Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 4487

post #67291 of 130094
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbamg View Post

Oh btw you haven't added me on skype yet.

:( Sorry. Been...well been depressed.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

So how are they?

Much better bass extension, impact, everything. Imagine they had a love child with the Hawkeye's in terms of sig, but everything balanced out better, was significantly tighter, cleaner. Presence across the board. Just an entirely new phone. Still some grain though.

 

And people pay money for the MH1C when we have this, lol.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

no really, not many will actually use them once they're out. Instead, they can restructure the schooling system into specialization earlier. Much of the things like calc and phys boost are b/c of the Cold War. 

 

Yup. First world problems. 

They could just...I don't know, stop screwing around and teach the stuff faster, then specialization. How do you know what you want when you haven't even been exposed to it?

 

People rant about the education system, but talk to them about the actual subjects and they get lost.

 

Okay have you been reading Ken Robinson or something?

post #67292 of 130094
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbamg View Post

BTW I've read somewhere that kids these days are unprepared for survival after high school exactly because of specialization. It sort of makes sense. We're taught a lot of different things up until high school, but you don't really start making connections between what you've learned (if you've actually cared to remember it) and the real world until long after. For me it was in university that I finally grasped the importance of the stuff that they taught us in elementary school.

This this this this this.

 

People complain about what they learn instead of learning. 

I guess what I'm complaining about is that people arbitrarily complain too much.

post #67293 of 130094
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

They could just...I don't know, stop screwing around and teach the stuff faster, then specialization. How do you know what you want when you haven't even been exposed to it?

 

People rant about the education system, but talk to them about the actual subjects and they get lost.

 

Okay have you been reading Ken Robinson or something?

I think all the calc up to basic schiit like chain rule, etc could be done and taught before kids turn 14. Easy.

post #67294 of 130094
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

:( Sorry. Been...well been depressed.

 

Much better bass extension, impact, everything. Imagine they had a love child with the Hawkeye's in terms of sig, but everything balanced out better, was significantly tighter, cleaner. Presence across the board. Just an entirely new phone. Still some grain though.

 

And people pay money for the MH1C when we have this, lol.

 

They could just...I don't know, stop screwing around and teach the stuff faster, then specialization. How do you know what you want when you haven't even been exposed to it?

 

People rant about the education system, but talk to them about the actual subjects and they get lost.

 

Okay have you been reading Ken Robinson or something?


Because kids haven't found any reason to remember what in their view is being force-fed. Apart from lack of experience, it's really disheartening to see teachers not being able to answer questions on why kids have to learn these things.

post #67295 of 130094
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

:( Sorry. Been...well been depressed.

 

Much better bass extension, impact, everything. Imagine they had a love child with the Hawkeye's in terms of sig, but everything balanced out better, was significantly tighter, cleaner. Presence across the board. Just an entirely new phone. Still some grain though.

 

And people pay money for the MH1C when we have this, lol.

 

They could just...I don't know, stop screwing around and teach the stuff faster, then specialization. How do you know what you want when you haven't even been exposed to it?

 

People rant about the education system, but talk to them about the actual subjects and they get lost.

 

Okay have you been reading Ken Robinson or something?

I'd listen to the MH1C anyday

 

The DN 17's to me were very harsh

post #67296 of 130094
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I'd listen to the MH1C anyday

 

The DN 17's to me were very harsh

Agree. The MH1Cs felt better made as well, even with the schiit stock cable.

post #67297 of 130094
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

:( Sorry. Been...well been depressed.

 

Much better bass extension, impact, everything. Imagine they had a love child with the Hawkeye's in terms of sig, but everything balanced out better, was significantly tighter, cleaner. Presence across the board. Just an entirely new phone. Still some grain though.

 

And people pay money for the MH1C when we have this, lol.

 

They could just...I don't know, stop screwing around and teach the stuff faster, then specialization. How do you know what you want when you haven't even been exposed to it?

 

People rant about the education system, but talk to them about the actual subjects and they get lost.

 

Okay have you been reading Ken Robinson or something?

no I haven't been reading that. Tell that to the gov't. It's easy to learn things faster b/c we literally waste a few uneeded years in school. 

 

Yup. What I meant to say. Sorry if you got mad crackers. But then again, if you know what you want to do at an early age, the uneeded courses just fjeiaojfeiwaofjewaoijew.

 

Especially english in america. I could give less than 2 schiits about poetry and depressing english lit. They should move that stuff to history and at least briefly touch on it. Otherwise, high shcool english is just wasting time 1 hour a day for 4 years. 


Edited by MrViolin - 3/23/13 at 8:18pm
post #67298 of 130094
Why is my ex coming now that it's already 10:20?!? confused.gif Time to drink some pure caffeine so I can stay up to chat...
post #67299 of 130094
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

Why is my ex coming now that it's already 10:20?!? confused.gif Time to drink some pure caffeine so I can stay up to chat...

dang man. maybe she wants to be with ya again? Aren't you in 8th/9th?

post #67300 of 130094
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I'd listen to the MH1C anyday

 

The DN 17's to me were very harsh

Hate to sound enthusiast because it's the first day. But oh boy did they fix that.

 

Now I sorta want another Sony for the tips and to try rinchoi's mods.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbamg View Post

Because kids haven't found any reason to remember what in their view is being force-fed. Apart from lack of experience, it's really disheartening to see teachers not being able to answer questions on why kids have to learn these things.

Yep. beerchug.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

I think all the calc up to basic schiit like chain rule, etc could be done and taught before kids turn 14. Easy.

There's a place for that. It's called East Asia :P But that's really speed-running everything not actual learning.

post #67301 of 130094
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post
dang man. maybe she wants to be with ya again? Aren't you in 8th/9th?

Oh boy....

Middle school relationships are a [female dog]

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

no I haven't been reading that. Tell that to the gov't. It's easy to learn things faster b/c we literally waste a few uneeded years in school. 

 

Yup. What I meant to say. Sorry if you got mad crackers. But then again, if you know what you want to do at an early age, the uneeded courses just fjeiaojfeiwaofjewaoijew.

 

Especially english in america. I could give less than 2 schiits about poetry and depressing english lit. They should move that stuff to history and at least briefly touch on it. Otherwise, high shcool english is just wasting time 1 hour a day for 4 years. 

Conformation. It's needed in the Western world. But let's not go domestic terrorist too much here.

post #67302 of 130094
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

dang man. maybe she wants to be with ya again? Aren't you in 8th/9th?
Nah, she has a crush on one of my friends... frown.gif I used to help her out all the time before we went out, so, she doesn't... mad.gif
post #67303 of 130094
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Oh boy....

Middle school relationships are a [female dog]

 

Conformation. It's needed in the Western world. But let's not go domestic terrorist too much here.

 

I feel that there should be a much heavier emphasis on English literature, as in 17th-18th century literature. I don't feel, however, that the current method of character analysis is really getting through to students.

post #67304 of 130094
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbamg View Post

 

I feel that there should be a much heavier emphasis on English literature, as in 17th-18th century literature. I don't feel, however, that the current method of character analysis is really getting through to students.

I'd remove all of it. I'd still allow for grammar and creative writing though.

post #67305 of 130094
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post


Nah, she has a crush on one of my friends... frown.gif I used to help her out all the time before we went out, so, she doesn't... mad.gif

it's fine brotha. Middle school. Who cares. You have us very_evil_smiley.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Oh boy....

Middle school relationships are a [female dog]

 

Conformation. It's needed in the Western world. But let's not go domestic terrorist too much here.

It is needed like you say, but we literally learn all that we need by 8th grade. Everything onward in the US is just uneeded analysis. They haven't even taught us all that we needed and I'm in the top 1% of schools in the US. Everything has to be learnt outside of school in terms of grammar. But the 9-12th grade english of the US isn't needed.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge