marathon and I've been impressed with it but also it angered and very much saddened me. Here's my review of its integral:

 

I should first start with it's amazing, fantastic, mind blowing soundtrack. It is so good that I wonder if the anime was made from. Regardless, the composer did an excellent job to it and Egoist's songs are wonderful. For the soundtrack alone, I give it a 10/10, heck I will give it more than a ten. As for the art, it is wonderfully animated with an amazing art direction. Maybe the best I have ever seen. It is just pretty in every way.

 

As for the story, that is a bit more complicated because this show has filled me with positive and negative emotions. The plot is very interesting but it suffers from quite a few things that almost break it. I should say that it is the Achilles heel of this anime depending if you can tolerate its negative points.

 

The story can be split into three parts. The first part (episode 1-11) is what made me excited the most, the second part (episode 12-17) made me angry about every thing and shows the core flaw of this anime and the last part (episode 18-22) made me sad than happy.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

For the first part of GC, it was very good with an interesting plot that keeps on going and going with few filler episodes but it doesn't let us breathe. It's too tense sometimes and doesn't let go at all also sometimes, a bit over the top. Watching the first part was tiring enough for me. Also, one key negative point I should mention is the fairly shallow characters in this anime. I don't know if it's a bad case of voice acting but I really didn't bond with them, not even with Gai or Shu. Some funny moments to ease a bit and a lot of fan service that seems more misplaced than necessary. Damn those boob physics, they sure are working well here.

The second part of GC, wasn't as good as the first. I don't know if it was the author's intention to do it but that part was frustrating and actually made me angry. It was almost cliché in a lot of ways and with Shu's constant bad decision making, I hate him in this part. This part was a display of the problems with GC. It has a lot of stereotypical characters that made the story predictable and tiring.

For the third part, obviously Shu needs to rise again, he's the main character after all so it was natural and entirely predictable for him to be part of the conclusion which I expected to be better. I think this show has been spoiled because it didn't build enough momentum. It was too tense but also predictable over the episodes that there was actually no climax. It kind of reminds me of the Total Recall remake film. That film made the grave mistake for having too much action from beginning to end.

Still, the GC soundtrack makes up for the story,

As for the ending. One word: Disappointing. It was half-arsed. Maybe because I was spoiled by Shinsekai Yori's absolutely wonderful ending. The ending doesn't feel complete and left a bitter taste rather than sweet. It's as if they didn't have enough running time to make a proper conclusion.

 

 

Here are the scores:

Soundtrack 10+/10

Art 9/10

Animation 9/10

Story 5.5/10

 

So yeah, I did feel disappointed. It has excellent visual but it's almost all show and no go. frown.gif

Kinda share your opinion in a sense, but overall I actually enjoyed the series to a certain extent. Piece by piece, it actually parallels the story of King Arthur and the knights of the round table, which I'm familiar with. BUT that was about the only thing about the story that I liked. If I hadn't known King Arthur, I would not have liked the series.

 

Shinsekai Yori on the other hand, was a very well-written story, somewhat reminiscent of a novel I read a long time ago called "The Giver." Absolutely enjoyed the series from beginning to end, mostly because it took all kinds of strange turns and I wasn't sure what to expect next. Not the case with Guilty Crown because, being familiar with the saga of King Arthur, it was predictable from beginning to end. 

post #79507 of 149575
Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexBlast View Post


So yeah, I did feel disappointed. It has excellent visual but it's almost all show and no go. frown.gif

So that's what I missed for ragequitting GC. I envy your tolerance, since for me the characters are too shallow and the world too generically shounen sci-fi that I don't care for it. And the ecchi fan service doesn't help much either. And I didn't notice the music as I was too busy being mad at the lost potential. And Code Geass is better. :P
post #79508 of 149575
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post


Tbh i just want to build and solder somrthing cool i can use.

Ive been getting into more different enthusiast hobbies lately(like shave fi) and am now looking into pen fi.

Yeah. I dont actually need amps. However its not good to usea companies own other amp to review another of theirs(fiio) so it always looks good for me to use another amp :/

Review samples for different stuff comming next week. So too late but next round of review stuff hopefully i have another "ref" amp

Haha, ok.

I'll try my best to finish this project before summer holiday ends... confused_face.gif

post #79509 of 149575
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


Lol!
You mean silver cables! biggrin.gif
Also, you actually wanna grow facial hair? O.o
Might get annoying plucking and waxing the face every other day...
Okay iPad-fiers, I know you exist out there, if even just discreetly! tongue.gif
What case do you guys use? My devicewear bridgeway is starting to crack and be no bueno. Need something slim and functional :3

Otter's?

Otterboxes are WAY too fat and ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Lol!

You mean silver cables! biggrin.gif

Also, you actually wanna grow facial hair? O.o

Might get annoying plucking and waxing the face every other day...
Okay iPad-fiers, I know you exist out there, if even just discreetly! tongue.gif

What case do you guys use? My devicewear bridgeway is starting to crack and be no bueno. Need something slim and functional :3
Otter's?

Pandas?

On a more serious note, how about some of SwitchEasy's cases?

Or you can make a cheap case with plastic wrap, hahahaha. My brother did that for his iPod Nano 2nd gen and it worked surprisingly well.

Switcheasy cases are nice, but they all look too fat and ugly :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

Stax SRS 2020

within $250......

My set was 24900 yen! wink.gif

post #79510 of 149575

Has your stuff shipped already mechgamer?

 

Craig at Kuboten is going to go through a lot of hassle shipping my stuff.

 

1x SRM-323S in org box

1x HPS2 stand

1x SR-404 Signature in org box

 

And maybe one integrated amplifier but I think shipping is going to be too expensive.

 

Probably few more things hahahaha.

post #79511 of 149575
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Has your stuff shipped already mechgamer?

 

Craig at Kuboten is going to go through a lot of hassle shipping my stuff.

 

1x SRM-323S in org box

1x HPS2 stand

1x SR-404 Signature in org box

 

And maybe one integrated amplifier but I think shipping is going to be too expensive.

 

Probably few more things hahahaha.

Why are you shipping all that stuff? New gear?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Haha, ok.

I'll try my best to finish this project before summer holiday ends... confused_face.gif

You have too many projects. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Otterboxes are WAY too fat and ugly.

Switcheasy cases are nice, but they all look too fat and ugly :/

My set was 24900 yen! wink.gif

Lucky git. £165...double that and add £50 and you'll get the cost of a second hand SRS2020 here. New it's £459. FU Stax. FU.

post #79512 of 149575
Been listening to 60/70's pop a lot the past few weeks.
Bod Dylan, Paul McCartney, John Lennon and David Bowie. So good.
post #79513 of 149575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Why are you shipping all that stuff? New gear?

 

Yep new stuff. Sold my HD800's recently and my channel imbalanced SR-404 Sig so used those funds wisely to buy new stuff (and more stuff coming).

post #79514 of 149575
My music library is divided into two main categories. There is the 'core' which consists of the artists I tend to listen to frequently (at least once per three months or so). Then there is also the 'supplementary', which consists of artists I rarely listen to (anymore) but I'm keeping it anyway, since deleting it would be a waste. Sometimes I still listen to it after all.
Some days I go to the supplementary library and filled with nostalgia I listen to all kinds of stuff I haven't listened to in ages, and it's an incredibly fun thing to do. biggrin.gif
post #79515 of 149575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

My music library is divided into two main categories. There is the 'core' which consists of the artists I tend to listen to frequently (at least once per three months or so). Then there is also the 'supplementary', which consists of artists I rarely listen to (anymore) but I'm keeping it anyway, since deleting it would be a waste. Sometimes I still listen to it after all.
Some days I go to the supplementary library and filled with nostalgia I listen to all kinds of stuff I haven't listened to in ages, and it's an incredibly fun thing to do. biggrin.gif

Some media/music player/manager do you use and on what platform? I ask this because I think it's about time for me to sort my 40000+ flac/mp3 files into a centralised location on my desktop. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge