Yeah, I guess either the D5000 took some punishment from the less than gentle taxi rides or people were just not being as gentle as I normally am. Either way, I'm going to contact MCA about a repair and a set of either Macadamia nut, Mun Ebony or Cocobolo wood cups while they're there.
- Sennheiser HE60 through the same Woo Audio GES. Even better. People seem to hate/love it.
- Sennheiser Orpheus through the HEV90. Very nice, but the Senn stand wasn't well geared for critical listening. The amp still worked?
- Heir Audio Tzar 90 and 350, very much enjoyed these. Is it true that the 90s are V-shaped and the 350s are stupid anemic/upper-mids-y?
- Heir Audio 4Ai...meh, not enough sparkle for me. Heard the UE900s? Those had way smoother treble and retained the sparkle - though I found both pretty sparkly.
- The RE400...boring IEM and less detail than the RE262. Much preferred the RE262 and I feel the RE400 is very over hyped. Get the chance to try the RE252/272? Better sig tuning IMO.
I absolutely loved the HE60 and they repaired the HEV90 specially for the meet.
As Bowei said, the 350 are sharper on the treble, I didn't find it a problem, but my favorite Heir IEMs are the 5.0 and the Tzar 90.
I didn't bother trying the UE900. The 4Ai was just meh...
The RE252 and 272 weren't there.
Wait, you met Jude? Why was he in London?
I didn't care for the Tzar 90 and 350. The sparkle at the upper mid of the 350 killed it for me. It created more fatigue and harshness. I prefereed 4.ai as that is what I wanted. More neutrality without something 'sticking' out.
Swimsonny also does review samples etc etc.
Jude was in London for the Head-Fi meet.
I really liked the Tzar 90. I like quite a bit of sparkle to my treble.
Swimsonny's table. OHMAHGAWD.
Recognise these MDR EX1000 precursors?
The HEV90 is very Art Deco and the Orpheus is a looker too (Click to show)
The SR007. Possibly the prettiest stat in existence.
Less pretty STAX (Click to show)
Jude and GSArider(Organiser)
The very capable iFi stack.
STUFF (Click to show)
What happened to my D5ks. (Click to show)
Small addition to my portable rig (Click to show)