Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 4612

post #69166 of 121251
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

O2 design? Well it's quite good, BUT I don't think he achieved his design goal of "One size fits all" for various reasons:

For portable use:

  1. Too loud for (C)IEMs
  2. Channel imbalance at low volumes ( again for (C)IEMs )
  3. On/Off click is IMO not acceptable when used with (C)IEMs
  4. Way too big to be portable
  5. No charge/battery indicator. (How would I know when the batteries will suddenly go dead? I mean this IS suppose to be portable....)

For home use:

  1. No 6.3mm socket (some headphones need that and a 6.3 -> 3.5 is horrible interms of connector strain)
  2. No RCA inputs (most home rig would use that)
  3. IMO not very aesthetically pleasing (Which IS a criteria for me if I were to look for a desktop amp)

 

Overall, I'd say it's electronically practical but consumer-wise, not so much.

That's why people do projects in groups, not individuels.

 

Look at P-H for example, I'm only doing the electronic part which I'm good at, bowei did the management, and mech did the case design.

True true, I seriously wouldn't call the O2/ODAC portable myself, transportable yeah but not really portable in your pocket or so and yeah hate the design but one could just easily use wires to cable the dc jack and other unnecessary jacks on the front panel to the back or so.

 

 

Waiting for you to cook up a balanced amp soon, want to hear more bang for buck objective ss amp's rather than the other nonsense on the market like most of the Burson range. 

post #69167 of 121251
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Waiting for you to cook up a balanced amp soon, want to hear more bang for buck objective ss amp's rather than the other nonsense on the market like most of the Burson range. 

lol, if you want bang for buck just use opamps.

Literally make 2 Cmoys or O2s, and get a few XLR to 3.5mm TRS cables.

That way it's "dual mono" too! :D

 

Unless you're like me and thinks desktop amps should have some sort of authority over the little ones. tongue.gif

btw, I also like vintage tech like gramophone records and electron tubes (especially gas discharge tubes, they glow pretty)

 

So yeah that's my design principals, measurements should be good enough not to make audible changes to the signal but after that, I'd prioritize usability, aesthetics and all the fun stuff over super good performance that won't even make an audible difference.

It's like the difference between playing angry birds on a supercomputer and a smart phone.

 


Speaking of burson, I remember raging quite a bit when I read their marketing material.......

and raging even more after their amp keeps making these clicks when I change the volume.....

I was like... your stepped attenuator may not distort the signal but what's the point if you've killed my sensitive CIEMs that cost more than your amp??


Edited by b1o2r3i4s5 - 4/2/13 at 4:10am
post #69168 of 121251

W000000TTTT

Seitokai Yakuindomo OVA 5

post #69169 of 121251

Did you guys see the new Fakku + Facebook thing?

Am I the only one who thinks it's a bad idea to have a huge message on your wall saying what hentai you like or looks at??

 

Quote:

 

 

I don't think I want that on my wall....

 

Link (Warning: NSFW!) (Click to show)

http://www.fakku.net/viewtopic.php?t=101285

 

April Fools!! biggrin.gif

 

Time zones are real beaoches.

It got me at first.


Edited by b1o2r3i4s5 - 4/2/13 at 5:07am
post #69170 of 121251
post #69171 of 121251

P-H Update:

PCBs are $12.80 each because it is really quite big......

As for the color, we've asked for black but no reply yet, if black is not available then we'll get blue instead.

post #69172 of 121251
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

I didn't really take any photos during today's meet, Atom has more:

















I cant beleieve he lugged ph around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post

Hi guys
Recommendations for the spring season?
All the mech anime
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Okay, so while Atom is handling the boring trip related stuff, I'll post impressions:
V-Moda M100: Not V-curved like I thought it would. The top shelf of the treble was a little weaksauce, but I can see how that sound sig would sound very good in public.
K701: Oh boy. I actually liked these. More center staging with Project H than when I had the Q701 with an E7. Bowei, how can you listen to those for bass music? You're missing out on half the song smily_headphones1.gif
For non bass music though, the detail level was excellent. I thought the MDs were good at detail... Turns out they're only okay in the treble area, the Ks sounded more detailed. I may look into a phone like the Ks as a second can sometime smily_headphones1.gif
But not the AKGs, the headband was not good to me.
JDSlabs C5: I'm buying one. Bass boost=bueno. Stepped volume is A-OK for listening to my music quietly on my GR07, and no noise unless it's on 100% volume.

I dont. I use other hp for bassy stuff.

Yep. If only they had bass. The 701 would be AWESOME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atominator99 View Post

Ok, here's the breakdown of our trip up to Seattle:

Woke up at 6:30. I got up first and used the shower. That's probably too boring for you guys so let's fast forward a bit. While on the highway heading up, we got stuck in traffic (and this is after rush hour mind you). You could just imagine our faces when we got into the carpool lane and found that there where no cars in front of us.
Pic (Click to show)


(This is a bit after the congestion area).

Once in the UW area of Seattle, we got a bit lost. Thankfully Mice helped us out with directions and managed to find the parking garage where we met up. He gave us a tour of the campus which was straight to the point and was actually enjoyable. We then went down to get an actual tour of a dorm room (yeah, yeah, this is kind of boring right now, I know). When that was finished the three of us went down to some imports shop where Mech and I both bought pairs of chopsticks. We even found Bowei hiding in the back. Afterwards we went to a pizzeria for lunch (ask Mice for the name of it). They had great pizza there as well as interesting movie posters that were in French, Spanish, and Italian.
Pics (Click to show)




(I can't believe we made it there alive...tongue.gif
)



(The Harry Potter room Mice showed us).



(Random peanut statue).



(Bowei, Bowei everywhere).



(One of the many movie posters).

After that Mice had to go to a class so Mech and I went to Pink Gorilla to check out some retro and imported games. We then left to go to an Otaku shop called Sweet Kitty. The place was full of bootlegged CDs and DVDs. What was even more garbage is their lack of Toradora stuff (and by lack I mean none). But after all is said and done, I still bought myself 4 posters (1 Oreimo, 2 Miku, 1 K-On) and Mech bought 3 (1 Miku, 1 Oreimo, 1 Madoka). (Pics of posters not yet available).
Pics (Click to show)







We then met back up with Mice and headed to a conference room to set up. Fishi soon found us and we all busted out our gear. We all sat around for about 2 hours listening to each other's headphones.  Mech talked about his impressions about the headphones already, you probably won't want mine then. Especially since I'm not a full on audiophile yet.
Pics (Click to show)






(Bowei was with us in spirit).





(Man, these things suck for $300...thankfully they threw in an iTouch for free...).

The four of us headed out to U:DON for dinner. I got a large bowl of the Soup Udon (big mistake) with some delicious onigiri and Takoyaki and some Oolong tea. Here is a pic of Mech's food.
Pics (Click to show)




(Mech's dinner)


(Me throwing in the towel after eating half of the large Udon).

After dinner, Fishi had to leave so the remaining 3 people all went to a Japanese bookstore. That's where Mice took the picture of Bowei and Mrs. Bowei. We didn't get any books but Mice bought the K-On OST, Mech bought a couple of Miku CDs, and I bought a CD called Cherry Blossoms that has beautiful BGM in it and it also comes with free incest incense. The incense smells absolutely wonderful and I think I might be addicted to it. (Pics not yet available).
I would like to thank Mice for helping pull this meet up together, I had a blast and was glad to try out various headphones and amps in a group setting like today. It was a new experience for me and something that I'll definitely remember. I can't wait to meet up again sometime during the next school year. I'd also like to thank Mech for driving us to and from Seattle, especially with all that traffic there, it definitely did not seem to be easy. Oh, and it was also great talking to Fishi for the first time, I'm sorry that my iBuds aren't so up to par :P Sorry this post has taken such a long time to get done. I'm exhausted and I get distracted easily (I'm looking at you, Skype group).
Thanks!

Did you actually buy a plush me?

What bootleg stuff was in there? How would you know?

Lol, ibuds.

Yeah. Udon comes with a lot of stuff

You guys had a nice independent day. Wish i could have one. Free of other control. Doing what we desire.

All these anime thread meetups -_-
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Did you guys see the new Fakku + Facebook thing?
Am I the only one who thinks it's a bad idea to have a huge message on your wall saying what hentai you like or looks at??


I don't think I want that on my wall....
Link (Warning: NSFW!) (Click to show)
http://www.fakku.net/viewtopic.php?t=101285

April Fools!! biggrin.gif

Time zones are real beaoches.
It got me at first.
I believed for a second. I read thr first one and was like.... Oh god no
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

P-H Update:
PCBs are $12.80 each because it is really quite big......
As for the color, we've asked for black but no reply yet, if black is not available then we'll get blue instead.
You mean p t

Many discrete amps use black. It has AUTHORITAAHHHHHH
post #69173 of 121251
I'm home! and stuck on my slow ass notebook and nexus 7.

I did get to listen to a pair of Grado SR325i's at a local audio store after I got off the train, not as bad I expected, nor as coloured. Quite nice actually. Not worth the £300 the palace had them on sale for but I might be tempted to get a pair of Grados if the lower end models share a similar sound signature. They're as uncomfortable as everyone says though, so that's a pretty massive negative. I hate it when my ears touch the drivers.
post #69174 of 121251
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Toonami is what started most of us current day 1993-1996 kids off on anime. If you were born during those 3 years, you got the 'Toonami' treatment here in Murica if you watched CN.

 

Basically it played all the anime we know as classics today and got people interested. It slowly in the 2000's went to hell and lastly closed. A service called JetStream went online to show anime but it quickly died as no one cared. A few years later, and the new Toonami is back(after Toonami died, anime was shown on Adult Swim). The new Toonami doesn't show any of the shows that will probably ever become a classic. 

Toonami these days I think is only on Sundays at midnight after Cartoon Network and Adult Swim (unless you want to blend Adult Swim and Toonami together).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

What really!?

This. Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Bowei I didn't know you have a wife. You two are soooo adorable!!! redface.gif

LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post


4k only?

Only? Well, it's normal for us nowadays to skip that many posts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atominator99 View Post

Ok, here's the breakdown of our trip up to Seattle:

 

Woke up at 6:30. I got up first and used the shower. That's probably too boring for you guys so let's fast forward a bit. While on the highway heading up, we got stuck in traffic (and this is after rush hour mind you). You could just imagine our faces when we got into the carpool lane and found that there where no cars in front of us.

 

Pic (Click to show)

(This is a bit after the congestion area).

 

Once in the UW area of Seattle, we got a bit lost. Thankfully Mice helped us out with directions and managed to find the parking garage where we met up. He gave us a tour of the campus which was straight to the point and was actually enjoyable. We then went down to get an actual tour of a dorm room (yeah, yeah, this is kind of boring right now, I know). When that was finished the three of us went down to some imports shop where Mech and I both bought pairs of chopsticks. We even found Bowei hiding in the back. Afterwards we went to a pizzeria for lunch (ask Mice for the name of it). They had great pizza there as well as interesting movie posters that were in French, Spanish, and Italian.

 

Pics (Click to show)

 

 

(I can't believe we made it there alive...tongue.gif)

 

(The Harry Potter room Mice showed us).

 

(Random peanut statue).

 

(Bowei, Bowei everywhere).

 

(One of the many movie posters).

 

After that Mice had to go to a class so Mech and I went to Pink Gorilla to check out some retro and imported games. We then left to go to an Otaku shop called Sweet Kitty. The place was full of bootlegged CDs and DVDs. What was even more garbage is their lack of Toradora stuff (and by lack I mean none). But after all is said and done, I still bought myself 4 posters (1 Oreimo, 2 Miku, 1 K-On) and Mech bought 3 (1 Miku, 1 Oreimo, 1 Madoka). (Pics of posters not yet available).

 

Pics (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

We then met back up with Mice and headed to a conference room to set up. Fishi soon found us and we all busted out our gear. We all sat around for about 2 hours listening to each other's headphones.  Mech talked about his impressions about the headphones already, you probably won't want mine then. Especially since I'm not a full on audiophile yet.

 

Pics (Click to show)

 

 

(Bowei was with us in spirit).

 

(Man, these things suck for $300...thankfully they threw in an iTouch for free...).

 

 

The four of us headed out to U:DON for dinner. I got a large bowl of the Soup Udon (big mistake) with some delicious onigiri and Takoyaki and some Oolong tea. Here is a pic of Mech's food.

 

Pics (Click to show)

 

 

(Mech's dinner)

(Me throwing in the towel after eating half of the large Udon).

 

 

After dinner, Fishi had to leave so the remaining 3 people all went to a Japanese bookstore. That's where Mice took the picture of Bowei and Mrs. Bowei. We didn't get any books but Mice bought the K-On OST, Mech bought a couple of Miku CDs, and I bought a CD called Cherry Blossoms that has beautiful BGM in it and it also comes with free incest incense. The incense smells absolutely wonderful and I think I might be addicted to it. (Pics not yet available).


I would like to thank Mice for helping pull this meet up together, I had a blast and was glad to try out various headphones and amps in a group setting like today. It was a new experience for me and something that I'll definitely remember. I can't wait to meet up again sometime during the next school year. I'd also like to thank Mech for driving us to and from Seattle, especially with all that traffic there, it definitely did not seem to be easy. Oh, and it was also great talking to Fishi for the first time, I'm sorry that my iBuds aren't so up to par :P Sorry this post has taken such a long time to get done. I'm exhausted and I get distracted easily (I'm looking at you, Skype group).

Wish I could go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

I'm all jelly man..... looking at you guys while I'm cramming HARD (relatively) for my coming exams.....frown.gif

 

Just you wait..... when I go to otaku holyland in 2 months......

FUUUUUUUUDGE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

P-H Update:

PCBs are $12.80 each because it is really quite big......

As for the color, we've asked for black but no reply yet, if black is not available then we'll get blue instead.

I actually like the look of blue PCBs better than black. Is it bad if I like that?

 

It's probably because I've been getting bored of black lately. As nice of a "color" it is, I've just seen it too much and I'm starting to prefer dark gray instead (thanks to Nils @ MDPC-X with that new shade of dark gray he threw in for sleeving).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post


I cant beleieve he lugged ph around

This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

I'm home! and stuck on my slow ass notebook and nexus 7.

I did get to listen to a pair of Grado SR325i's at a local audio store after I got off the train, not as bad I expected, nor as coloured. Quite nice actually. Not worth the £300 the palace had them on sale for but I might be tempted to get a pair of Grados if the lower end models share a similar sound signature. They're as uncomfortable as everyone says though, so that's a pretty massive negative. I hate it when my ears touch the drivers.

Hey, better than having to do everything on an iPod Touch (it's horrendous considering that I don't have Tapatalk. Still, that small screen size...).

post #69175 of 121251
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Toonami these days I think is only on Sundays at midnight after Cartoon Network and Adult Swim (unless you want to blend Adult Swim and Toonami together).
This. Wow.
LOL.
Only? Well, it's normal for us nowadays to skip that many posts...
Wish I could go.
FUUUUUUUUDGE!
I actually like the look of blue PCBs better than black. Is it bad if I like that?

It's probably because I've been getting bored of black lately. As nice of a "color" it is, I've just seen it too much and I'm starting to prefer dark gray instead (thanks to Nils @ MDPC-X with that new shade of dark gray he threw in for sleeving).
This.
Hey, better than having to do everything on an iPod Touch (it's horrendous considering that I don't have Tapatalk. Still, that small screen size...).
I don't watch TV so I don't know
post #69176 of 121251
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post


I don't watch TV so I don't know

I don't either. There are some entertaining shows though that I see every once in awhile when the TV is just on for no apparent reason (Adventure Time and Regular Show are fairly entertaining).

post #69177 of 121251
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

I don't either. There are some entertaining shows though that I see every once in awhile when the TV is just on for no apparent reason (Adventure Time and Regular Show are fairly entertaining).
Those shows ....are a bit adult if you get the subtle messages
post #69178 of 121251

Finished Da Capo III, I actually liked this one most out of the 3. Really like the OP for some reason.

But then when I check the game.... It's non-H.... like WTF?

What target market are they looking at?

Will people who don't care about H even buy the game?

Even more so considering how much ecchi is in the anime.....

post #69179 of 121251
I need to watch it, I hiatused it because it went nowhere episode 5 but because you liked it, ig uess its good smily_headphones1.gif

I have to watch EF and DC today then
post #69180 of 121251
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I need to watch it, I hiatused it because it went nowhere episode 5 but because you liked it, ig uess its good smily_headphones1.gif

I have to watch EF and DC today then

It's not suppose to go anywhere, silly panda.

You just sit there and go "moe~ " at the characters :3

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge