Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 5002

post #75016 of 129991
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Why inkscape?
Code:
<svg> <text> I prefer programming my diagrams instead of using WYSIWYG editors.</text>
<text>maybe it's because I can't draw for crap, typing in coordinates is much easier for me.</text>
<text>when it comes to nice diagrams it's always Tikz or SVG programming for me... </text> </svg>

and this is true, that's why I recommended hand-drawn instead.

Inkscape because I can learn what I need in 5 minutes and just repeating it et al. Mind you this is for the short term; long term would probably mean learning LaTeX.
post #75017 of 129991

@overclocking

 

This is what intel says:

Quote:
Altering clock frequency and/or voltage may: (i) reduce system stability and useful life of the system, processor, and other system components; (ii) cause the processor and other system components to fail; (iii) cause reductions in system performance; (iv) cause additional heat or other damage; and (v) affect system data integrity. Intel has not tested, and does not warranty, the operation of the processor beyond its specifications. Intel has not tested, and does not warranty, the operation of other system components beyond their industry standard specifications. Intel assumes no responsibility that the processor and other system components, including if used with altered clock frequencies and/or voltages, will be fit for any particular purpose.

 

So... why do it?

If I were to dish out a few hundred bucks on a processor, the last thing I'd want is to mess it up.

post #75018 of 129991
Word has it that gargantia's BD is delayed a month to make the OVA better. That's code for "this does not have enough polished T&A, not enough suddenly-popped bikini tops, too much steam in the onsen and too few ecchi shenanigans". This also means that I am hating them a bit.

I'm starting to miss stealth-obvious plots that Butcher Gen is known for (and why I love him). Still haven't watched ep. 6 though, since it's a culture episode with lots of T&A. Sure that's fine when I want to fap, not so fine when I want to not fap.
post #75019 of 129991
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

@overclocking

This is what intel says:
Quote:
Altering clock frequency and/or voltage may: (i) reduce system stability and useful life of the system, processor, and other system components; (ii) cause the processor and other system components to fail; (iii) cause reductions in system performance; (iv) cause additional heat or other damage; and (v) affect system data integrity. Intel has not tested, and does not warranty, the operation of the processor beyond its specifications. Intel has not tested, and does not warranty, the operation of other system components beyond their industry standard specifications. Intel assumes no responsibility that the processor and other system components, including if used with altered clock frequencies and/or voltages, will be fit for any particular purpose.

So... why do it?
If I were to dish out a few hundred bucks on a processor, the last thing I'd want is to mess it up.

It's like modding or something: to try and get more out of it.
post #75020 of 129991
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post


dont cpus normally run at 0.xxx to 1.xxxV?
Usually in the 4 area for this generation. Next gen top line chips will be lower

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

@overclocking

This is what intel says:

So... why do it?
If I were to dish out a few hundred bucks on a processor, the last thing I'd want is to mess it up.
What jgray said

Plus dont read that. Thats just to protect intels ass. They are very supportive of oc ing.
Done right and you wont have to worry about it
post #75021 of 129991
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

It's like modding or something: to try and get more out of it.

Hmm..... maybe I'd be willing a burn a few hundred bucks when I get a proper job...

TBH I'd much rather pay a few hundreds more to get a better one.

post #75022 of 129991
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Plus dont read that. Thats just to protect intels ass. They are very supportive of oc ing.
Done right and you wont have to worry about it

Ofc they are! You'd have to buy a new one if you managed to burn yours doing it and they take no responsibility for it. wink.gif

post #75023 of 129991
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Usually in the 4 area for this generation. Next gen top line chips will be lower

According to the Xeon E3-1200 series datasheet:

 

post #75024 of 129991
Well not all OCers are complete bricks when they are OCing. Most of them should probably have semi-advanced knowledge on how CPUs work and as such, they know what risks to take when OCing a new hardware/architecture/etc. I assume it's not that hard to follow instructions for OCing, much like how it's not hard to follow a modding instruction. The ones that "pioneer" it are usually already have more than a basic idea on what does what.
post #75025 of 129991
Yoshi||toshi ABe and Range Murata needs to work on more anime.
Edited by jgray91 - 5/15/13 at 3:46am
post #75026 of 129991
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Well not all OCers are complete bricks when they are OCing. Most of them should probably have semi-advanced knowledge on how CPUs work and as such, they know what risks to take when OCing a new hardware/architecture/etc. I assume it's not that hard to follow instructions for OCing, much like how it's not hard to follow a modding instruction. The ones that "pioneer" it are usually already have more than a basic idea on what does what.


Hmm that's true too.

I just went through some datasheets and I think I understand 5-10% of it tongue.gif

post #75027 of 129991
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Ofc they are! You'd have to buy a new one if you managed to burn yours doing it and they take no responsibility for it. wink.gif

Intel have a fairly cheap insurance plan(one off payment) for overclocking. Kill the chip and they replace it.

post #75028 of 129991
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Ofc they are! You'd have to buy a new one if you managed to burn yours doing it and they take no responsibility for it. wink.gif
but its also business.

The few oc ers breaking their cpu barely make intel much money. There are about 1 million serious cpu enthusiasts world wide and only a small fraction do hardcre oc

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

According to the Xeon E3-1200 series datasheet:


Got my numbers wrong. Many were in the 1.4 range in 2009-2011
Edited by bowei006 - 5/15/13 at 5:28am
post #75029 of 129991
Official top 25 rankings.



All time top 250 rankings (that's as many people as have posted in this thread) Huge image (Click to show)

Edited by Tilpo - 5/15/13 at 6:29am
post #75030 of 129991
I'm sad to learn that 5k page occurred during my sleep.

Well done guys. You deserve a beer.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge