Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q701, HE-400, D5000 and Matrix M-Stage? Last post on 8/3/14 at 5:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank AudioQuest for providing me with a review sample of their product in exchange for my honest opinion. No matter how much I enjoy listening to...
Read a number of reviews on this pair of headphones before buying, and was quite surprised that no one mentioned the boxy band ( maybe somewhere around 3.5 - 5k ?? ) of upper mids. some songs...
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 5019
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Because not everyone wants to have their faces show up in Google Images.
I was talking about some(not many) universities offering bursaries/grants to exceptionally high flying students. Tilpo iirc gets something because he's on a 90% average mark in his course, although ofc, that's in the Netherlands, but the premise is similar here, albeit typically at 80%, not 90%.
No in my course I'm more in the range of top 70-80%, but that's because I'm doing a prestigious course.
In the Netherlands everyone gets a crapload of money from the government when studying. In return we have higher taxes, and in the end people who end up studying pay what they got from the government back at least twice because on average high educated people get better jobs.
Speaking of which, a good friend of mine announced today that he got invited to study in Paris at the Ecole Normale Superieure. (One of the best universities in Europe)
It makes me feel sad because his academic achievements are so much better than mine. I study approximately the same amount, I'm in fact faster when doing exercises, and still he gets much higher grades than I do. This world is so unfair.
It's always a sad thing that even if you're in the top 1% of the nation or less in terms of academics, you're still surrounded by people who are much better than yourself. This is a problem facing everyone in this world except for the very very highest.
I feel sad, and I'm going to crawl up into a small ball. I'm also motivated by this to do more and more and more extra courses and study my ass of so I can at least get into a prestigious uni for my graduate/masters degree.
Don't underestimate it though. The world of research is a tough one, and you may find that funds always are allocated to people of whom you think don't earn it, while your research team is left with a very small share of the funds.
^ funds +1000
Also +1000 to top people. It's so depressing when I compare myself to other students in my department. T_T
Edited by miceblue - 5/17/13 at 3:21am
It's a good read though I like the story. Better than when a manga series has been going on for too long with the mangaka confused on how to end it properly then random characters and things start occurring out of the blue.
Violin was too highly strung to answer...
BTW, violins dont chime, they screech.
I think it's best to bow out now while the topic is still low key.
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › LH Labs Verb IEM Impressions Thread 39 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 46 seconds ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 1 minute ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 1 minute ago
- › Making my first set of headphone cables... tips, tricks, help would... 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Manley LAB Series 100 monoblocks /w Grommes HA-600 headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › Pioneer SE-A1000 Appreciation Club ( Sennheiser HD 650 for $45?) 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Sennheiser HD650 w/ Chris_Himself Solid Silver Cable Excellentt... 3 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 (& Plus) & iOS 8 Sound Quality Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2 USB DAC by twister6
- › AKG K271 MKII Headphones by 1nfiniti
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2