Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 4838

post #72556 of 154057
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

@Bowei, just saw the /r/audiophile post on project H, clearly redditors can't be arsed to read posts...
Read the comments too


Why did they downvote me?
  1. They thought I was selling the damm thing
  2. I responded with a 'sure' to one dude as I didn't know what else to say. Begin the downvotes


Besides that. I am baffled at how many downvotes I got when I did nothing wrong. And worse is. People don't say anything.
Link? (PM)
http://www.reddit.com/r/audiophile/comments/1d8ldc/projecth_dac_and_amp_we_built_this_from_the/

I still don't like the reddit community, never really have either.

People in this thread are here just to chill, hence lounge; and I like this kind of community.

Holy balls, Uncle Erik praised the P-H. That's.... that's something of value amongst H-F.
post #72557 of 154057
I feel like dropping €100 on philosophy books right now.
As always I'm really quite afraid it'll be an impulse buy and I won't fully enjoy it.

I wanna buy an italic fountain pen soon too. However, I decided to put of that purchase until after I've finished Palmer's book on business writing, which will still take me about three months. If I do finish it however, my handwriting should be a lot better. It's also a challenge to myself; to see if I can finish a several month rigorous training like that, and to improve discipline in the process.
The problem is that I set up too many of these challenges to myself, and I tend to get absolutely loaded with work, leaving hardly a grain of free time.
post #72558 of 154057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

I feel like dropping €100 on philosophy books right now.
As always I'm really quite afraid it'll be an impulse buy and I won't fully enjoy it.

I wanna buy an italic fountain pen soon too. However, I decided to put of that purchase until after I've finished Palmer's book on business writing, which will still take me about three months. If I do finish it however, my handwriting should be a lot better. It's also a challenge to myself; to see if I can finish a several month rigorous training like that, and to improve discipline in the process.
The problem is that I set up too many of these challenges to myself, and I tend to get absolutely loaded with work, leaving hardly a grain of free time.

Can't you write in italic with any pen?

post #72559 of 154057
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Can't you write in italic with any pen?

An italic pen is fountain pen with an italic nib. This means that the stroke thickness varies between different directions.
That is, moving from top to the bottom of the paper may yield a much thinner stroke than from left to right. These kind of pens are very useful for calligraphic purposes, and overall fun to experiment with.
post #72560 of 154057

Wonder why Uncle Erik left here?

post #72561 of 154057
Quote:Tilpo
An italic pen is fountain pen with an italic nib. This means that the stroke thickness varies between different directions.

Calligraphy

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calligraphy

 

Google & Wikipedia are your friends.

post #72562 of 154057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


An italic pen is fountain pen with an italic nib. This means that the stroke thickness varies between different directions.
That is, moving from top to the bottom of the paper may yield a much thinner stroke than from left to right. These kind of pens are very useful for calligraphic purposes, and overall fun to experiment with.

Sounds cool!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Wonder why Uncle Erik left here?

so.. who's this Erik guy?
besides that he's a mod here?

post #72563 of 154057
Quote:DefQon
Wonder why Uncle Erik left here?

He couldn't handle my jokes about Mai tai his cat and Rita his ex.....  Just joking..

post #72564 of 154057
So cute how some of you guys think that this SnK episode is epic. Sheet's going to get more epic, and THE REVEAL NIGH!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Wonder why Uncle Erik left here?

How can you wonder that? From lurking though, his friends here have been slowly going away to greener pastures as more and more newcomers come and there's more and more "WHICH HEADPHONES THE BEST FOR ME" thread are made. It's safe to say that he grew bored of it here (and some other conspiracies). Funny though that he went to reddit. If anything, that's worse than here, at least the overall reddit "culture" (or un-culture as I would like to think).
post #72565 of 154057
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

So cute how some of you guys think that this SnK episode is epic. Sheet's going to get more epic, and THE REVEAL NIGH!!!!
How can you wonder that? From lurking though, his friends here have been slowly going away to greener pastures as more and more newcomers come and there's more and more "WHICH HEADPHONES THE BEST FOR ME" thread are made. It's safe to say that he grew bored of it here (and some other conspiracies). Funny though that he went to reddit. If anything, that's worse than here, at least the overall reddit "culture" (or un-culture as I would like to think).

Not really, but it sure hypes the hell outta me for the next Ep. biggrin.gif

 

I have quite a few redditer classmates, never got into it myself.

Think Ill stay in the comfort of this thread lol :p

post #72566 of 154057

COME BACK UNCLE ERIK       ALL IS FORGIVEN...!!!

post #72567 of 154057
Quote:
Originally Posted by wink View Post

Quote:DefQon
Wonder why Uncle Erik left here?

He couldn't handle my jokes about Mai tai his cat and Rita his ex.....  Just joking..

About your jokes? confused.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

so.. who's this Erik guy?
besides that he's a mod here?

The 2nd/3rd (never going to count Bowei) most prolific poster on H-F. Had some real gems in the Member's Lounge. Back when the new old crowd (i.e. classic H-F old) moved in he was the sparkling cat gem of them all.

 

There's tons of people with his quotes in their sig, haven't you noticed? >.<

Omni-Boris I know you're stuck in the 7th dimension on vacation ATM but really, you should get out into our plebian world more often.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Wonder why Uncle Erik left here?

Too many cat haters as wink said.

Serious answer was I think that he got tired of headphones and moved on to his glorious custom speaker rig.

post #72568 of 154057
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Not really, but it sure hypes the hell outta me for the next Ep. biggrin.gif

 

I have quite a few redditer classmates, never got into it myself.

Think Ill stay in the comfort of this thread lol :p

http://www.reddit.com/r/vocaloid

 

Which reminds me, I need dis: http://imgur.com/a/hGIuQ. Looks so easy to break though.

post #72569 of 154057
I loved Uncle Erik. Whenever he posted in a thread I always read what he had to say at least twice, since it was so much more informative and useful than at least 95% of the other posts in the thread.
post #72570 of 154057

I think the Ren and Len one looks like a good present for my friend

 

I wonder how long it will last in a military environment, though

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge