Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 5054

post #75796 of 111300
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

How about you help me design the b1o Labs website?

I suck at graphics / design.......

 

 

Good idea! Too bad I have ZERO basics and not sure when that ZERO would change to something else

post #75797 of 111300
I also auditioned some super fancy phones last week :-)
Sennheiser HD800 plugged into some kind of tube amp. That thing was huge! Tubes all over the place.
And experience I hopefully will never forget :-D
The Hifi shop also has some HE-500 I really need to listen to.
post #75798 of 111300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakahah View Post

The final scene of episode 7 - 'Flowers of Evil' anime...unreal. I'm still all tingly just thinking about it. Once you get accustomed to the rotoscoping characters, the anime just blows you away with intensity. That final scene was so mesmerizing. I find it hard to even care about the other 15 anime I'm following after watching this one -- guess it's just my style. 

Anyone else a fan of the show?

Fan of the anime. Honestly the manga didn't grab me at all back when I stumbled upon it. Still haven't caught up with the latest yet; did a marathon of it from 2 to 4... my god do I feel very disturbed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atominator99 View Post

I enjoy the show, but I've only seen about 3 or 4 episodes of it. I'm going to wait for it to all be out and then I'm going to marathon it.

I guess you can do that, if you want to feel very disturbed or scared even.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

To be honest, the visual style creeps me out. And the story itself is somehow... disturbing.
Don't really know what to think about it :-\

That's the whole point of it, I feel. For a story with a disturbing theme and showing something that's "out of the norm" it is wise that the audience to feel disturbed and out of their comfort zone by the virtue of what's shown is a different thing altogether. The rotoscope just reinforce that feel in the anime, whereas the manga would probably breed sympathy for Nakamura. Which is an alien thing to consider however way anyone slice it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

C, C++, Java, Python are pretty common I think.

And probably HTML too. Easy to make money with those nowadays lol

If this (somehow) make you feel better, here are the degree courses available :

Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electrical


Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics


Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics Majoring in Telecommunications


Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics Majoring in Computer


Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics Majoring in Nanotechnology


Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics Majoring in Optical Engineering


 


My friend predicted that electrical may have a huge market in the future. What with all eco energy and stuff


*flips tables*

But then again I can't really see any job prospect from that.

Good luck on your exams raptor.
post #75799 of 111300
post #75800 of 111300
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakahah View Post

The final scene of episode 7 - 'Flowers of Evil' anime...unreal. I'm still all tingly just thinking about it. Once you get accustomed to the rotoscoping characters, the anime just blows you away with intensity. That final scene was so mesmerizing. I find it hard to even care about the other 15 anime I'm following after watching this one -- guess it's just my style. 

Anyone else a fan of the show?

Fan of the anime. Honestly the manga didn't grab me at all back when I stumbled upon it. Still haven't caught up with the latest yet; did a marathon of it from 2 to 4... my god do I feel very disturbed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atominator99 View Post

I enjoy the show, but I've only seen about 3 or 4 episodes of it. I'm going to wait for it to all be out and then I'm going to marathon it.

I guess you can do that, if you want to feel very disturbed or scared even.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

To be honest, the visual style creeps me out. And the story itself is somehow... disturbing.
Don't really know what to think about it :-\

That's the whole point of it, I feel. For a story with a disturbing theme and showing something that's "out of the norm" it is wise that the audience to feel disturbed and out of their comfort zone by the virtue of what's shown is a different thing altogether. The rotoscope just reinforce that feel in the anime, whereas the manga would probably breed sympathy for Nakamura. Which is an alien thing to consider however way anyone slice it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

C, C++, Java, Python are pretty common I think.

And probably HTML too. Easy to make money with those nowadays lol

If this (somehow) make you feel better, here are the degree courses available :

Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electrical


Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics


Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics Majoring in Telecommunications


Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics Majoring in Computer


Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics Majoring in Nanotechnology


Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics Majoring in Optical Engineering


 


My friend predicted that electrical may have a huge market in the future. What with all eco energy and stuff


*flips tables*

But then again I can't really see any job prospect from that.

Good luck on your exams raptor.

Nanotech isn't really an industry-based field in the first place. It's still quite new. If there is a job market, it would be in the pharmaceutical area I think.

..............or headphones. XD
JVC Carbon Nanotubes!
post #75801 of 111300
@borisu
You get into HK sci tech?
post #75802 of 111300
Just finished watching the new Xbox conference.

Breaking news! Xbox One allows you to watch TV. Playing games, not so much...
post #75803 of 111300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post

Just finished watching the new Xbox conference.

Breaking news! Xbox One allows you to watch TV. Playing games, not so much...


I think the whole gaming part will be shown a lot more detailed at E3. The hardware is pretty promising, if you ask me.
But yes, they seem to focus more on the multimedia/entertainment part, than the gaming. Sony went above and beyond with all its streaming etc. stuff :/

post #75804 of 111300

Xbox looks nice :)

 

I like a good experience. 

 

I'm guessing the word 'One' will soon drop from normal conversation into just the 'Xbox' after a year or two from now.

post #75805 of 111300
dYbp7Db.png
wScRKxj.png


I guess they called it Xbox 1 because they know they are 12 years behind...
Edited by Accoun - 5/21/13 at 11:47am
post #75806 of 111300
Just caught up with the #xboxreveal through twitter. Missed the show because I was watching Shoutcraft America VoD. Welp, I think the PS4 is gonna win on the hardcore side, and the brodude side the XBox One.

If I have the money to buy one when both are released, I'd pick the PS4, even if that means cramping my hands on the small controller. Also the emphasis on "cloud" is also a red flag for "always online b**ch".
Edited by jgray91 - 5/21/13 at 11:58am
post #75807 of 111300
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Just caught up with the #xboxreveal through twitter. Missed the show because I was watching Shoutcraft America VoD. Welp, I think the PS4 is gonna win on the hardcore side, and the brodude side the XBox One.

If I have the money to buy one when both are released, I'd pick the PS4, even if that means cramping my hands on the small controller. Also the emphasis on "cloud" is also a red flag for "always online b**ch".

Dualshock is the best.

post #75808 of 111300

Anyone played Katawa Shoujo? Seems like it could be kinda depressing, but might be worth a shot when I get a decent chunk of time off.

post #75809 of 111300
KTteljF.png

Genius.
post #75810 of 111300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Anyone played Katawa Shoujo? Seems like it could be kinda depressing, but might be worth a shot when I get a decent chunk of time off.


I watched a playthrough of 3 of the storylines. The setting is a bit....special (see what I did there :/) but the game itself is pretty nice :)
Nothing too fancy, though.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge