Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 4503

post #67531 of 152093
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

Oh, and Cintiq 24HD. And Sony 4k TV. Maaaaaaan.

I would have jumped on one of these if I had anywhere to put it. rrrr.

post #67532 of 152093

Post #500! I'm moving up in the world lol.

post #67533 of 152093
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post
Oh, I know of GL1TCH3D. He used to post about bringing his HD800 with O2 out in public. >_<

 

SR-007 (MKI) is the end-game headphone for me. I'm not even going to bother with the SR-009. Not worth it.

 

What did you think of the SRH1840? I have the SRH940 and it's not a bad analytical headphone for a $275.

 

Define "properly amped". An O2 should provide enough power to the HE-500 at adequate listening levels.

HE-6. They'll clip. Trust me.

 

All the MKIs I've seen were in pretty poor condition (at least in my standard). So might buckle down for a MKII even though it's a bit veiled.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post
Nope, Yamaha HP-1, can't help ya on the Grado HP-1 :S

Basically from where I stand right now, my next step is SR-007. LCD3 would be an upgrade, everything else is sidestep or something completely different.

SR-009 is... well, good but... being amped together with the SR-007, playing same source and trying for about 20 some minutes... just doesn't stick with me.

 

Oh, and Cintiq 24HD. And Sony 4k TV. Maaaaaaan.

But can it play Crysis?

 

Aww....

Well heard the Yamahas were still good anyways.

Yep SR-007 potential as well. It's a nice combo with the HE-6. But meet conditions so bleh.

post #67534 of 152093
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post
Oh, I know of GL1TCH3D. He used to post about bringing his HD800 with O2 out in public. >_<

 

SR-007 (MKI) is the end-game headphone for me. I'm not even going to bother with the SR-009. Not worth it.

 

What did you think of the SRH1840? I have the SRH940 and it's not a bad analytical headphone for a $275.

 

Define "properly amped". An O2 should provide enough power to the HE-500 at adequate listening levels.

HE-6. They'll clip. Trust me.

 

All the MKIs I've seen were in pretty poor condition (at least in my standard). So might buckle down for a MKII even though it's a bit veiled.

I know about the HE-6, I was talking about the HE-500. After re-reading the post, I didn't see that it was the HE-6 hooked-up to the O2.

 

And nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

I <3 MKI

post #67535 of 152093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsujigiri View Post

Post #500! I'm moving up in the world lol.

not high enough

post #67536 of 152093
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Read it :)

 

Sounds great!

 

I didn't know you knew glitchy that well?

 

Hopefully I get to try some LCD3's soon :) Hopefully

 

You are getting me interested :)

 

pics

No pics since I didn't bother with flash.

And it was too dark. After 6 pictures I gave up and just focused on music.

I thought you wanted the LCD2? The setup with it couldn't allow me to plug my own source, but that Steve Vai track sounded pretty darn good on it.

Probably because I enjoy listening to basslines but yeah.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Any idea if it was the Rev 1 or 2 SR007?

No idea :(

Considering I've not heard both to be able to tell a difference, I didn't bother asking.

I'm sure a email to WooAudio can answer that. I suppose it's something they carry though. So mk2.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Oh, I know of GL1TCH3D. He used to post about bringing his HD800 with O2 out in public. >_<

 

SR-007 (MKI) is the end-game headphone for me. I'm not even going to bother with the SR-009. Not worth it.

 

What did you think of the SRH1840? I have the SRH940 and it's not a bad analytical headphone for a $275.

 

Define "properly amped". An O2 should provide enough power to the HE-500 at adequate listening levels.

Didn't like the SR-009 as much compared to the SR-007. Even if I was offered the same price for either, going for the 007.

SHR1840 also didn't hit me as anything too special--which essentially meant for me, in layman's terms that it was a very natural sounding headphone.

Didn't try the SRH940. Didn't like the 440 nor 840 from past experience so I skipped them all.

 

The HE-500 wasn't a question of not being properly amped. I did not use it with the O2, only with whatever was the setup in the room. But mainly the room with those HiFiMANs were in a speaker showcase room, and it wasn't the best environment for me to say anything about it.

If it is just about bringing to proper listening levels though, the O2 can power even the HE-6 but lots of potentials are lost there.

post #67537 of 152093
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

I'm sure a email to WooAudio can answer that. I suppose it's something they carry though. So mk2.

 

SHR1840 also didn't hit me as anything too special--which essentially meant for me, in layman's terms that it was a very natural sounding headphone.

 

MK1 WILL BLOW YOUR MIND (FIGURATIVELY)

 

I hate the Shures as well. Anemic as schiit, no details. Shame too, they look really cool. A waste of a design.

post #67538 of 152093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Vinyl shops.very_evil_smiley.gif
Doesn't have what I'm wanting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

You can't? Vinyl is an analog storage medium....unless you meant where you can buy vinyl online.
ORLY? tongue.gif
post #67539 of 152093

I really should LISTEN carefully to headphones at Head-Fi meets...................so many lost opportunities. T_T

^ HE-500, SRH940

 

^ ATH-M50, HD600, SRH940

 

^ LCD-2's various ones I think

 

^ SR-007 MKI

 

^ LCD-3 on Eddie Current amp


Edited by miceblue - 3/24/13 at 5:34pm
post #67540 of 152093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

I would have jumped on one of these if I had anywhere to put it. rrrr.

Never got to try a Cintiq IRL so I was happy. Reeal happy.

But darn its big. HUGE.

Will stick to my Intuos 4 for now :S

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

HE-6. They'll clip. Trust me.

 

All the MKIs I've seen were in pretty poor condition (at least in my standard). So might buckle down for a MKII even though it's a bit veiled.

 

But can it play Crysis?

 

Aww....

Well heard the Yamahas were still good anyways.

Yep SR-007 potential as well. It's a nice combo with the HE-6. But meet conditions so bleh.

Man if mk2 is veiled I can't imagine how mk1 is.

 

Oh but it could!! if and only if you plug it to a computer that can play Crysis.

 

Yeah, they're not bad at all once modded. At least it puts to shame those new Yamaha Pro500 lol.

I do have a slightly different version of the (yamaha) HP-1 though so it may not apply to each and every pair.

post #67541 of 152093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

Oh, and Cintiq 24HD. And Sony 4k TV. Maaaaaaan.

I would have jumped on one of these if I had anywhere to put it. rrrr.

 

I have the place, but I don't have the money... :-(

*hinthint*

post #67542 of 152093
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

MK1 WILL BLOW YOUR MIND (FIGURATIVELY)

 

I hate the Shures as well. Anemic as schiit, no details. Shame too, they look really cool. A waste of a design.

Didn't hate them. It was a pleasant surprise.

At least in the case of the SRH-1840. 1440 wasn't comfortable for me; couldn't listen at that point.

The 1440 was more comfortable than the 1840 to GL1TCH3D though.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

I really should LISTEN carefully to headphones at Head-Fi meets...................so many lost opportunities. T_T

 

thx mice; here panda, feed on your PICS (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

^ LCD-3 on Eddie Current amp

 

Thanks for pics :P

On the note of the LCD3, I don't find them heavy. Cause I normally wear stuff about as heavy as that. Those earpads are so comfortable though. I want that kind of leather for my crafts :<

post #67543 of 152093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post

 

I have the place, but I don't have the money... :-(

*hinthint*

I can't afford to travel to Poland each time I want to use it. :P

post #67544 of 152093
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

Man if mk2 is veiled I can't imagine how mk1 is.

 

Oh but it could!! if and only if you plug it to a computer that can play Crysis.

 

Yeah, they're not bad at all once modded. At least it puts to shame those new Yamaha Pro500 lol.

I do have a slightly different version of the (yamaha) HP-1 though so it may not apply to each and every pair.

Relative. It is summit-fi after all. wink.gif

 

But does it have wi-fi?

 

Ortho-sama I bow to your ortho-ness. 


Are we posting meet pics now?

 

700

Table of poop.

 

700

All the new-wave planars lined up.

 

700

Marantz amp, HF-5, some other HiFiMAN DAC.

 

700

Vintage AKG in the top left corner there.

 

700

All the woodies.

700

All the stupid Gradoes.

700

Schiit galore (and an ODAC)

700

My pair in the middle :3

700

The treble-happy family as I like to call them

700

LCD-2/3.

700

Stupid $2000 jump-rope cable.

post #67545 of 152093
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

MK1 WILL BLOW YOUR MIND (FIGURATIVELY)

 

I hate the Shures as well. Anemic as schiit, no details. Shame too, they look really cool. A waste of a design.

Didn't hate them. It was a pleasant surprise.

At least in the case of the SRH-1840. 1440 wasn't comfortable for me; couldn't listen at that point.

The 1440 was more comfortable than the 1840 to GL1TCH3D though.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

I really should LISTEN carefully to headphones at Head-Fi meets...................so many lost opportunities. T_T

 

thx mice; here panda, feed on your PICS (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

^ LCD-3 on Eddie Current amp

 

Thanks for pics :P

On the note of the LCD3, I don't find them heavy. Cause I normally wear stuff about as heavy as that. Those earpads are so comfortable though. I want that kind of leather for my crafts :<

I admit that the SRH1840's design is smexy as heck. I uploaded the SRH1840 promotional video on my YouTube channel because it was just that awesome-looking.

 

I find the LCD-3 to be quite heavy on my head, but yes the padding really helps. It's more comfortable for me to wear the LCD-3 than the LCD-2.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge