Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 5006

post #75076 of 130991

I didn't have to.

 

I'm a Uconn Student getting credit in an ECE class.And that applies to Bio2 and Euro

 

I only had to take Enviro

post #75077 of 130991
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

done with ap tests :D

no for the stupid schiit they cram before finals. Except cat dissection. Only thing that's good of what's left of school. Stupid ingles project n tests in other classes. 

 

LOL good stuff. Summer is right around the corner!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I didn't have to.

 

I'm a Uconn Student getting credit in an ECE class.And that applies to Bio2 and Euro

 

I only had to take Enviro

 

You go to UConn?

post #75078 of 130991
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post

LOL good stuff. Summer is right around the corner!

too bad my junior year was too much about school :/ should've dropped to honors english and regs precal and kept swimming. Otherwise, bio, apush, and orchestra are chill. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I didn't have to.

 

I'm a Uconn Student getting credit in an ECE class.And that applies to Bio2 and Euro

 

I only had to take Enviro

But it'd have looked better D:

 

ECE? Wait, so you get credit for college even w/ out the ap test? FUUUUUUUUUUUU. 

post #75079 of 130991
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post

 

LOL good stuff. Summer is right around the corner!

 

 

You go to UConn?

No. I don't

 

I am a Uconn Student. But I don't go there biggrin.gif

 

There are ECE classes at my school that also double as A.P classes. They are called A.P____ classes but some also double as Uconn ECE accreditied ones. If you pay for it/sign up at the beginning of the year. You become a Uconn Stduent. As you more or less payed for a Uconn course hosted on an accredited off main campus site. One that is called Early College Experience. Everyone there gets all the same privelages and access of Uconn students. Meaning campus entry, library usage, and anything. Your accounts and everything are the same as regular students not to mention you get accounts and everything and id's.

 

So yeah, I'm a Uconn Student. I just don't go there.

 

But to be fair, it isn't my real college.

 

I'm heading off to the Virginia Polytechnical Institute and State University (Virginia Tech) in a few months as a true Freshmen.

 

I'll be heading there with about 20 university credits under my belt which is the same as about 1 semester (or half year) of work for people.

 

But of course they don't account for actual graduation requirements but the fake ones.

 

I still have the abundences of 'real' courses I need to take for my major. I just have my B.S freshmen science and possibly humanities courses squared away.

 

And I didn't have to pay $14,000 for the semester payment and instead only paid $600-$700) for the price of the 3 ECE programs(approx $500 in total) and the two A.P tests($190) I took.

post #75080 of 130991
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

too bad my junior year was too much about school :/ should've dropped to honors english and regs precal and kept swimming. Otherwise, bio, apush, and orchestra are chill. 

But it'd have looked better D:

 

ECE? Wait, so you get credit for college even w/ out the ap test? FUUUUUUUUUUUU. 

Yep.

 

Two of my classes are full college classes. You need to sign up and pay as a real College studnet though. 

 

So yeah, just have to 'go' through the school year as normal. Take the Uconn ECE final test(which is basically just a more professional mid term and final) and pass above a C- and I get credit

 

A.P bio 2 counted as TWO WHOL FRICKING college BiO classes though which is awesome. That's 8 credits right there.

post #75081 of 130991

I wonder if yandere Vocaloid really works out that well.

post #75082 of 130991

lol, I know about the ECE stuff and such. A few of my friends did similar things in high school. But VT? That's gonna cost you a good dime. Any idea based on your EFC how much money you'll get down the line? I know you said your first semester is going to be reduced but the future is gonna be pretty rough without scholarship or financial aid.

 

 

@Violin Damn, well at least you are doing well! Sometimes I wish I did better in high school and didn't play around so much but I was still overall a solid student and I can get into some decent schools. Here is hoping I get into the University of Delaware though. I really don't wanna leave DE...that and it's one of the best schools in the nation. Where do you live anyway?

post #75083 of 130991
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post

lol, I know about the ECE stuff and such. A few of my friends did similar things in high school. But VT? That's gonna cost you a good dime. Any idea based on your EFC how much money you'll get down the line? I know you said your first semester is going to be reduced but the future is gonna be pretty rough without scholarship or financial aid.

 

 

@Violin Damn, well at least you are doing well! Sometimes I wish I did better in high school and didn't play around so much but I was still overall a solid student and I can get into some decent schools. Here is hoping I get into the University of Delaware though. I really don't wanna leave DE...that and it's one of the best schools in the nation. Where do you live anyway?

It will

 

But not as much as you think

 

It's $11,000 more a year than going to my state Univ(Uconn).

 

HOWEVER. The cost of my grant and scholarship from VT was basically a little over $11,000. Whilst I recieved none from Uconn.

 

This basically covered the 'differential' cost for VT as opposed to Uconn in state.

 

I'm going to do leadership stuff when I get there as B.S. They like B.S and hand out scholarships for B.S

 

The average a studnet recieves in scholarships a year is about $6,000. Add in the grants and federal subsidized loans and I'll be on a balanced level. Not perfect off but decent.

 

VT' has a good actual hiring rate and fare for those with good GPA's 3.0 and higher

post #75084 of 130991

Good Panda, sounds like you made a good choice then!

post #75085 of 130991
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post

Good Panda, sounds like you made a good choice then!

Uconn WAS on my list of a good college until Naviance fricking lied to me.

 

Uconn has two Campuses. The main campus Storrs with everything there and Avery Point. Avery point is $2,000 a year and Storrs for in state is $12,000 a year. Naviance showed me it was $2,000 a year plus $10,000 in food and board so it showed up cheap.

 

But then I realized that Naviance messed up its number reporting. And since Uconn didn't give me a single scholarship or anything as I'm in state. It was a no brainer. Uconn was dropped as my scholarship to VT and the grant covered the difference.

 

My two schools I was left with were Umass Amherst and VT.

 

Umass Amherst was just close enough to be convenient but not close enough that my parents can just pop up and say hi.

 

Their Engineering program was educated and they are obviously also in the nations best standardized test scroing state on the SAT's. Umass Amherst is also the best of all the Amherst.

I also got the second highest scholarship there. The chancellors scholarship which was $8,000 a year and was renewable(not to mention I could get other scholarships later on). Then add in the grant and it was looking good for me.

 

Their engineering program also had one thing that Uconn's didn't. Sponsor/companies that already will hire their students and had programs pre set up for the CE deparement. These companies that partnered with the CE dept and hired many students were Raytheon(never will I work there), Bose, and Analog Digital. Analog Digital if you aren't familiar is a world maker of op amps. The AD_____ op amps are from them.

 

So life was looking good at Umass Amherst.

 

But the thing was. 

 

My major WASN'T a major that required graduate school. And thus undergrad meant I needed everything to be pulled at undergrad level. This means masssive connections, prestige, fame and etc at my undergrad school. And VT was thus the choice. Their fairs are absolutely huge and they boast world wide people.

 

Their food is also the nations top 3 for best univ food and their Engineering dept overall subjectively is #21 as opposed to #60's for Umass and Uconn.

 

And so with that. I took back my waitlistings for WPI and Stevens and accepted VT's offer of admission.

 

I'll be 680 miles away in a land far far away, but my future is on the line

post #75086 of 130991

Lucky you with the scholarships and grants. eek.gif

Nothing even remotely similar here unless you're from an exceptionally poor family, although certain universities do have financial bonuses for students on an exceptional score, such as a consistent 80% plus(similar to Tilpo's 90% thing). Uk higher education is going down the pan...

post #75087 of 130991
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post

lol, I know about the ECE stuff and such. A few of my friends did similar things in high school. But VT? That's gonna cost you a good dime. Any idea based on your EFC how much money you'll get down the line? I know you said your first semester is going to be reduced but the future is gonna be pretty rough without scholarship or financial aid.

 

 

@Violin Damn, well at least you are doing well! Sometimes I wish I did better in high school and didn't play around so much but I was still overall a solid student and I can get into some decent schools. Here is hoping I get into the University of Delaware though. I really don't wanna leave DE...that and it's one of the best schools in the nation. Where do you live anyway?

Hehehe. De La War. I live... in Cali :>

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Yep.

 

Two of my classes are full college classes. You need to sign up and pay as a real College studnet though. 

 

So yeah, just have to 'go' through the school year as normal. Take the Uconn ECE final test(which is basically just a more professional mid term and final) and pass above a C- and I get credit

 

A.P bio 2 counted as TWO WHOL FRICKING college BiO classes though which is awesome. That's 8 credits right there.

ga^3

As much as a college course? How much did you pay? lol 8 credits. Overkill^4. Too bad the uni's here don't have... but the uni's here are asdf. 

post #75088 of 130991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Lucky you with the scholarships and grants. eek.gif

Nothing even remotely similar here unless you're from an exceptionally poor family, although certain universities do have financial bonuses for students on an exceptional score, such as a consistent 80% plus(similar to Tilpo's 90% thing). Uk higher education is going down the pan...

But you guys don't get stuck with $35,000 a year costs of attending a Univ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

Hehehe. De La War. I live... in Cali :>

ga^3

As much as a college course? How much did you pay? lol 8 credits. Overkill^4. Too bad the uni's here don't have... but the uni's here are asdf. 

Yep, My A.P Bio Class is actually two Uconn classes. $230 per class so it was that X3 for the two BiO's and the Euro class.

 

Enviro was not an ECE class so I took the A.P test.

 

The most I'll be able to transfer is 20 credits to VT rolleyes.gif

post #75089 of 130991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Lucky you with the scholarships and grants. eek.gif

Nothing even remotely similar here unless you're from an exceptionally poor family, although certain universities do have financial bonuses for students on an exceptional score, such as a consistent 80% plus(similar to Tilpo's 90% thing). Uk higher education is going down the pan...

lolwtfisthatbull.

Here, it's the top 10% based on GPA and you're auto admitted. But that's soon to be banished b/c of discrimination/reverse discrimination from what my APUSH told me. Pretty much the top 10% here kick the asses of a lot of other schools... and if I transferred to that school... :p it'd be great for me. 


Edited by MrViolin - 5/15/13 at 5:42pm
post #75090 of 130991
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

lolwtfisthatbull.

Here, it's the top 10% based on GPA and you're auto admitted. But that's soon to be banished b/c of discrimination/reverse discrimination from what my APUSH told me. Pretty much the top 10% here kick the asses of a lot of other schools... and if I transferred to that school... :p it'd be great for me. 

What are you guys talking about with the percentages?

 

Yeah, GPA is huge.

 

VT practived affirmative action, but considering I'm Asian. It likely worked against my favor.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge