Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 5148

post #77206 of 117711
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Wait why!?

 

Because I haven't been going to any of my classes for the last two quarters.

post #77207 of 117711
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

 

Because I haven't been going to any of my classes for the last two quarters.

basshead.gif Aren't you paying for them though!?

post #77208 of 117711
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

basshead.gif Aren't you paying for them though!?

 

Kinda, but I can't quit outright because my parents wouldn't let me.

post #77209 of 117711
But yeah, I do drink quite a bit... At least it's better than weed, and weed is meh, don't do it. wink.gif
post #77210 of 117711
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

 

Kinda, but I can't quit outright because my parents wouldn't let me.

So what is your goal for the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

But yeah, I do drink quite a bit... At least it's better than weed, and weed is meh, don't do it. wink.gif

Weed is better/safer than alcohol.

post #77211 of 117711

Reality is for those who can't handle drugs....     wait... Did that come out right?

post #77212 of 117711
Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 09 (Click to show)

Does anyone know what song is playing when they show the Elite Recon Corps in action? It reminds me of this song...

 

Can't wait for season 2 coming out soon! :DD

post #77213 of 117711
Quote:

Reality is for those who can't handle drugs....     wait... Did that come out right?

Nope

post #77214 of 117711
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

So what is your goal for the future?
Weed is better/safer than alcohol.
but it's illegal, my parents would hate me, it's very expensive, and people would call me a druggie... Besides it tastes bad and doesn't make parties as fun as alcohol... Like, doesn't mess me up as much.
post #77215 of 117711
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

So what is your goal for the future?

 

Weed is better/safer than alcohol.

 

Music, which isn't entirely unrelated but in no way dependent on having an indocrination certificate...I mean degree. I desperately want to avoid "getting a job" and that just being my life, unless it becomes impossible no to do so anymore without dying. The way I see it, I'm living in a primitive, violent, and dangerous era of human history, and that's where my life will take place whether I'm "successful" or not. Why would I sacrifice my entire life, all my time and energy, just to wind up in mostly the exact same screwed up situation? It's not worth it to try and climb to the top of a mountain of schiit. That's also why I hope to one day be able to help change things doing something that I actually enjoy, even if not in a huge way.

 

They're both dumb, haha.

post #77216 of 117711
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 09 (Click to show)

Does anyone know what song is playing when they show the Elite Recon Corps in action? It reminds me of this song...

 

 

Can't wait for season 2 coming out soon! :DD

I found S1 of Legend of Korra to be nothing like Avatar TLA.

 

Avatar TLA was probably the most impressive American cartoon in recent years. Where it wasnt just 'kid' stuff. It played out like an anime with some dumbing down. This allowed A HUGE range of people to like it.

 

Korra felt a bit kid dumbed down and wasn't very interesting. The ending was very childish as well and wasn't very as awesome.

 

I would say that Avatar TLA is a superior animation than most anime out nowadays. 

 

Hopefully S2 is good. 

post #77217 of 117711
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post


but it's illegal, my parents would hate me, it's very expensive, and people would call me a druggie... Besides it tastes bad and doesn't make parties as fun as alcohol... Like, doesn't mess me up as much.

And alcohol at your age isn't?

 

Tastes bad? You don't eat the weed dude.........

 

You don't WANT to be messed up. 

 

So your parents allow you to drink? I'm not against it. Many Euro countries are the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

 

Music, which isn't entirely unrelated but in no way dependent on having an indocrination certificate...I mean degree. I desperately want to avoid "getting a job" and that just being my life, unless it becomes impossible no to do so anymore without dying. The way I see it, I'm living in a primitive, violent, and dangerous era of human history, and that's where my life will take place whether I'm "successful" or not. Why would I sacrifice my entire life, all my time and energy, just to wind up in mostly the exact same screwed up situation? It's not worth it to try and climb to the top of a mountain of schiit. That's also why I hope to one day be able to help change things doing something that I actually enjoy, even if not in a huge way.

 

They're both dumb, haha.

I see.

 

I know exactly what you mean, but I don't agree with the way you handle it. ¯\(°_o)/¯

post #77218 of 117711
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I see.

 

I know exactly what you mean, but I don't agree with the way you handle it. ¯\(°_o)/¯

 

Most people don't. I'm just trying to accomplish what I want to accomplish in my life in the way that seems like it will bring the least amount of suffering at the time.

post #77219 of 117711
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 09 (Click to show)

Does anyone know what song is playing when they show the Elite Recon Corps in action? It reminds me of this song...

 

 

Can't wait for season 2 coming out soon! :DD

I found S1 of Legend of Korra to be nothing like Avatar TLA.

 

Avatar TLA was probably the most impressive American cartoon in recent years. Where it wasnt just 'kid' stuff. It played out like an anime with some dumbing down. This allowed A HUGE range of people to like it.

 

Korra felt a bit kid dumbed down and wasn't very interesting. The ending was very childish as well and wasn't very as awesome.

 

I would say that Avatar TLA is a superior animation than most anime out nowadays. 

 

Hopefully S2 is good. 

Yeah Korra was more dark and serious than Avatar: The Last Airbender. And I agree that the ending was lame; I felt that it was rushed. Avatar: TLA had a more fleshed out storyline and had more comic relief moments. The sense of culture was more apparent in it too, which I really thought was ingenious and sucked me into the series.

 

On the other hand, I liked Korra for its artistic direction, soundtrack, and probending matches. ^ video ^ :)

And not to mention that other current 'Merican cartoons lack in comparison to Korra in my opinion.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

So what is your goal for the future?
Weed is better/safer than alcohol.
but it's illegal, my parents would hate me, it's very expensive, and people would call me a druggie... Besides it tastes bad and doesn't make parties as fun as alcohol... Like, doesn't mess me up as much.

It's legal where I am, as of last year. I think it smells like schiit though. I always want to puke when I walk by people smoking it. It seriously reeks.

post #77220 of 117711
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

And alcohol at your age isn't?

Tastes bad? You don't eat the weed dude.........

You don't WANT to be messed up. 

So your parents allow you to drink? I'm not against it. Many Euro countries are the same.
it is, but it's only with friends while hanging out and stuff...

Again, at parties/talking to people you like it's a lot more fun while drunk, also it gets rid of all the stress and stuff I have...

My parents don't know, as I don't do it often, and when I do its with friends away or in my room (with friends) ...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge