Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 4822

post #72316 of 152009

I don't think anime is a good source for learning Japanese... You'll pick up phrases that no one would ever use in real life or use phrases in the wrong context, and then everyone will think you are a baka gaijin (because you are). 

 

Of course, that doesn't stop me from practicing Japanese with anime. And once a year I visit my cousin in Japan on my way to Thailand, and she laughs at my stupid animu Japanese skills. 

post #72317 of 152009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Imagine learning some slangs, going to Japan and learning they are outdated.

I'm not really afraid of that. After all, it's usually not that difficult to differentiate between slang and normal vocabulary.

Seriously though. This is epic.
post #72318 of 152009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkAwesome View Post

I don't think anime is a good source for learning Japanese... You'll pick up phrases that no one would ever use in real life or use phrases in the wrong context, and then everyone will think you are a baka gaijin (because you are). 

Of course, that doesn't stop me from practicing Japanese with anime. And once a year I visit my cousin in Japan on my way to Thailand, and she laughs at my stupid animu Japanese skills. 

No you won't pick up such phrases.
The thing is, I already have a pretty solid basis. I'm not doing this to learn simple phrases, but rather to learn general vocabulary.

In the end, the main reason I'm doing this is because it's fun.
post #72319 of 152009
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

From E17:

 

I LOL'd tongue.gif
 

 

I could see it from a mile away

 

The moment I finished the second sentence. I knew it was going to be a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


I'm not really afraid of that. After all, it's usually not that difficult to differentiate between slang and normal vocabulary.

Seriously though. This is epic.

Manko.....hehe

 

Imagine messing that word up.

post #72320 of 152009

The movie style 2:35:1 aspect ratio Railgun used at the beginning of episode 3 was fun

 

I thought something messed up, but I guess it didn't.

post #72321 of 152009

Oh God.


post #72322 of 152009
.
Edited by Accoun - 4/27/13 at 9:30am
post #72323 of 152009

Now that everyone in my house is awake

 

I can't watch Date a Live anymore.

 


Shoulda started with that and not Railgun

post #72324 of 152009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Now that everyone in my house is awake

I can't watch Date a Live anymore.



Shoulda started with that and not Railgun

I always find it funny you're so embarrassed about these kind of things.
post #72325 of 152009

Anime sure has really relaxing piano/guitar pieces lol 

 

currently watching Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai and I'm just paying attention to the piano in the background lol 

post #72326 of 152009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


I always find it funny you're so embarrassed about these kind of things.

raise of hands of who here isn't

post #72327 of 152009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Somehow I'm not surprised, you don't come off as one who would like playing/watching anything by key...

I might like it back in my K-On phase. Heck I've been meaning to rewatch that, but I fear that my current self will purge the good old memories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

and it costs money?

There are concerts that don't cost money? Also he was streaming from nico, which anyone that visits it even infrequently will notice that they have a subscription plan (because they are not Google).
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

From E17:

I LOL'd tongue.gif

  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Didn't expected that. Amusing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkAwesome View Post

I don't think anime is a good source for learning Japanese... You'll pick up phrases that no one would ever use in real life or use phrases in the wrong context, and then everyone will think you are a baka gaijin (because you are). 

Of course, that doesn't stop me from practicing Japanese with anime. And once a year I visit my cousin in Japan on my way to Thailand, and she laughs at my stupid animu Japanese skills. 

I learned English by reading novels that have phrases that wouldn't make sense in everyday life. But mostly it's for the vocabulary and grammar. The point to this anecdote is that I disagree with ^, at least in context of how far Tilpo's mastery is already/ how he has been self-taught.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Now that everyone in my house is awake

I can't watch Date a Live anymore.



Shoulda started with that and not Railgun

*insert generic insult to those kinds of anime*
post #72328 of 152009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

raise of hands of who here isn't

I'm not.

Though I must say I generally don't watch those sort of anime. I used to, but after tasting a couple of them I think they're all the same, and as my taste developed I learned how crappy they really are usually.
post #72329 of 152009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

I learned English by reading novels that have phrases that wouldn't make sense in everyday life. But mostly it's for the vocabulary and grammar. The point to this anecdote is that I disagree with ^, at least in context of how far Tilpo's mastery is already/ how he has been self-taught.

I personally learned basic English through playing games. It all started with pokemon Silver, and I learned crazy amounts of vocab just from that game when I was about 7 years of age. cool.gif
post #72330 of 152009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


I'm not.

Though I must say I generally don't watch those sort of anime. I used to, but after tasting a couple of them I think they're all the same, and as my taste developed I learned how crappy they really are usually.

Yep, I would not have been able to watch Clannad and cry in front of my parents like you did.

 

Just not me

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge