Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- DAC/AMP for q701 Under $300 Last post on 9/2/13 at 1:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 4883
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yeah you just say I'm from Hong Kong, or I'm a Hong Konger. They generally don't like it whey they're called Chinese. I don't know enough Taiwanese people to say if they care about being called Chinese or not. I don't participate in the Taiwanese Student Association club; only the Chinese and the Hong Kong ones. XD
I don't know either but it wouldn't be not correct.
They are Han Chinese mostly. And their country's official name is "The Republic of China".
I have never heard that... I've heard "I'm from Hong Kong," and if someone is from Hong Kong I will make sure to say that they are from Hong Kong instead of from China, but I have never heard someone use Hong Konger.
I hate it when people call me Taiwanese... I'm Thai...
...HAHA. I lol'd at that!
Since we don't pronounce the "H" in Thai, wouldn't it sound the same as saying Taiwanese
Happy Birthday Atom!
I like Thai food too.
Deadly repercussions later though, more often than not.
This chart is a bit depressing but true
Not sure on how really accurate it is or its sources. But the majority of Americans would literally be the 1%.
I honestly didn't expect that.
I love so-called Thai food from so-called Thai restaurants in 'Merica. XD
I was talking to a friend about the authenticity of restaurant foods in 'Merica. A lot of so-called Indian food really isn't authentic. I was joking that I should make a new dish called "General Wu's Chicken". It dates back to the Han Dynasty and it was used to give his army strength and rejuvenation. Very authentic indeed, backed with historical background. Yup.
Well, of course what you get here isn't what you'll get in Thailand, you just have to watch an Anthony Bourdain show. But, if the person taking my order is Thai and the person cooking it is Thai (I've asked) and the name of the dish in Thai, it's gotta be pretty close right? lol
Welp, got a full refund on my 1 year Crunchroll subscription. Was still in my free trial period anyway.
Playback is always VERY smooth on my iPhone 5 and iPad 4th gen. But on my PS3, Xbox 360, AND 13" MacBook Pro w/ retina display the playback was often stuttering. VERY VERY noticeable during panning sequences and sometimes even otherwise.
And just to see if it were the HD4000 in my rMBP not being able to handle things I tried THREE other laptops. One Mac and two Windows machines. All had the same issues. I went through tech support w/ CR to check my connection... 54Mbps down and 21Mbps up. And a very low ping. CERTAINLY not that.
The last CR employee who replied seemed to imply that my machines just couldn't properly decode the videos. So what does that mean? PS3, 360, and four laptops that are all Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge could not handle it? Three with quad core i7 and dedicated graphics? And my own with a measly dual core i5 and HD4000. So what am I supposed to use? A desktop w/ dual 8-core Xeon processors, 3 TITANS in SLI and 256GB RAM? Is that the only way to play back these mediocre quality streams?
Don't even get me started on the awful color banding and blocking issues. I was willing to look past those for convenient streaming. But stuttering I can absolutely not look past.
I want to also note that I had a Roku 3 for a day to test out the FUNimation app... Which is awful. Very slow. Decent video but awful sound quality. Had that flangy sound of very low bitrate audio. BUT Crunchyroll, if I recall correctly, did not stutter as much on the Roku 3. Perhaps they use the same or similar encodes w/ the Roku and iOS.
Nevertheless, I may or may not try a 1 month subscription and see how much I use it with my iPad. I COULD invest in the Roku 3 again, but do I really want to spend $100 when my PS3, 360, and/or laptop should all be perfectly capable of the same thing?
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FitEar To Go 334 20 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Dual Headphone PC Home Theatre Setup (Help Needed) 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 7 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN HE-400i touring event is coming. 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 Sound Questions + <$50 Sound Card 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)