Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q701, HE-400, D5000 and Matrix M-Stage? Last post on 8/3/14 at 5:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jlab Epic, Don't blow this off if you like Sony MH1 or MH1C Last post on 11/27/13 at 7:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
FiiO Mont Blanc for IEM When you pick up the Mont Blanc you feel like you have something substantial in your hand. Not that is is overly heavy, no, it is conveys the impression that this thing...
I borrowed these from a friend as a trial and I can see why he likes them, unfortunately I do not. Let me elaborate on this as it's no justification at all to dismiss these earphone because I...
My main review is here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/752588/review-earwerkz-supra-the-universal-custom-in-ear-monitor. This will house the TL;DR version: From the comfort, custom-like fit,...
Couldn't find much on the internet about these, so I took the plunge. Pros: Nice aesthetics Solid build quality Cheaper than Bose equivalent, looks and feels nicer,...
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 4883
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yeah you just say I'm from Hong Kong, or I'm a Hong Konger. They generally don't like it whey they're called Chinese. I don't know enough Taiwanese people to say if they care about being called Chinese or not. I don't participate in the Taiwanese Student Association club; only the Chinese and the Hong Kong ones. XD
I don't know either but it wouldn't be not correct.
They are Han Chinese mostly. And their country's official name is "The Republic of China".
I have never heard that... I've heard "I'm from Hong Kong," and if someone is from Hong Kong I will make sure to say that they are from Hong Kong instead of from China, but I have never heard someone use Hong Konger.
I hate it when people call me Taiwanese... I'm Thai...
...HAHA. I lol'd at that!
Since we don't pronounce the "H" in Thai, wouldn't it sound the same as saying Taiwanese
Happy Birthday Atom!
I like Thai food too.
Deadly repercussions later though, more often than not.
This chart is a bit depressing but true
Not sure on how really accurate it is or its sources. But the majority of Americans would literally be the 1%.
I honestly didn't expect that.
I love so-called Thai food from so-called Thai restaurants in 'Merica. XD
I was talking to a friend about the authenticity of restaurant foods in 'Merica. A lot of so-called Indian food really isn't authentic. I was joking that I should make a new dish called "General Wu's Chicken". It dates back to the Han Dynasty and it was used to give his army strength and rejuvenation. Very authentic indeed, backed with historical background. Yup.
Well, of course what you get here isn't what you'll get in Thailand, you just have to watch an Anthony Bourdain show. But, if the person taking my order is Thai and the person cooking it is Thai (I've asked) and the name of the dish in Thai, it's gotta be pretty close right? lol
Welp, got a full refund on my 1 year Crunchroll subscription. Was still in my free trial period anyway.
Playback is always VERY smooth on my iPhone 5 and iPad 4th gen. But on my PS3, Xbox 360, AND 13" MacBook Pro w/ retina display the playback was often stuttering. VERY VERY noticeable during panning sequences and sometimes even otherwise.
And just to see if it were the HD4000 in my rMBP not being able to handle things I tried THREE other laptops. One Mac and two Windows machines. All had the same issues. I went through tech support w/ CR to check my connection... 54Mbps down and 21Mbps up. And a very low ping. CERTAINLY not that.
The last CR employee who replied seemed to imply that my machines just couldn't properly decode the videos. So what does that mean? PS3, 360, and four laptops that are all Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge could not handle it? Three with quad core i7 and dedicated graphics? And my own with a measly dual core i5 and HD4000. So what am I supposed to use? A desktop w/ dual 8-core Xeon processors, 3 TITANS in SLI and 256GB RAM? Is that the only way to play back these mediocre quality streams?
Don't even get me started on the awful color banding and blocking issues. I was willing to look past those for convenient streaming. But stuttering I can absolutely not look past.
I want to also note that I had a Roku 3 for a day to test out the FUNimation app... Which is awful. Very slow. Decent video but awful sound quality. Had that flangy sound of very low bitrate audio. BUT Crunchyroll, if I recall correctly, did not stutter as much on the Roku 3. Perhaps they use the same or similar encodes w/ the Roku and iOS.
Nevertheless, I may or may not try a 1 month subscription and see how much I use it with my iPad. I COULD invest in the Roku 3 again, but do I really want to spend $100 when my PS3, 360, and/or laptop should all be perfectly capable of the same thing?
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Best upgrade from my senn hd558 11 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 14 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 26 seconds ago
- › Cowon Sound Quality 33 seconds ago
- › $50 IEMs for Everyday Use 42 seconds ago
- › Is this jack cable "safe" to use? 53 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-RX700 Mods 1 minute ago
- › WTB black Yulong A28 1 minute ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)