Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 4236

post #63526 of 121151
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Ohayou~

 

Uhhhh............. iPhone 5?

The 5 came out a few months ago and my plan ends in a few months, so I would wait to see what new product they come out with.

 

And then compare and contrast

 

I would first of all ask myself if I need a new phone.

 

It would be $200 I could spend eslewhere. If the answer is yes.

 

Then I must ask myself what the hell I want to really do with it.

 

We can talk about wonderful emulators and app store with Android and its open oh so wonderfullness. But I personally, don't actually do much 3rd party app usage or much actual consumer use of a phone at all.

 

It's literally my web browser, email, texting and phone. With some cool apps to make manga reading and other stuff funner.

 

Which leads me personally back to if I really want a new dam phone at all. 

 

The Galaxies aren't what I like. The flagship flagships(there are like 3 flagships usually but I mean the flagship flagship) Because the flagship flagship is just a tad too big (with a case on especially) to want in my pocket. They don't look that good also imo but looks aren't too too big

 

The Nokia's...hahaha Windows Phone OS or old Nokia smartphone OS(Symbian?) that they stopped using. 

 

I'm waiting for news on WP but as of right now, its really a choice.

post #63527 of 121151
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

The 5 came out a few months ago and my plan ends in a few months, so I would wait to see what new product they come out with.

 

And then compare and contrast

 

I would first of all ask myself if I need a new phone.

 

It would be $200 I could spend eslewhere. If the answer is yes.

 

Then I must ask myself what the hell I want to really do with it.

 

We can talk about wonderful emulators and app store with Android and its open oh so wonderfullness. But I personally, don't actually do much 3rd party app usage or much actual consumer use of a phone at all.

 

It's literally my web browser, email, texting and phone. With some cool apps to make manga reading and other stuff funner.

 

Which leads me personally back to if I really want a new dam phone at all. 

 

The Galaxies aren't what I like. The flagship flagships(there are like 3 flagships usually but I mean the flagship flagship) Because the flagship flagship is just a tad too big (with a case on especially) to want in my pocket. They don't look that good also imo but looks aren't too too big

 

The Nokia's...hahaha Windows Phone OS or old Nokia smartphone OS(Symbian?) that they stopped using. 

 

I'm waiting for news on WP but as of right now, its really a choice.

I was in a similar boat. I wanted four things from a smartphone.

1) USB Audio...self explanatory here.

2) Expandable memory.

3) Smallish size, less than 5" tall and 3" wide.

4) Good build quality.

 

Ideally for under £250

 

Guess what. I couldn't find anything at all. Not one single phone had all these features.

post #63528 of 121151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

I was in a similar boat. I wanted four things from a smartphone.

1) USB Audio...self explanatory here.

2) Expandable memory.

3) Smallish size, less than 5" tall and 3" wide.

4) Good build quality.

 

Ideally for under £250

 

Guess what. I couldn't find anything at all. Not one single phone had all these features.

I don't need USB Audio but it would be nice

 

There are always hits and misses and even some phone that works for some  may not work for others due to different region phones (Example: German dude confirms it works, American dude nope)

 

I don't need expandable memory

 

I don't need a huge screen. iPhone 5 is good size for me

 

I would personally like easy reparability. iPhone 3G/3GS and iPhone 4S have the repairability I want. Not easy enough so other people in college can open it and thus I make money but not hard enough or expensive enough on Ebay to want to send out to pro.

 

I'm getting dedicated pmp later this year so I don't need an audiophile lovers made ready phone

post #63529 of 121151

Any thoughts on the Nexus 4? Sort of want just for the hardware and build, that or the Nexus 7.

 

As you can see phones aren't my forte.

post #63530 of 121151
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Ohayou~

 

Uhhhh............. iPhone 5?

No, he needs a real phone, not crapple crap.

post #63531 of 121151
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Any thoughts on the Nexus 4? Sort of want just for the hardware and build, that or the Nexus 7.

 

As you can see phones aren't my forte.

N4 looks good. Especially for the price.

post #63532 of 121151
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I don't need USB Audio but it would be nice

 

There are always hits and misses and even some phone that works for some  may not work for others due to different region phones (Example: German dude confirms it works, American dude nope)

 

I don't need expandable memory

 

I don't need a huge screen. iPhone 5 is good size for me

 

I would personally like easy reparability. iPhone 3G/3GS and iPhone 4S have the repairability I want. Not easy enough so other people in college can open it and thus I make money but not hard enough or expensive enough on Ebay to want to send out to pro.

 

I'm getting dedicated pmp later this year so I don't need an audiophile lovers made ready phone

I just wanted a phone that consolidated what I already carried in my pocket so I could go down from a DAP+DAC/amp and a phone. The HTC One looked nice, but I'll be damned if I own anything with the "b" logo on it.

post #63533 of 121151
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

N4 looks good. Especially for the price.

I know <3

The Nexus stuff's gotten a fair bit of hype but boy they do look smexy.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

No, he needs a real phone, not crapple crap.

Oh snap just went there.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

I just wanted a phone that consolidated what I already carried in my pocket so I could go down from a DAP+DAC/amp and a phone. The HTC One looked nice, but I'll be damned if I own anything with the "b" logo on it.

...

Now I feel bad for owning a Desire C :(

(though with a case and turning of the dreaded "B" audio, you hardly notice it's there)

post #63534 of 121151
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

I know <3

The Nexus stuff's gotten a fair bit of hype but boy they do look smexy.

 

Oh snap just went there.

Yup. Even the Gnex looks ugly by its standards. Snazzy looking phone that :D

EEyup. iPad owner shooting down apple products..

post #63535 of 121151
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

No, he needs a real phone, not crapple crap.

Well there we have extreme bias that doesn't consider what a user would want or care about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

I just wanted a phone that consolidated what I already carried in my pocket so I could go down from a DAP+DAC/amp and a phone. The HTC One looked nice, but I'll be damned if I own anything with the "b" logo on it.

HTC owns 51% of Beats, I guess that is a con to some if they care about it

post #63536 of 121151
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Well there we have extreme bias that doesn't consider what a user would want or care about

HTC owns 51% of Beats, I guess that is a con to some if they care about it

Lol, I kid... I actually recommend iphones/iPads to some people... Albeit I only recommend them iProducts if they are technologically impared. .


Edited by mechgamer123 - 3/9/13 at 4:53pm
post #63537 of 121151
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Lol, I kid... I actually recommend iphones/iPads to some people... Albeit I only recommend them iProducts if they are technologically impared. .

Which again is incorrect. Hobbying with a phone does not equal technology.

 

A professor at Amherst that is world renowened for some Green eco crap and also in computer science uses an iPhone for example. This example like anything means nothing. People use phones, impairement of anything doesnt account for what they can or cannot have.

post #63538 of 121151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

I was in a similar boat. I wanted four things from a smartphone.

1) USB Audio...self explanatory here.

2) Expandable memory.

3) Smallish size, less than 5" tall and 3" wide.

4) Good build quality.

 

Ideally for under £250

 

Guess what. I couldn't find anything at all. Not one single phone had all these features.

Nope, unfortunately each of the good phones lacks in one or more of your 4 things.

Even though I don't like Sammy's build quality, their phones are probably the best out there right now IMO.

post #63539 of 121151
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Nope, unfortunately each of the good phones lacks in one or more of your 4 things.

Even though I don't like Sammy's build quality, their phones are probably the best out there right now IMO.

I don't believe in a best phone

 

There is a reason why we have flagships from different legions.

 

Everyone is different and has different wants and usages. 

 

We have that dude that likes to do deep tinkering by writing up code and seeing it work on the phone or installing different schiit on it.

 

We have Facebook Girl

 

We have uber buff guy that likes to take buff pics and tweet them

 

etc etc

post #63540 of 121151
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Nope, unfortunately each of the good phones lacks in one or more of your 4 things.

Even though I don't like Sammy's build quality, their phones are probably the best out there right now IMO.

Which is why I still don't own a smartphone.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge