Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 5012

post #75166 of 139919

My first games include Mario, Battle City, The Legend of Kage, Twin Bee... I was born in the 80s redface.gif

post #75167 of 139919

I can't remember the first game I played, but I know Tetris, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Earthworm Jim, and Sonic 2 are probably among the first games I played. I also have fond memory of those "100 games in 1" cartridges, I played the hell out of 'Tank'.

 

Final Fantasy 7 and Ocarina of Time were my first major games I guess.

 

On the PC, I think it was C&C Red Alert, but since I was so young (and dumb), I remember messing around with the .ini files making my units overpowered, because I had no clue as to what I was doing. Earth 2140 was a great strategy game too, I actually played that one properly. tongue.gif

post #75168 of 139919
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedTea View Post

super mario...? ;)

Well that's one of them alright! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

I can't remember the first game I played, but I know Tetris, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Earthworm Jim, and Sonic 2 are probably among the first games I played. I also have fond memory of those "100 games in 1" cartridges, I played the hell out of 'Tank'.

 

Final Fantasy 7 and Ocarina of Time were my first major games I guess.

 

On the PC, I think it was C&C Red Alert, but since I was so young (and dumb), I remember messing around with the .ini files making my units overpowered, because I had no clue as to what I was doing. Earth 2140 was a great strategy game too, I actually played that one properly. tongue.gif

This. Hence not remembering any of the names.

But some of the ones I do remember the names include bomberman (might have been later actually), Mario, Ice Climbers and stuff like that. There were some racing games and other stuff too but i don't know the names.

 

First RPG I finished was Tales of Destiny. FF7 I didn't manage to get that far, FF8 (much later) I was at the last dungeon but computer got reformatted along with my save.

 

On PC the oldest... I do wonder. It was on DOS.

Oh and a tank game you can play 2 players. That one was fun :D

post #75169 of 139919
Nintendo game I liked the best was F-zero. Which I gather was not exactly everyone's favourite.
post #75170 of 139919
Meh. I didn't really play games back in the day. The only PC at home was dad's and he was REALLY strict with it.
There were consoles, but of course parents didn't want to "waste money" on them. I think the Chinese NES clones were popular, I've seen SNES in stores, Sega Saturn adverts in Donald Duck comic magazines, but no one really had them from people I knew. After the Famiclones, the only console that could be called "popular" or "successful" these times was the PSX. Mostly because of easy, cheap and available-everywhere modding and pirate copies "from under the desk" at marketplaces and even normal game stores. This and the Game Boys, except the games for it costed much, and the most popular were bootlegs and of course the pirate "100 in 1" cartridges.

I don't really remember the first game I've played, but the first game I owned was Gruntz - a pretty awesome RTS/puzzle (!) game by Monolith, before they became one of the masters of FPS games with the likes of No One Lives Forever and Aliens Vs Predator 2.
That was 1999. The next one was Lego Racers. I remember the disc being in a plain jewel case and my dad printing a custom made cover for it. Ironically, I can't find it anywhere but I still have a copy I burned for my cousin that for some reason I never gave to him.
Edited by Accoun - 5/16/13 at 8:04am
post #75171 of 139919
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Kalbee's already done that. You could ask him as well.
Not the entire lineup yet but best to have more opinions.
Plus my first experience with CIEMs was during the Headphone Festival so unlike Boris I'm not very experienced in this field.
Besides, Boris goes to Japan... I think he SHOULD give the FitEars a listen.

P.S. i wonder how many people even looked at the pdf I compiled :/
took me a while to do it. The contents don't mean all that much but gives you an idea of what kind of headphones/earphones a few anisong singers and seiyuu use.
I did, but I didn't understand SCHIIT so I didn't reply lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post



First speed test I did with this: 53 WPM. That's impressive I should say. q
Niceu!
White's not my favorite color for computer related things but that looks pretty good.
What language is the keyboard badge in btw?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Denim denim denim.
Oh god, that's such a bad joke >_<<br /> I didn't even play the original Mario games until a couple years ago and I know what he's saying...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

o.o
I don't even know the name of my first video game. It was on NES though.
Tetris and castlevania on the original game boy tongue.gif
I could never get past level 3 on castlevania as a child though. So then I went to some crappy windows 98 racing games to pass the time biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post

Meh. I didn't really play games back in the day. The only PC at home was dad's and he was REALLY strict with it.
There were consoles, but of course parents didn't want to "waste money" on them. I think the Chinese NES clones were popular, I've seen SNES in stores, Sega Saturn adverts in Donald Duck comic magazines, but no one really had them from people I knew. After the Famiclones, the only console that could be called "popular" or "successful" these times was the PSX. Mostly because of easy, cheap and available-everywhere modding and pirate copies "from under the desk" at marketplaces and even normal game stores. This and the Game Boys, except the games for it costed much, and the most popular were bootlegs and of course the pirate "100 in 1" cartridges.

I don't really remember the first game I've played, but the first game I owned was Gruntz - a pretty awesome RTS/puzzle (!) game by Monolith, before they became one of the masters of FPS games with the likes of No One Lives Forever and Aliens Vs Predator 2.
That was 1999. The next one was Lego Racers. I remember the disc being in a plain jewel case and my dad printing a custom made cover for it. Ironically, I can't find it anywhere but I still have a copy I burned for my cousin that for some reason I never gave to him.
Holy crap, I have a copy of Lego racers too! eek.gif. I never played it that much though because it lagged too bad on our old computer...
post #75172 of 139919

Darn it. Missed the 5000 pages milestone...

 

Games eh? Don't have much memory about playing games since most f the games I played only played halfway through before I forget about it

post #75173 of 139919
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


I did, but I didn't understand SCHIIT so I didn't reply lol

Oh god, that's such a bad joke >_<

Oh, well just a few Seiyuu and the headphones/earphones they use.

 

I didn't understand the joke until it got explained. The coin sound never clicked to me as sounding like "denim" hence the failure.

post #75174 of 139919

As far as I can remember, I think the first game that I actually played until the end(not 100% completed) was FFX

 

Anybody a fan of Harvest Moon? The first VN-related game I played

post #75175 of 139919
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Holy crap, I have a copy of Lego racers too! eek.gif. I never played it that much though because it lagged too bad on our old computer...

I actually downloaded the PSX version and converted it for PSP. Still fun, although later in the game it gets suddenly so-freaking-hard that you need more luck than skills and the driving model aged a lot. But yeah, I still had lots of fun, so it's not only nostalgia... :-)
post #75176 of 139919
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

.

The language is some sort of Chinese if I were to guess. It is after all from a Chinese company.

@kalbee, I read through your pdf. <3
post #75177 of 139919
Head-Fi is my Facebook.
post #75178 of 139919
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Head-Fi is my Facebook.
And facebook is my head fi
post #75179 of 139919
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

And facebook is my head fi

I don't even...

post #75180 of 139919

Just post everything you do, take pictures of every meal and you can have an exact clone!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge