Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- DAC/AMP for q701 Under $300 Last post on 9/2/13 at 1:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 5109
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think Haonan at the hardwarezone forums said the EX800ST is quality checked by some Sony Music division in Japan prior to studio use, the 7550's by contrast I suspect do not take that route and are shipped directly from Thailand.
Edited by Theta Alpha 1 - 5/27/13 at 8:10pm
Electrical circuits and Digital electronics exam in 6 hours. I utterly despise this module. Can't wait to see the back of it. I don't think I've ever disliked learning something as much as this, especially since it seems like electrical engineers have special words and names for everything, even if those terms already exist in other disciplines.
Um.... good luck with your exams?
- › Flashlight-Fi (LED & Conventional) 24 seconds ago
I'm starting to feel like this foum is full of XY chromosome rejects from society. >_>
I think you spelt that wrong.
Probably shouldn't be trying to learn the entire module in 6 hours...
Project-IA chassis layout
Cooling Scheme 1:
Cooling Scheme 2:
Which one do you guys think is better?
*looks at PC builders*
Edited by b1o2r3i4s5 - 5/27/13 at 8:49pm
aren't they the same? o i c. you don't want positive or negative pressure :s I think the 2nd one would be better given that you have a decent way for air to exit w/ out building up pressure.
Pretty hard to differentiate both. Is it the holes and the fans? For silence, go with A. For better cooling, go with B
A you can possibly build up negative pressure depending on the opening. Thus you'd create dust problems. But it really will depend on how big his holes are :s
ye. holes and fans. Dangit borisu. Even the kgssv or other power sources don't need a fan. What are you building >:0
Well, i'm pooped. Had a nice days with my seniors. Time to hit the bed.
Project-IA is a 40Wrms per channel headphone / speaker amp
at full load, the amp will dissipate over 130W, if I were to use passive cooling the heatsinks will need to be ridiculously HUGE.
omahgurd. that's one hella monster.
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › K240, DAC/AMP, TV output... 2 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 3 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 3 minutes ago
- › digiZoid ZO2.3 Impression & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Yaqin VK-2100 Hybid Tube Integrated Amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)