Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 5058

post #75856 of 140439
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

o i c...

 

welcome to the thread :D sorry for not saying so earlier. 

 

Being completely ignored by panda... something is wrong...

 

Well, I've seen a lot of shortenings of names and have made up names for a majority of the older thread members. I still haven't seen jgray.... so he'll be mad man. wait... that leaves me with manveru....

 

Thanks for the welcome!

 

And omg. Say you share a single Xbox One console with the whole family. You purchased a game and played it on your personal account. Then if a family has their own account, that person would have to pay a fee to play that game on the same console! So you have like 5 family members, the other 4 will have to pay a fee if they have separate accounts. That's what I heard. I think it makes more sense if the game was locked to your console (not to an account like steam) and your friend would have to pay a fee to play your copy of the game on his console. I think they are trying to get rid of used game sellers like Gamestop.

post #75857 of 140439
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Bad ass console? It already is one. But this is a professional press conference. They want to market, not impress the 5% of gamers who go bad ass X360CODPRESTIGE-noscope.

You probably tried to mean "hardcore gamers". I guess I know what you mean, but using a COD game to describe them, it's like you're trying to describe fine food connoisseurs as "McDonald's eaters".

And Microsoft shows that they are creating the "McDonald's console". They try to be everywhere and what? They are competing not only with Sony and Nintendo, but also with AppleTV, HTPC's and even the ******* things their "console" is connected to - the TVs themselves. Tell me, why would buy it? The PS3 at least had a new disc format and it was the cheapest player for some time. Now they are integrating things mostly available somewhere else. Most of these "99%" of people don't need another device like that. And even if they do - are they going to pay 399 GBP for it (that's how much TheHutt wants for preorder w/ COD & FIFA, dunno how true is it)? Also, the Live TV requires an additional receiver, sold separately and is US-only at launch. Ha ha (not really).

For games? Well then, they have to convince me. And with this presentation they didn't. Sony actually wanted to show that they are mostly interested in gamers. The previous generation showed that sony's exclusive games are IMO superior - better and more diverse. Multiplatforms? Better on PC. And it doesn't really look like it's going to change.

Oh, and Xbox One connects to the internet every day, so even if it isn't "always on", you still need to do checks once a day if you want to play. frown.gif
Edited by Accoun - 5/21/13 at 4:49pm
post #75858 of 140439
But that's the point bowei. The consoles need it. They need the "efficiency" increase. And what do you get? **** PC game console ports. You can't "wish PC would get more focus" without crying out for better hardware for consoles, because guess ******* what? If the consoles hardware are old ****, and the publisher ain't gonna pay jack **** for the devs to port their games properly to PC, you ain't getting any. And even with this new gen, it's probably going to be the same after 1 year.

@accoun, multiplatforms are indeed better on PC, but that's like only the recent 2 years ago, I feel like. Before that, getting "good" PC port itself is uncommon enough.

I'm out for the night.
Edited by jgray91 - 5/21/13 at 4:51pm
post #75859 of 140439
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddyxm View Post

 

Thanks for the welcome!

 

And omg. Say you share a single Xbox One console with the whole family. You purchased a game and played it on your personal account. Then if a family has their own account, that person would have to pay a fee to play that game on the same console! So you have like 5 family members, the other 4 will have to pay a fee if they have separate accounts. That's what I heard. I think it makes more sense if the game was locked to your console (not to an account like steam) and your friend would have to pay a fee to play your copy of the game on his console. I think they are trying to get rid of used game sellers like Gamestop.

of nihil

hehehe.... yeah I think the same is going to be for ps4. Not sure about wii-u. First time I've thought of that... you're a quick guy... most people would just think of being p'd off b/c of it LOL. 

post #75860 of 140439

The last good console ports I played (in terms of options and stability) were Bioshock:Inf, Tomb Raider and Hitman:Absolution. All multiplatform, but realistically only optimised for PC because AMD and Nvidia paid them off.

post #75861 of 140439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

The last good console ports I played (in terms of options and stability) were Bioshock:Inf, Tomb Raider and Hitman:Absolution. All multiplatform, but realistically only optimised for PC because AMD and Nvidia paid them off.

hitman absolution. the tittle. I remember it. Think it was pretty good. Tittle also ba.

 

I still haven't gotten finished with watching the ac3 walk through...

 

why would AMD pay them off if they already are the chip sellers for consoles instead of nvidia?

post #75862 of 140439
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

hitman absolution. the tittle. I remember it. Think it was pretty good. Tittle also ba.

 

I still haven't gotten finished with watching the ac3 walk through...

 

why would AMD pay them off if they already are the chip sellers for consoles instead of nvidia?

Cheap advertising having the AMD logo plastered in the starting movies.

post #75863 of 140439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Cheap advertising having the AMD logo plastered in the starting movies.

ah gotcha

post #75864 of 140439
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

Not sure about wii-u.

Well, EA ran away from WiiU for "not being good enough" or something. Wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo's anti-DRM stance (I think there was something like that IIRC) was more of a reason (or at least one of the most major ones). I'm afraid how it's gonna end up with PS4...

Also, the "fee" for playing on another account on Xbox One is actually the full price.
post #75865 of 140439

 

 

 

Because for some reason these haven't reached over 500k views since I last watched them a year ago. -_-


Edited by Tangster - 5/21/13 at 5:09pm
post #75866 of 140439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post


Well, EA ran away from WiiU for "not being good enough" or something. Wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo's anti-DRM stance (I think there was something like that IIRC) was more of a reason (or at least one of the most major ones). I'm afraid how it's gonna end up with PS4...

Also, the "fee" for playing on another account on Xbox One is actually the full price.

Yup, it's been announced for the ps4 if memory serves. 

 

awe ): so you can use the same acct on multiple xbox's :D though not at the same time. Just if you go over to a friends house rolleyes.gif

Oh how digital restrictions have grown in the past 4 years.

post #75867 of 140439
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

Yup, it's been announced for the ps4 if memory serves. 

No, they haven't said anything really exact... yet.
post #75868 of 140439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

Not sure about wii-u.

Well, EA ran away from WiiU for "not being good enough" or something. Wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo's anti-DRM stance (I think there was something like that IIRC) was more of a reason (or at least one of the most major ones). I'm afraid how it's gonna end up with PS4...

Also, the "fee" for playing on another account on Xbox One is actually the full price.

If I get a "next gen" console, it'll be the WiiU. Smash Bros, Zelda, and Metroid are all I need to play.

............I sound like a typical Nintendo fanboy, but it's true; exclusives on other consoles have no appeal to me except for Little Big Planet.
post #75869 of 140439
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddyxm View Post

 

Xbox One is the name for the new console.  Honestly the rumored name Xbox Infinity spread by reddit sounded better.

What's funny is that infinity is close to the opposite of one, zero being the opposite in my opinion (everything vs nothing).

post #75870 of 140439

The only comment that Reddit got right about the new Xbox.

 

 

 

Quote:

It's official. Microsoft can't count.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge