no, that used ICs. (MC7815 and MC7915 IIRC.)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q701, HE-400, D5000 and Matrix M-Stage? Last post on 8/3/14 at 5:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 8/16/15 at 9:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
RHA CL750 – initial impressions Reid Heath Audio are a Scotland-based manufacturer who will be familiar to iFans, with their T10i and T20i all-metal IEMs being prominently displayed in...
Website: LINK Product page: LINK Price: $50 + Shipping The package… The cable arrives in a small cardboard box and just the cable well wrapped inside. Nothing...
The new Crusher wireless from Skullcandy is a great improvement on the old Skullcrushers. The most noticeable improvement is NO EXTERNAL BATTERIES which is very important because a person can spend...
I have been using this for over a year now and use it nearly daily. Extremely versatile component can be used not only for mobile play, but also line out to my receiver (don't yet have funds for...
I purchased these headphones based on reviews, specifications, and looks and I am not disappointed in the least. The initial comfort for the headphones was good, but it took some adjusting to stop...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 4353
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Can't believe I'm saying this but....
I think I'm going with a discrete power supply for my new amp after experimenting all day with ICs.
(Yeah, after I said all that crap about how discrete sucks and all)
Discrete designs certainly have its place because ICs are complex and it's very hard to control some of its behaviors.
So here's my new design with all the components:
are you going to make it a stack or a all in one?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Specs are on here:
I am happy to see some interest being generated about the headphone amplifier I designed!
Let me start by answering a couple of your questions.
"Hey, I've heard some about this amp you will be releasing, do you have any information on it or a sample I could review?"
Project Woodwind is in the final stages of electrical design completion and verification. This means that the design has been built, tested and repeatable results (across 10 boards) have been verified. At this point we are looking to complete the mechanical design to finalize our product. We have also sent out some of our tested boards to a few reviewers (ClieOS being one of them) to get some feedback on the audio characteristics of the amplifier (so far the preliminary reviews have been excellent!).
Here are some of the measured performance numbers, specifications (measured on an Audio Precision Analyzer at an output level of 125mW, driving 32 ohms), and features:
SNR: -109.2 dB (A-Weighted) L&R
Dynamic Range: 109.4 dB Right, 109.6 dB Left (A-Weighted)
THD+N: 0.0023% (-93 dB) L&R
Freq Resp: +-0.14 dB 20 - 20000 Hz L&R
Max Output Power: 125 mW
Can drive headphones up to 1k ohms of impedance with up to 3Vrms
18+ hour battery life (850mAh lithium polymer battery)
Supports TRRS headphones allowing headphones with a microphone to operate while connected through the amplifier
Supports battery charging through mini usb port (500mA) and 5V wall adapter (1A)
Battery level and charging indicators
fixed gain level (volume was intended to be controlled on the device sourcing the audio), the sample boards have 6dB of gain (2x volume) which seems to be just right for android and apple phones
projected price of ~$85
Attached are several plots showing the results of our Audio Precision Analyzer testing results. Also, I would be more than happy to send out a unit for you to review. It would be the amplifier without the housing, but like most audiophiles, I'm sure you are mostly interested in the performance. Just a note on the performance specs. The numbers I listed above are tested at the maximum output power level, whereas the competition (Fiio to name one of the many companies) tests their products at lower output powers to improve their numbers and we still come out ahead!
"Any pictures or the priority you guys have this amp at?"
Attached is a picture of the amplifier without the housing along with a ruler to help you judge the size. We have several other projects in development right now but as of right now Project Woodwind is taking priority with us. I have been playing with the idea of selling a limited run of just the boards with the battery for people depending on the interest of an option like this (similar to how JDS Labs offers some of their products without the case). If this option goes forward we would be able to have boards shipping in ~ 1 month ($65 for amplifier board + battery) and 4-5 months for the amplifier with housing.
As we are trying to generate some interest, feel free to pass this information along if you would like.
Thanks for your time and interest!
Critical Point Engineering
Co-Founder and Lead Design Engineer
Pics and link to what you are talking about
Nobody sees the reference they made in borderlands 2 to something???
Its actually funny. Because throughout this week. I was actually thinking about finding a mate soon, and what if time has already passed. Weird
Ill go there then
Try papa no iukoto
My Girls (sahara Mizu)
Or check out my list. Its in my sig!!!!
What genres? Or check out my sig
I loved Ichigo 100%, its one of my most fav.
Most good romance are short or pre maturely ended.
Unbalance x unbalance
Team Discrete! Ftw
You can be the next Kingwa(audio gd designer)
Huh, that is pretty weird.
I've already seen Papa no Iukoto and it was pretty good.
Yeah, I don't get it either.
Ai****eruze Baby manga
Koi Kaze manga(its...incestous)
Usagi Drop Anime
My Girl Sahara
Also, pandora is the planet the game is set on...
Edited by mechgamer123 - 3/16/13 at 12:57pm
That's factually correct, but I don't think that would be referenced in Borderlands...
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 49 seconds ago
- › Introducing NightOwl Carbon & NightHawk Carbon. Next Generation... 56 seconds ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Objectivists board room 1 minute ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 4 minutes ago
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by WCDchee
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear