Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 5057

post #75841 of 130758
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

what most gamers thought of the XB1:

Haha!

post #75842 of 130758
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

How I feel when I see 'fellow' gamers (in general) (you guys are fine, Reddit comments from /r/pcgaming and /r/gaming are ridiculous):

 

(keep in mind my ramblings and the word 'you' are directed at the comments I read on Reddit, obviously I'm posting them here to avoid the schiit storm from butt hurt gamers)

 

Why?

 

They are retarded and blinded by bias.

 

Obviously I make bias remarks all the time about politics. But like Chomsky does, its needed to prove my point. Whilst the 'fellow' gamers are just blinded by idiotic ramblings without taking into ANY account the 'workings' behind why they did what they did. The majority of the reasons are because companies don't want to make 80% of a product designed for the 1% of the people. (PC Enthusiasts complainging about all the console schiit and performance is an example). The next one would be actual demographic targetting, and money it costs.

 

And then there is priority for marketing.

 

Bad ass console? It already is one. But this is a professional press conference. They want to market, not impress the 5% of gamers who go bad ass X360CODPRESTIGE-noscope.

 

It already has bad ass console down. Now to move forward, it needs to focus on integration into your life and other things.

 

Always On DRM is a small thing to actually care about. The future is now. When you go camping and have no reception. You miss your damm football game and you deal with it. Because that is what you have been taught and learned to care about. You don't own any of the damm stuff you buy that is digital. You are just a peasant renting it on behalf of the distribution company.  $60 is a dime in the bucket for a material good that a good portion of the world can't afford. And in the end, you are just renting a copy on behalf of the goodwill of the distribution company.

 

Size is too big? Screw yourselves. It's a thing that sits underneath your TV and doesn't move. Remember the last time stuff got too small? Yeah, heat problems and failure.

 

Not enough gaming firepower for the future? Xbox 360 and PS3 showed you PC Enthusiast tards what 'firepower' really means. And the definition of firepower today. Is called efficiency you tard.

 

 

/rant 

 

Which is a huge reason for why I dislike my own demographic.

Still reading Retarddit? I see.

post #75843 of 130758
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Still reading Retarddit? I see.

^ey. bowei reddit :> he read his own rant. 

post #75844 of 130758
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Still reading Retarddit? I see.

yep, its too addicting to not do it.

 

I hate it and love it. I hate the users, and half the content is sensationalism and wrong. But none the less. It's like heroin. 

post #75845 of 130758
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

yep, its too addicting to not do it.

 

I hate it and love it. I hate the users, and half the content is sensationalism and wrong. But none the less. It's like heroin. 

I guess your cocaine/marijuana is head-fi :p

 

wtf section. that's what I'm not talking about :>

post #75846 of 130758
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

"Somebody stole my PS Vita from me today. I’m not that angry about it. In fact, it was nice to know that somebody somewhere wanted a PS Vita"

This so sad... ;__;

So anyone played Soul Sacrifice? I heard that's The Game that will make the PS Vita fly off the shelves. Like how Fire Emblem Awakening is to 3DS.

 

I think you should try the Soul Sacrifice demo first. I don't like it because combat feels stiff. I think what would make Vitas fly off the shelves is if Namco releases a "Tales of" game on the Vita. But the problem is that the Vita isn't selling well in the US so Namco doesn't want to release them. Funny how that works.

 

I don't know how I feel about the Xbox One. They are partnering up with EA. It might be their downfall.

post #75847 of 130758
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddyxm View Post

 

I think you should try the Soul Sacrifice demo first. I don't like it because combat feels stiff. I think what would make Vitas fly off the shelves is if Namco releases a "Tales of" game on the Vita. But the problem is that the Vita isn't selling well in the US so Namco doesn't want to release them. Funny how that works.

 

I don't know how I feel about the Xbox One. They are partnering up with EA. It might be their downfall.

oh about the next xobx. what's the name? I've seen xbox infinity and 720, but iono what it is :p

Guessing the Xbox one is another 360 like the slim?

 

Bah. idevices can go die in a hole when it comes to games. 

post #75848 of 130758
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddyxm View Post

I don't know how I feel about the Xbox One. They are partnering up with EA. It might be their downfall.


Now to go full circle, we need a EA=Hitler rant :)

post #75849 of 130758

have i feeling i was actually put on panda's block list ): I JUST SAID THAT OREIMO WASN'T THAT GREAT.

 

But really, sorry if I've been a bit insensitive lately bowei :>

post #75850 of 130758
I can see that efficiency is more needed for a PC gaming, but from what I see from the consoles' effect to PC gaming in the 7/8 years it's up (the 360 and PS3 that is) is that it results in poor PC games that are not PC exclusive genres. Poorer resolution, crappy ports, not enough game options to tweak for minmaxing performance, crap FoV for shooters because consoles' hardware are stuck in 14-years-ago age and they use 65 FPS so that they can render less graphics, poor adaptation for mouse + kb usage, etc.

If the consoles of this next coming gen is only as good as upper mid PCs now, and they are going in for the long haul like it did for the 360/PS3 gen, PC gaming is going go get shafted again. And with the mindless increase in game development and production... well, things aren't looking that great, to be pessimistically honest.

The PC gamers have a point. You're a bit too blinded by your rage. Heck I'm making this argument without a killer desktop rig. Just a measely "gaming" laptop from MSI with 2nd gen i7, some mobile NVidia card and a bit of RAM. I must have all the options to tweak since I can't afford to run at whatever limited performance options console ports are going to force me to use.

Sure this is going by your rage-induced post of retarddit, but I can see a few bits of good points why they are raging.

EDIT: I've reread my post and I made no ******* sense. Meh. I can't rewrite it with me being this tired.
Edited by jgray91 - 5/21/13 at 3:27pm
post #75851 of 130758
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Not enough gaming firepower for the future? Xbox 360 and PS3 showed you PC Enthusiast tards what 'firepower' really means. And the definition of firepower today. Is called efficiency you tard.

30fps or lower with no AA, no AF, no AO, three lights and a bunch of repetitive procedural textures with all the "HD" textures saved for faces pumped out at 720p at best? Damn...that's efficient. Then porting the whole steaming pile of turds to the PC by slapping the kb/mouse diagram over the top of the controller diagram and hoping some buttons match up...


Edited by Tangster - 5/21/13 at 3:31pm
post #75852 of 130758
Oh and talking about efficiency, you know what game devs have been doing the past 4 years with console hardware? Milking the old hardware for as many performance they can get; i.e. increasing efficiency of the hardware. And what, pray tell, that PC gamers get from all the efficiency? Crap ports because the devs didn't get paid enough to make any more work for even a mediocre PC port.
post #75853 of 130758
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

oh about the next xobx. what's the name? I've seen xbox infinity and 720, but iono what it is :p

Guessing the Xbox one is another 360 like the slim?

 

Bah. idevices can go die in a hole when it comes to games. 

 

Xbox One is the name for the new console.  Honestly the rumored name Xbox Infinity spread by reddit sounded better.

post #75854 of 130758
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

I can see that efficiency is more needed for a PC gaming, but from what I see from the consoles' effect to PC gaming in the 7/8 years it's up (the 360 and PS3 that is) is that it results in poor PC games that are not PC exclusive genres. Poorer resolution, crappy ports, not enough game options to tweak for minmaxing performance, crap FoV for shooters because consoles' hardware are stuck in 14-years-ago age and they use 65 FPS so that they can render less graphics, poor adaptation for mouse + kb usage, etc.

If the consoles of this next coming gen is only as good as upper mid PCs now, and they are going in for the long haul like it did for the 360/PS3 gen, PC gaming is going go get shafted again. And with the mindless increase in game development and production... well, things aren't looking that great, to be pessimistically honest.

The PC gamers have a point. You're a bit too blinded by your rage. Heck I'm making this argument without a killer desktop rig. Just a measely "gaming" laptop from MSI with 2nd gen i7, some mobile NVidia card and a bit of RAM. I must have all the options to tweak since I can't afford to run at whatever limited performance options console ports are going to force me to use.

Sure this is going by your rage-induced post of retarddit, but I can see a few bits of good points why they are raging.

EDIT: I've reread my post and I made no ******* sense. Meh. I can't rewrite it with me being this tired.

As of right now, its more needed for consoles as they have crap hardware.

 

The PC Gaming reddit is raging about ridiculous things though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

30fps or lower with no AA, no AF, no AO, three lights and a bunch of repetitive procedural textures with all the "HD" textures saved for faces pumped out at 720p at best? Damn...that's efficient. Then porting the whole steaming pile of turds to the PC by slapping the kb/mouse diagram over the top of the controller diagram and hoping some buttons match up...

It's still quite good considering the hardware they use

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Oh and talking about efficiency, you know what game devs have been doing the past 4 years with console hardware? Milking the old hardware for as many performance they can get; i.e. increasing efficiency of the hardware. And what, pray tell, that PC gamers get from all the efficiency? Crap ports because the devs didn't get paid enough to make any more work for even a mediocre PC port.

Consoles need it more

 

I do wish PC gets more focus

post #75855 of 130758
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddyxm View Post

 

Xbox One is the name for the new console.  Honestly the rumored name Xbox Infinity spread by reddit sounded better.

o i c...

 

welcome to the thread :D sorry for not saying so earlier. 

 

Being completely ignored by panda... something is wrong...

 

Well, I've seen a lot of shortenings of names and have made up names for a majority of the older thread members. I still haven't seen jgray.... so he'll be mad man. wait... that leaves me with manveru....


Edited by MrViolin - 5/21/13 at 4:17pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge